• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataku

The Digital Deluxe stuff is just one per account? :(

Apparently. I quickly created a character to get my name and then deleted him to customize him the way I wanted. Now I'm missing every item other than the ring. I never used it even claimed the items on my placeholder character.

I don't really care about the tome but I'll be pretty upset of I can't get my wolf skill and minipet.

arimanius

Sigh, after making my characters I decided to go to bed. When I woke up this morning, all excited to play, I find out they are having server issues. What a nice thing to wake up to... :(

Did the samething. I'm use to server issues on launch day.

Time to drink some more coffee and change my mind about my class/race 10 more times.

Apparently. I quickly created a character to get my name and then deleted him to customize him the way I wanted. Now I'm missing every item other than the ring. I never used it even claimed the items on my placeholder character.

I don't really care about the tome but I'll be pretty upset of I can't get my wolf skill and minipet.

I did the same thing, except I wasn't thinking, took the mini-pet and then deleted the character to get the name I wanted, now my mini is lost in a cyber space trash pit. I am sure Anet will add in a way to claim it off some vendor in the future.

The wolf elite is just in your skill panel like everything else though.

Sethos

Banned
People say this is the smoothest MMO launch for them. I can honestly say this is the most rocky start to any MMO or server based game I've experienced. Even had a much smoother experience with Diablo 3.

If you're talking about that blank white box in the upper left corner, when I click on that, yes, pressing buttons makes those bars light up green and alters numbers.

It should not actually be a white box; if your pad is on, it should look like this:
eKyDK.jpg
Is your pad a X360 one, or does it emulate one?

I really thought by the time I woke up this would all be fixed and it would be smooth sailing. I keep getting, "Connection error(s) detected. Retrying..." I'll be patient.

Coolwhip

Banned
People say this is the smoothest MMO launch for them. I can honestly say this is the most rocky start to any MMO or server based game I've experienced. Even had a much smoother experience with Diablo 3.

Wow was plagued with issues like this in the first year. Not sure at launch though.

LkPr

It was smooth for the 3 hours i was playing at midnight lol

Id rather small technical issues than the 3+ hour queues my guild faced for Aion, Rift, and SWTOR. At least server issues can get fixed rather quickly.

Kem0sabe

Were you there for WoW? WoW´s European launch at least was a god damn catastrophe.

To be fair, this gives them more time to work out the kinks since it hasn't officially "launched" yet.

On an unrelated note, I wonder what timezone the GW2 technicians are in.

BrettWeir

It was awesome last night from midnight to 5 am. I've seen a LOT worse.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I couldn't log in to Diablo 3 for hours, managed to once, and had 700+ms ping for 3 days.

Better not be anywhere near that bad.

Spookie

Ha, now I know you're taking the piss! :p

Diablo 3 was nigh un playable for me if it wasn't the login errors it was the input lag.

The game was working fine for me, that was until I crashed and the login severs went down shortly afterwards. The three to four hours I played were perfectly fine with the game having no rubber banding or issues with combat.

This is a head start, the official release date is 8/28/2012, remember that people, anyone who thought this was going to be a smooth launch you are fooling yourself...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lol launch night was such a clusterfuck (and hilariously fun), you could barely see mobs and questgivers at times.

Yes, I was playing on all low at the beginning.

Coolwhip

Banned
Earlier I was commending Anet for the 3 hour early launch. But if it's still fubar 6 hours after the official headstart... come on dudes.

Sethos

Banned
Ha, now I know you're taking the piss! :p

Diablo 3 was nigh un playable for me if it wasn't the login errors it was the input lag.

The game was working fine for me, that was until I crashed and the login severs went down shortly afterwards. The three to four hours I played were perfectly fine with the game having no rubber banding or issues with combat.

Not really. I was in the game 30 minutes after launch ( albeit several tries ) played for a few hours, woke up the next day and got logged in straight away. Never had the issues people were talking about. At launch this is, anything in the following months I wouldn't know about.

It was up at LITERALLY 12:00AM EST. On the dot.

There are some bugs, but this is one of the smoothest, most fun launches I've ever experienced.

Really?

I've spent about 8 hours trying to get in. The forums for the game are down. There is no support.

It hasn't been a smooth ride from my end.

TERA & Rift were smoother launches.

Wallach

I couldn't log in to Diablo 3 for hours, managed to once, and had 700+ms ping for 3 days.

Better not be anywhere near that bad.

My group played a solid 7 hour block. The worst problems we had were right at the start, mainly waiting for everyone to get through the overflow and the initial lag. Mail server was also obviously not keeping up, a few times mail did not arrive for like 20-30 minutes. Sounds like EU has had it a lot worse from the get go.

your memory is not so good, it seems.

I don't know if he's being serious or not... But I honestly didn't have any problems minus lag for a couple hours. My friends and I kept server hopping every time they opened up a new server to get away from the lag that constantly followed. However, I really remember that being fixed within a few hours.

There were of course some more minor issues for awhile after launch, but nothing compared to more recent launches.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Really?

I've spent about 10 hours trying to get in. The forums for the game are down. There is no support.

It hasn't been a smooth ride from my end.

TERA & Rift were smoother launches.

People have had different experiences. I logged in promptly at 12:00AM EST, made my character and started playing without any issues.

Augustus

Banned
Im getting Error 42:0:9001:3927, and its saying is due to a firewall, or a TCP port or something. Is this common? I tried resetting my firewall etc.

oneils

Im getting Error 42:0:9001:3927, and its saying is due to a firewall, or a TCP port or something. Is this common? I tried resetting my firewall etc.

An earlier tweet from GW2 said:

The errors related with firewall/conectivity are still being investigated by our teams. We will give you more info as soon as we get it. ^DO

So it looks like it is a fairly common issue that is being addressed.

Audioboxer

EU Diablo 3 was fucked for days, losing characters, achievements and everything. Lag and ping issues lasted longer than days.

This is still disappointing though, AreaNet done many stress tests.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I don't know if he's being serious or not... But I honestly didn't have any problems minus lag for a couple hours. My friends and I kept server hopping every time they opened up a new server to get away from the lag that constantly followed. However, I really remember that being fixed within a few hours.

There were of course some more minor issues for awhile after launch, but nothing compared to more recent launches.

my server was down for most of (if not the entire) day. Lag issues were horrid as well.

It should not actually be a white box; if your pad is on, it should look like this:

Is your pad a X360 one, or does it emulate one?

Wow, I derped real hard. I was going to say it's blank and the whole xpadder screen was just all blank grey but then I noted your pic says xbox 360 in that left bar. I tried the open option before, but didn't actually select the controller and open. This was because I noted that the controls were listed when I clicked that block I mentioned before and it was showing a 360 controller icon in the left block so I thought it was already being applied. Derp indeed. My Xpadder now looks like the screen shot you showed me so hopefully it will work fine when GW2 comes back up. I'm so unfamiliar with this type of thing so it was a learning curve, thanks for your patience. It also explains why I couldn't figure out what you were talking about concerning arrows in your instructions for speeding up the R control stick camera turns. Now I should hopefully be set.

Wallach

Audίoboxer;41394252 said:
EU Diablo 3 was fucked for days, losing characters, achievements and everything. Lag and ping issues lasted longer than days.

I'm pretty sure I remember Yoshichan going nuts because of how long the EU problems lasted. And he was definitely trying to get on quite a lot.

Ricker

I don't suppose anyone knows?

You should enter the key that just came with your Box,that is the new one...you have 5 days after the 28th to enter it though so it's no rush,their servers and website are in some sort of repair status right now so I would wait till early next week...

tci

Audίoboxer;41394252 said:

This is still disappointing though, AreaNet done many stress tests.
This can not be compared to D3 launch. GW2 worked for many hours without much hassle. Very smooth pre-launch. Gives them lots of data for the official launch on Tuesday.

Zafir

Sigh. Figured it would be better by the time I went to sleep and woke up, but I can't even download the patch now. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom