• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkunedo

Rolled a Necro. Seems to have very fun abilities. They're not very graphic but damn the sounds are awesome.

That's true. At one point last night there was a necro beside me casting crazy spells that were making amazing sounds. makes me want to roll one.

Only played very briefly last night-- went with a Charr Engineer. The controller setup worked like a charm but I need to study that button configuration and maybe tweak it a bit for my own play style. I definitely had trouble keeping track of which buttons did what.

Thanks, I tried those, unfortunately I got the same results - XPadder and AutoHotKey start, but the profiles don't load into XPadder (I can fix that by just double clicking the profiles, though).

Clicking on "Click "New" to create layout..." in XPadder pops up a settings window for "Controller (Xbox 360 For Windows)", so it seems that it does detect my controller, just doesn't show the controller image or the key bindings.

Should XPadder detect the profiles automatically? Because looking at the batch file, it seems to be working fine and doing what it says - launch XPadder, then launch AutoHotKey. Both of those start with no problems as far as I know.

That's weird as hell. I included a .ini file that should load the controller configuration and game profile automatically. Can you check if it's there? It should be called Xpadder.ini and have a section that includes a line like:

Controller1File=Xbox 360 Controller.xpaddercontroller

In any case, try opening the controller profile manually using the leftmost small icon, after activating your controller. The controller file and the game profile are separate files, and I'm thinking that you're going to have to load both (the game profile is loaded via the middle icon that looks like a page with text).

Do report how it goes, please! :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Log Never, Offline Forever

This is getting frustrating :(

Yep.

f8haQ.png

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The one thing I noticed last night was that they have zone queuing. Not exactly sure how it works but it seems as if too many people are in server zone you get sent to another version of the zone somewhere else. I think they're using this tech to avoid tons of lag on the main server and still allowing people to play. Once your turn in the queue goes up you have the option to join the real zone. Brilliant idea and you don't even notice the difference when you change zones.

The game really ran amazing. I can't believe the level of details with 20+ people killing mobs and not even a hitch for my i3 processor and HD 6950.

If they get these login errors fixed and the zone tech works properly this might be the smoothest MMO launch ever.

Yeah I was wondering about that and it would make sense. Since if not Id fear what it would look like haha.

But seriously it was so bad that I couldnt tell what was a player and what was a generic NPC at times. Thats how little people there were. Though with the Tigger on roids race that side was pretty crowded. So initially was wondering if it just had something to do with racial popularity. Same with the humans too.

Reknoc

Has it been up for Europe at all or just briefly during the head start of the head start? Rest of the world gets their names, Europe cries.

Proven

They did everything to have the perfect launch. And we broke them. How many million people did it take ArenaNet? We want answers!

ShaneB

Did you guys see the Reddit poll on class / race choices? Pretty interesting; Does it match up with what you were seeing on your servers? I'm still undecided on what to play, but I tend to favour the lesser played classes just to be different.

Tried to get back playing as Ele, but just was not clicking like it did in the bwe, so now im back wondering what class to play :(

My melee roots are calling me, so i'll probably go warrior, but worried about large scale viability in WvW since the Ele handled that easily.

I've never played a Layton game. I just the art :)

*gasp* correct this, asap!

diffusionx

Gold Member
I got home last night at around 2:00am and played it until 5:00am. It was spectacular.

Major bummer that I can't log in now.

BearPawB

Banned
Just goes to show you how hard online launches are.

People gave blizzard shit for not being prepared.
But it sure seems like even the best preparation is not enough.

Reknoc

It's been three hours out of 72ish, lighten up. That is not "no headstart." Also, people paying more is retailers' faults and not ArenaNet's.

Well... if you bought it from a retailer chances are you paid less than what you would have getting it from Anet.

edit: but no, you didn't pay for the headstart. I did, but it was £1.70 on top of the £33, so still a decent deal.

Parakeetman

It's been three hours out of 72ish, lighten up. That is not "no headstart." Also, people paying more is retailers' faults and not ArenaNet's.

Though there still are folks who bought it directly from ArenaNets HP so with that being said kinda hard to say its a "retailers fault".

PaulLFC

That's weird as hell. I included a .ini file that should load the controller configuration and game profile automatically. Can you check if it's there? It should be called Xpadder.ini and have a section that includes a line like:

Controller1File=Xbox 360 Controller.xpaddercontroller

In any case, try opening the controller profile manually using the leftmost small icon, after activating your controller. The controller file and the game profile are separate files, and I'm thinking that you're going to have to load both (the game profile is loaded via the middle icon that looks like a page with text).

Do report how it goes, please! :)
Thanks again, I'll try that. Looking at the Xpadder.ini it seems to be correct, it has the Xbox 360 controller set and the four profiles are referenced as well.

I'll load them manually and report how that goes :)

Card Boy

Banned
I'm prepared for disappointment. Meaning i'm expecting the game to be unplayable for a good 2 weeks due to server issues.

I was prepared for disappointment, so I don't feel disappointed now.

People said the game was ready and shat on my posts.....

Has it been up for Europe at all or just briefly during the head start of the head start? Rest of the world gets their names, Europe cries.

It's been up for everyone and down at the same time, so it seems this time we're not second-rate customers, for once.
Well, except for the bit about paying 20-25% more for gems than anyone else in the world. >_>

Orayn

Well... if you bought it from a retailer chances are you paid less than what you would have getting it from Anet.

That's what I meant. I dunno, paying way under MSRP at retail on launch day is a foreign concept to me since I'm American.

Parakeetman

Im still impressed that for the most part when the game worked it worked great. Just that the whole server issues need to be ironed out. Once that is done am sure everything will be smooth sailing for the most part.

What Nvidia drivers you guys are using?
No problems with my 285.62 but the new WHQL drivers give me problems with other games so those are no no. Beta drivers any better?

Still somewhat pissed I missed the start by minutes, and lost my top 4 names.
I was all set to spam the login button, but I wasn't expecting it to open up prior to the "3 hrs before launch".

The fact that everything is down, including Guild Wars 1, makes me thing this issue extends far beyond just their servers. They were saying in one of the last tests their ISP was having issues, wonder if we just completely brought down whoever their ISP is.

So are the servers down or is it just a connection problem for new people trying to access the servers?

Addition: Went to bed at 4:30am EST, game was fine, just woke up at 9:40ish so I was curious what happened =p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Still can't log in at all? I'm honestly stunned.

edit: Skimming the past couple pages that took place while I was asleep, you've all been classy as hell. GW2GAF forever <3

Syril

This is how these headstart things usually work, the early adopters get to essentially beta test. Nothing new, really... patience.

And we got to literally beta test as well, so I'm not complaining.

Do they have something to inform users of what's happening?

The best bet is probably their twitter and facebook pages, which are full of the standard "We're aware of what's happening and working as hard as we can, thank you for your patience" currently, but get frequent updates.

Reknoc

It's been up for everyone and down at the same time, so it seems this time we're not second-rate customers, for once.
Well, except for the bit about paying 20-25% more for gems than anyone else in the world. >_>

That's cool then (except for the gems thing), guess I missed out when I went back to sleep.

It's understandable and not massively maddening, the only thing irking me is the name business which to be fair seems like a pretty bad idea, or at least poorly implemented from the start.

inter

Guild Wars 2 @GuildWars2
At present our server team are working on the underlying problems that are causing login issues, thank you for your continued patience ^AT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom