• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
So, people who have played this game, can I get some testimonials about if Dynamic Events are as good as they sound or if the game is going to get dull fast with infinite quests involving washing off buildings or killing X of Y?
The game is intense, sometimes it doesn't even gives you time to take a breath and clean the inventory. Well, it does, but you'll want to do it as fast as possible, unless you can resist the temptation. :p

The initial human events were mostly about killing, yes, but they were streamlined, fluid and varied enough. Ranged from bosses that moved around the map, large group of mobs that attempted to take or destroy something, or scouting and protecting NPCs. They offered double the satisfaction, because they allowed you to complete quests while doing so. In fact, rewards came from everywhere. Lots of better gear, more money, more loot for crafting, exp, skill unlocks, daily acchievements, exploration, etc. It was also quite cool when event chains occured. And the world feels so lively when you're walking around and two or three (new) events are happening around you in areas, even in areas that you have previously explored.

01DragonFly

For those who were able to acquire names:

What'd ya get?

Dragonfly
Dragon Fly(wow I wasn't expecting this to be available)
Escaflowne
Van of the Dawn (since van and Dann was already taken)from many of the nicknames that van had from gunxsword
Kakashio ( just added and o since it was already taken )

SorchaR

Flopp for my little asura engineer. I love the name :)

I like Flopp, it's adorable.

I was too late for single names so all my characters have a last name.
My Asura is called Florrie Spocket, my human Mirriana Everlost, my Norn is Brinja Fireheart and my Silvari is called Fiora Autumnleaf.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Interesting something went and downloaded like greased lightning for the patcher. But now its gone back to the usual connection error message. Wonder wtf it downloaded though?

Naxx

my account logged in, but couldn't because of not being able to download the patch. Restarted the launcher and it's back to connection problem :(

mingus

Slept at 5, just woke up to try and I'm seeing "Connection error(s) detected. Retrying..." Is this the same problem everyone else had or do I have a special kind of problem? PATCH DAMN YOU

Lump, Fluttertree, Gaf, Bearock, and Get On My Level.

heh, Gaf [GAF]

Forkball

Sucks for those of you who didn't get the name you wanted. No one was creative enough to think up my character's amazing name.

Forkball

timkunedo

we need someone to post the lord of the rings picture with the words, "One does not simply Login to Guild Wars 2". would be awesome.

Westlo

Argh this sucks.. though I'll finish milling herbs in WoW (which needs to be done before this tuesdays patch...) before getting diving into this... and now I have time for gw2 it's done.

Sucks for those of you who didn't get the name you wanted. No one was creative enough to think up my character's amazing name.

Forkball

There is only one name I didn't get off my original shortlist of ones I had prepped before hand. Screw the guy who got Bertoxxulous before I did! Screw them forever!

Someone in GAF took Charles Barkley after I mentioned in this thread, should probably have kept that one to myself! Nevermind, would have only sat on the name as I don't really like Sylvari.

Chriswok
Crazy Joe
Phil Mitchell

So I'm happy.

Just seems to me that the headstart is just the final beta / tweaking for the official launch of the game. I hate being a tester after the actual beta is over.

Every online game has these issues. If you buy any MMO or online-only game at launch or the first month really you are still technically a 'beta' tester.

I had a blast, chatting with people in mumble before the start the final "OH SHIT IT'S UP" moment and then getting immersed in about 3 hours of gameplay before I finally had to sleep (being up for 21 hours can do that to a person).

I'm extremely pleased with the game. One of the few times where there is a shit-ton of hype and I feel it lived up to everything.

Am I pissed I can't login now? Sure. But I'm also not going to be paying a sub fee for a game I'll get at the very least; months of playtime.

They really pulled off an amazing game, how the level 30+ stuff plays out is to be seen but I'm thoroughly impressed with what they've done.

And now for some quick and dirty screens, I really don't have a great system right now so bare with the lower settings lol:
gw020.jpg

gw027.jpg

gw022.jpg

Someone in GAF took Charles Barkley after I mentioned in this thread, should probably have kept that one to myself! Nevermind, would have only sat on the name as I don't really like Sylvari.

Could have went Charrles Barkley and made a Charr!

I'm still surprised I got Charcoal. Couldn't get it in any of the BWE's.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh based Gaben, please make my game patch faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom