• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syril

So, people who have played this game, can I get some testimonials about if Dynamic Events are as good as they sound or if the game is going to get dull fast with infinite quests involving washing off buildings or killing X of Y?

I think they're a lot of fun. When you get right down to it a lot of the things you end up doing aren't that different from standard fare, but the events are all implemented in a way that fits the area they take place in and arise from things that the NPC were already doing (If you're in the right place at the right time, you can see the circumstances that lead to one of them being started or even convince an NPC to start it themselves). Also it helps that everyone is working towards a collective goal instead of everyone having to fulfill their own goals in a vacuum.

Negaiido

Is anyone else getting the "You are not in a guild" when you are clearly in a guild? I'm in the GAF guild and I can't use /guild to talk.

Varna

Sucks to wake up to this. Went fairly smooth last nigh by mmo standards. Getting the connection error message.

Does GW2 needs any particular ports open?

LuuKyK

Besides the hate now, I have to say this game looks beautiful. My god. Some Vistas there and just walking through the main cities is such an awesome experience. Can't wait to play again.

panda21

did the guild wars 2 app ever surface? i tried googling and it sounds like its coming to android but most of the news about it is from 2010...

Sinistral

Are those people who are having naming problems trying for a First name only? When I played SWTOR they had the Legacy system and you had a persistent last name throughout your characters on the server, I adopted that here and no issue with all the names I wanted. People will still call you by your first name, the only inconvenience would be whispering, but there is auto complete for that.

Novawar clan representing.

Patching problems here as well. I guess despite all their stress tests, nothing can prepare you for launch. Though people have played through the night, I got a few hours in and chose to go to bed hoping to play all day.

Welcome to MMO launches. Equal parts frustrating, and satisfaction.

Damn my small fingers. These controls need to be altered for me for sure.

Thank god for double tap to dodge.

Also when using Mumble the game refuses to play the game's sound through my headset.

I just got in FYI

And for the people that are really new (like me) and are going to do crafting eventually. Go to a vendor and buy harvesting stuff. They are like 24 bronze (or whatever cheapest coins) each and have 100 uses. But you'll eventually want to go get this stuff if you're into crafting. All the nodes that say "You need blah blah to harvest this".

Called:

Copper Harvesting Sickle
Copper Logging Axe
Copper Mining Pick

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is this real life?

or8K2m.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom