• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

The thanks email was just for registering. The store email is as follows -

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order of Guild Wars 2.

As part of your purchase we have included your 3 day headstart code which you can find below:

BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH

Please go to https://register.guildwars2.com/ and follow the instructions to active your code.

If you need any help please contact customer support at https://support.guildwars2.com who will be able to assist with your queries.

Kind Regards

Tesco Entertainment
Ah okay, that's similar to mine, but mine was from Grainger Games. Didn't mention early access but I'd assume it was supposed to be 3 days:

Hi,

Thanks for your recent pre-order of Guild Wars 2.

All of these pre-orders are currently being dispatched and will all be sent out by today.

Please find your early access code below:

XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX

Thanks for shopping with Grainger Games.

Regards,

[name edited]
Web/Digital Editor
Grainger Games

Ah okay, that's similar to mine, but mine was from Grainger Games. Didn't mention early access but I'd assume it was supposed to be 3 days:

Suppose we can't do much other than to wait. I've sent a image of my email to support.
Going to avoid this thread I think as all the reports of people playing is winding me up lol

LogicStep

So let me get this straight. Me and 2 of my friends made characters on the same server, we form a party yet we can't play together? We can't see each other and it seems it's because of the overflow thing that pops op whenever we go to a new zone. Is there something we're missing?

So let me get this straight. Me and 2 of my friends made characters on the same server, we form a party yet we can't play together? We can't see each other and it seems it's because of the overflow thing that pops op whenever we go to a new zone. Is there something we're missing?

It was like this in beta and everyone complained about it. Not sure if they've come up with a way to fix it or not.

Desaan

Audίoboxer;41397653 said:
Do servers fill up per characters made or per accounts on server?

At this point I have no idea, 1st day headstart and 5 EU servers are showing as full v's 2 NA. Dodgy.

I'm persistently getting 'Account not authorized' so I think my 3-day pass is fucked.
Going to stop trying to log in now after 9 hours and wait for a response from the support team.

Ettie

There is usually an option on the portrait menu called join in. Maybe disabled for stability?

PaulLFC

Suppose we can't do much other than to wait. I've sent a image of my email to support.
Going to avoid this thread I think as all the reports of people playing is winding me up lol
Haha, same! Done the same with support as well, sent them a screenshot of the email with the serial in and hopefully they can activate it before the weekend's over.

Mephala

Hey guys just a quick question. Is there a bank I can stash items at anywhere? Can't seem to find one. I'm at the Norn starting area if that helps.

Sethos

Banned
There's some great atmospheric areas in this game

1kvjf1.png

Matthew9559

Neo Member
Yeah, logged on today at 11:20 AM with no issues. Everything been buttery smooth since login. Even last night it was fine an hour after launch started (1 AM est). Fantastic for an MMO launch. :)

Deitus

Hey guys just a quick question. Is there a bank I can stash items at anywhere? Can't seem to find one. I'm at the Norn starting area if that helps.

Yeah, you have to go to Hoelbrak, the Norn city to get to it though. To get there, head west from the area where you first showed up after the tutorial mission.

The banker NPC shows up on the second floor of the great lodge area. He should have an icon that looks like a lock on your map, so look for that.

Do you guys think you can change servers if you delete all your characters or are gems the only way (after the first week)?

Though I have not tried it, I do not believe that will work. Your server is account bound, not character bound.

Sethos

Banned
Audίoboxer;41398064 said:
Nice screenshot anyway! How is using a rifle?

It's really great, the effects are so awesome and the feel of being able to run while shooting is unmatched. I'm definitely going to have a ranged weapon with me, always.

JonCha

If you're having problems claiming Hall of Monuments rewards log into your Guild Wars account.

And on the rewards, how the hell do you equip them?

KingKong

so the game is telling me I should use the Nvidia beta drivers instead of the last release one, is that safe? I don't usually do beta drivers because what's the point, but do they really help in GW2?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
so the game is telling me I should use the Nvidia beta drivers instead of the last release one, is that safe? I don't usually do beta drivers because what's the point, but do they really help in GW2?

The beta drivers are better for GW2.

Bags

Neo Member
I haven't played an MMO not named EVE in many moons. Oddly enough, I'm having a real difficult time feeling comfortable with the controls.

Can any of you recommend some different key bindings that would allow me to circle strafe and hit my skills well? I have strafe on a, and d right now. I find it difficult, for instance, to be pressing w, and d, and then needing to hit any skill button that isn't 1, or 2.

I tried something funky...I pressed down the left and right mouse buttons to move forward, had space and shift for my strafe keys, and my page back button to dodge. It was a little goofy, and pressing shift + page back would not activate a dodge to the left, while space + page back worked fine dodging to the right. Overall it still felt pretty wonky.

I don't plan on getting a Naga, and my mouse has two extra buttons on the thumb side.

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Hyde

So, Stormbluff is our server? I suppose that is where I will be going. I hope my friend hasn't made his character yet on a different server while I was sleeping.

Hoplatee

How would it work if you'd move to one realm and a name was taken already? Rename I guess or are names account bound and not server side or something?

Guess it would suck if you moved and had to rename.

Forkball

Audίoboxer;41398522 said:
Is there anyway to get dye without buying it with real money?

edit: Nvm, found the dye dropper.

People also sell them on the trading post. The prices don't seem too outrageous for them... yet.

Deitus

How would it work if you'd move to one realm and a name was taken already? Rename I guess or are names account bound and not server side or something?

Guess it would suck if you moved and had to rename.

Names are game wide. If a name is taken on one server, it's taken on all servers. So if you change servers, you won't have to rename.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom