• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
View of the four statues up the Shiverpeaks in Hoelbrak is pretty compelling in 3D. Wish I could capture a GIF.
i7S2TGWAZQo7C.png

Plumpman

If you go around looking for dynamic events, TONS of them fill in the heart in the area if you're doing it for the first time. It's kind of ingenious actually. You can just run around and fill them in but the game's not necessarily meant to be played so linearly.

Its probably just my OCD but I need 100% clear, and since hearts are part of it, I like doing them in order.

Poo!

Appears I got my graphics situation fixed for now; it was the "Native" render sample setting that was causing objects and assets to disappear. Switching to another option worked out and now I can see everything again. Can't jump into the game just yet but will shortly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
When you get a spare moment, hit up your map, and pan over and down just south of Lion's Arch.

ibnRzDMXrdFF0o.png

This 45-55 area is Stormbluff Isle (right? it's so stylized). We get there and find a sweet spot and make it our hangout.

zinder

I'm guessing by now all the guild are full, right? Having fun playing myself but it would be cool to have a guild to interact with.

KePoW

Banned
Appears I got my graphics situation fixed for now; it was the "Native" render sample setting that was causing objects and assets to disappear. Switching to another option worked out and now I can see everything again. Can't jump into the game just yet but will shortly.

Strange that the "Native" setting would cause that. I would think that would be the most compatible.

Westlo

Wouldn't try and transfer servers right now guys, seems a good way to fuck up your chance to play this game by getting error code 1032:6:3:2114

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What does it mean when I'm in an overflow?

Orayn said:
Overflow servers are what GW2 does instead of putting you in a queue. If a particular region in your home server is full, you go to that region's overflow until space opens up.

It's a good feature, right now it's causing problems for parties though.

Proven

Isle of Janthir was in the lead a few hours ago, so I spent the last three hours on the Islde of Janthir Borderlands directing people about and taking enough land to get us ahead in income, and about tied in points. Then some people jumped on Eternal Battlegrounds and took Stonemist, and clinched it.

Also, when I'm in WvW, and calling people for WvW, please get into the WvW mumble channel. Both the Lovenasium and the guild chat are too crowded.

Verve

Anyone playing with a controller? How is it?

Had a blast with the Xbox 360 Controller for PC!

... until it patched again, now it seems that pressing the right stick to toggle mouse look does not work any more :/
anyone having the same behavior?
using weltalls simplified setting, that action is assigned to F7 if I see that correctly

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Had a blast with the Xbox 360 Controller for PC!

... until it patched again, now it seems that pressing the right stick to toggle mouse look does not work any more :/
anyone having the same behavior?
using weltalls simplified setting, that action is assigned to F7 if I see that correctly

It is, but it relies on AutoHotKey for what the F7 key is DOING. Do you still have the script running?

Granted, I don't use xpadder, but it works great for me as we speak...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Call comes from the big boss fellas. I swear to god, we have over 400 total applicants to get through that signed up in the thread, and the guild cap is 500.

I think somebody promised me an Octopus if we needed a second guild...

Verve

It is, but it relies on AutoHotKey for what the F7 key is DOING. Do you still have the script running?

Granted, I don't use xpadder, but it works great for me as we speak...

aw.. fully my mistake!
had restarted my pc and did not use start.bat but only started xpadder.
works flawlessly again, thanks so much!

surprisingly good to play with the controller, will keep that method :)

arimanius

Messed around with my asura engineer. Got her to level 3. Fun game so far but I'm completely lost.

Hopefully this afternoon I can do an extended playtime and get things figured out.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I've been playing almost exclusively WvW. It's pretty fun.

How does one enter different chat channels - for example, is there a guild chat channel?

Mephala

Yeah, you have to go to Hoelbrak, the Norn city to get to it though. To get there, head west from the area where you first showed up after the tutorial mission.

The banker NPC shows up on the second floor of the great lodge area. He should have an icon that looks like a lock on your map, so look for that.

YES! Found him. Thanks!

Is the auction house down for anybody else?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Auction house has been down since the beginning as far as I can tell.

Audίoboxer;41400916 said:
How many crafting professions can you learn, 2?

You can learn any and all, but only two at a time. I don't think you lose your level if you switch.

Sephon

I'll try and ask for an invite through here too since I can't seem to whisper to any of the officers through the game, I get some jibberish about login and firewall and stuff...
The weird part is that I could whisper to my other GAF-friend I was playing with.

Anyhow, Please invite me to the guild... Please!
In-game name: Seiphon

PaulLFC

I can't log into the game, forum or the support page..

gw2q.jpg

I got the headstart code from ShopTo
It seems the common theme between all of us who can't log in is that we all bought the game from stores/sites within the UK or EU. They'd best sort this soon, locking out an entire region isn't on.

rSpooky

Question .. I am playing a guardian, and on the ui i have some skills that are assigned to the f keys. Are these skills that expire or permanent until cancelled? They keep appearing in non clickable form on the right had side of my life bubble as well, and i am not sure that means they are active or that they are read to be used. Thanks

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll try and ask for an invite through here too since I can't seem to whisper to any of the officers through the game, I get some jibberish about login and firewall and stuff...
The weird part is that I could whisper to my other GAF-friend I was playing with.

Anyhow, Please invite me to the guild... Please!
In-game name: Seiphon

Did you sign up on gafguild.com?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So apparently the servers went down after I went to bed and are back up? BEST COAST STRIKES AGAIN.

Also, had THE most flawless gaming experience yesterday. Was on the overflow for a few minutes tops then could transfer to the actual server, everything flawlessly and no lag at all on best appearance settings with 40+fps. SO. FRIGGIN.GOOD.

running on an i7- 2670M with a GTX 560M on my laptop. don't even have the beta drivers. so. friggin. good.

So apparently the servers went down after I went to bed and are back up? BEST COAST STRIKES AGAIN.

Also, had THE most flawless gaming experience yesterday. Was on the overflow for a few minutes tops then could transfer to the actual server, everything flawlessly and no lag at all on best appearance settings with 40+fps. SO. FRIGGIN.GOOD.

running on an i7- 2670M with a GTX 560M on my laptop. don't even have the beta drivers. so. friggin. good.

shit bag :)

Is anybody running the NVIDIA 304 beta drivers that it tells you to download? I installed them earlier and everything ran fine on my 560 Ti, BUT my video card fan wasn't ramping up. The MSI Afterburner readout was showing bogus readings: 0C temperature, 4 trillion % fan speed and 0% load. The fact that my fan wasn't ramping up leads me to conclude that my card might have been getting really hot.

In summary: BE CAREFUL ABOUT INSTALLING THE BETA DRIVER. It didn't fry my card, but it very easily could have. Tested it in a couple of other games and got no fan rampup either.

Zafir

Is anybody running the NVIDIA 304 beta drivers that it tells you to download? I installed them earlier and everything ran fine on my 560 Ti, BUT my video card fan wasn't ramping up. The MSI Afterburner readout was showing bogus readings: 0C temperature, 4 trillion % fan speed and 0% load. The fact that my fan wasn't ramping up leads me to conclude that my card might have been getting really hot.

In summary: BE CAREFUL ABOUT INSTALLING THE BETA DRIVER. It didn't fry my card, but it very easily could have. Tested it in a couple of other games and got no fan rampup either.

I cant even install it. It keeps failing, even if I clean install. :/

PaulLFC

Thanks for the heads up. Will stick with non-beta once ArenaNet decide we're allowed the head start access we should have had hours ago.

I cant even install it. It keeps failing, even if I clean install. :/

Yeah it gave me an error on installing, but it did successfully install the driver itself, just not the ancillary stuff (3D vision, HD audio etc.) This might not happen to everyone, but it's something to be cautious of.

I can't get my rewards. I have linked my GW account, I can see my 30/50 rewards in the HoM site but when I talk with kimes I can't see any item...

I'm the only one with this problem?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have a question. I'm about to buy GW2 but I want to be sure of something first. Is there a deadline on the Hall of Monuments? Someone said you need to start it in GW1 before the launch of GW2 to be able to work on it in the future, so I wanted to check if there is indeed some sort of deadline (I haven't started it in GW1 yet. In fact I only own an old acct of Prophecies but was going to pick up the trilogy on Steam or Amazon in addition to GW2 if I'm not too late to work on the HoM.)

Thanks.

If I buy the physical standard version from Amazon, will I get head-start access by downloading? It says that I will be able to play early, but don't I need whatever is in the box, making it pointless since I'll have to wait a few days or is that wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom