• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, it seems fine with me. Better performance (slightly) than 301 drivers.

Yeah, I actually played for quite a while on them (~2 hours) with no catastrophic issues. I just noticed that my system was abnormally quiet considering that i was gaming. I reinstalled the 301's and jumped in and I realized that GW2 doesn't get my card THAT hot, so I suspect it would have been fine at the default low fan speeds. But other games really heat it up, and while I didn't play any of those games on the 304's, if I did, it might have been bad.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just went and deleted my viking guardian and rerolled with tigger on roids am quite happy with how it turned out.

By far Charr is the favorite race in this game for me!

inky

I've had a lot of problems lately with drivers, but the beta ones have been good to me. Performance is good and haven't even had flash crash on me like it always does. 560 ti here.

LogicStep

Is there a link to the xpadder profile for gw2? I downloaded the Total Game Control one but I can't seem to figure out how to load it.

For some reason I had the impression that this game fixed the whole hassle of playing with your friends issue. I tried to play with them last night but the server everyone was on was 'Full' and I couldn't create a character there. Ug, this game changes a lot of things that needed changing, but they still haven't solved my biggest problem with MMOs. I already have friends split onto different servers too and torn on where to play. Maybe MMOs haven't matured quite enough yet to warrant me coming back.

Nekrono

I just started playing for the first time and went with a Charr, is movement supposed to be this slow? Rolling, running, etc, feels really slow? Is this the way the game is or is it because of my race/armor type (Warrior)?

eznark

Banned
Are there sort of set "this is what your crafting should be if you are this class" in this game? What is best for a necromancer?

broz0rs

i'm so lost in this game, but damn it is fun. all the stuff i hated about wow the game improves upon it so much. i'm definitely playing it for the long haul.

What we did to Sea of Sorrows (4chan server) last night, 2 hours in:

H27CV.jpg

Probably won't be for a while. They're going through hundreds of people that are on the spreadsheet first.

I'm already in the guild, I mean how do I get an invite in the game?

arimanius

I just started playing for the first time and went with a Charr, is movement supposed to be this slow? Rolling, running, etc, feels really slow? Is this the way the game is or is it because of my race/armor type (Warrior)?

Probably because it's a bigger race. My asura feels quick and dodges fast.

01DragonFly

Is anybody running the NVIDIA 304 beta drivers that it tells you to download? I installed them earlier and everything ran fine on my 560 Ti, BUT my video card fan wasn't ramping up. The MSI Afterburner readout was showing bogus readings: 0C temperature, 4 trillion % fan speed and 0% load. The fact that my fan wasn't ramping up leads me to conclude that my card might have been getting really hot.

In summary: BE CAREFUL ABOUT INSTALLING THE BETA DRIVER. It didn't fry my card, but it very easily could have. Tested it in a couple of other games and got no fan rampup either.

I installed those beta drivers not problem in my end 570 evga over clocked.This info is helpful for those that want to install the beta driver and might have your problem and not notice on time.

Audioboxer

Heavy armour makes you slower as well I believe.

01DragonFly

INFLUX OF PEOPLE AND LAG IS RESETTING OUR CHAT HISTORY. IF YOU DON"T GET IN PLEASE SEND IN THE REQUEST AFTER A FEW MIN!

Shadow Kayos, Ashodin Venteal, Gojira, Hawkian The Blade all people that you can whisper for an invite. Please have row number.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rue&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=500

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT GOOGLE DOC LIST THEN WE CANNOT ADD YOU RIGHT NOW! WE ARE BUSY ADDING PEOPLE ALREADY ON THAT LIST WHO ARE WHISPERING US. ONCE WE ARE DONE WE WILL ADD YOU.

here for those that want invite for the guild PLZ READ the warning at the end :

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT GOOGLE DOC LIST THEN WE CANNOT ADD YOU RIGHT NOW! WE ARE BUSY ADDING PEOPLE ALREADY ON THAT LIST WHO ARE WHISPERING US. ONCE WE ARE DONE WE WILL ADD YOU.

Audioboxer

Reached level 8 on my warrior, going at my own pace and exploring. Having fun.

I'm already getting altitis haha, it is good being able to use such a broad selection of weapons with the warrior though!

Seems like ArenaNet are giving the finger to people that can't log in and concentrating now on people that are having issues in-game. Want to know where I stand with my particular error message :(

PaulLFC

Seems like ArenaNet are giving the finger to people that can't log in and concentrating now on people that are having issues in-game. Want to know where I stand with my particular error message :(
Haven't had a response to my support request but I kinda expected that with how busy they must be.

I'm more annoyed at the fact it's happened - these are keys ArenaNet has provided to retailers, and it's not even limited to one retailer, but they all seem to be UK-based retailers. Are they limiting it on purpose to ease server demand or something? Starting to get annoying now, I feel bad for anyone who paid extra for this "privilege", at least I got a good price on the game I suppose. Would have been nice to get the early access I should supposedly have, all the same.

TheExodu5

Banned
Wow...I'm pissed. Work my ass off to get 8-1 in Keg Brawl, and the game team switches me without warning.

Not bothering with that ever again.

Haven't had a response to my support request but I kinda expected that with how busy they must be.

I'm more annoyed at the fact it's happened - these are keys ArenaNet has provided to retailers, and it's not even limited to one retailer, but they all seem to be UK-based retailers. Are they limiting it on purpose to ease server demand or something? Starting to get annoying now, I feel bad for anyone who paid extra for this "privilege", at least I got a good price on the game I suppose. Would have been nice to get the early access I should supposedly have, all the same.

I need to turn off until Monday. The more I drink the more I'm getting pissed off

tci

Can anyone add me to the guild? I had one invite earlier, but that didn't work for some reason. I'm number 353 on the list. Thanks.

PaulLFC

I need to turn off until Monday. The more I drink the more I'm getting pissed off
Haha I know the feeling, after reading about it for so long I thought it'd finally be time to play. I understood the server going down, that's sort of to be expected with popular games like this, but locking out certain accounts? Not impressed with that at all.

Audioboxer

The Guardian looks a lot of fun, think I might play one up to level 8 tomorrow (same as my Warrior) and see which I prefer.

The Warrior is awesome due to the weapons at hand, but I'm such a sucker for magic and having a balance between outright mage and warrior, Guardian, should be up my path...

I'm just worried about the lack of range with the Guardian, at it seems some fights really can be made easier/cheesed with ranged combat.

Sethos

Banned
And here starts the same old statistical impossibility of always being teamed up with a bunch of no-brain scrubs in PvP.

etiolate

Banned
I can't get my rewards. I have linked my GW account, I can see my 30/50 rewards in the HoM site but when I talk with kimes I can't see any item...

I'm the only one with this problem?

This is the first I've heard of this. If you can get into Eye of the North and have the Stone, and the ghost has nothing for you in his for sale inventory, then I'd contact support.

I have a question. I'm about to buy GW2 but I want to be sure of something first. Is there a deadline on the Hall of Monuments? Someone said you need to start it in GW1 before the launch of GW2 to be able to work on it in the future, so I wanted to check if there is indeed some sort of deadline (I haven't started it in GW1 yet. In fact I only own an old acct of Prophecies but was going to pick up the trilogy on Steam or Amazon in addition to GW2 if I'm not too late to work on the HoM.)

Thanks.

You can do Hall of Monuments at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom