• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennington

Neo Member
I know it has been asked a million times already but I can't see an answer anywhere...

I'm on Gandara, and I want to join/donate to the GAF guild. Already registered on the guild forum, just need an officer name to contact!

Vodh

Is there any way to get a chance to register Gandara as my home realm now that it's full? And if not, is there any backup GAF guild server on EU?

etiolate

Banned
Gemshop is working now. Got my hat instantly. Hopefully the trading post works as well when they bring it back.

iblg1XIR6zasgh.jpg
Dat HoM

I have a question. I'm about to buy GW2 but I want to be sure of something first. Is there a deadline on the Hall of Monuments? Someone said you need to start it in GW1 before the launch of GW2 to be able to work on it in the future, so I wanted to check if there is indeed some sort of deadline (I haven't started it in GW1 yet. In fact I only own an old acct of Prophecies but was going to pick up the trilogy on Steam or Amazon in addition to GW2 if I'm not too late to work on the HoM.)

Thanks.

You can start your HoM stuff in Guild Wars 1 at any time, there is no time limit or restriction. You can start playing GW2 now, and later play GW1, filling up your HoM, and it will be reflected in GW2.

For some reason I had the impression that this game fixed the whole hassle of playing with your friends issue.

Once the Guesting feature is enabled sometime after launch, the server full / split community issues go away.

It's off right now, presumably because there are a billion other issues to fix first.

lettermassing

Neo Member
Can't play for some reason, pre-ordered at a local independent games shop and I'm not able to log in. Did you have to buy it via the website in order to play before the 28th?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
You can do Hall of Monuments at any time.

I was wondering because of the wiki and also this interview:

Jeff Strain said:
don't know exactly what the timing will be, but I will tell you that we aren't going to allow new players to Guild Wars 2 to go back and get those items in the Hall of Monuments. Our intent is to reward players who are playing Guild Wars right now. We have so many people who have stepped up to make Guild Wars successful and have invested so much time into their characters. The whole point of this [the Hall of Monuments] is to reward those gamers. We want to say, "Thanks for playing those one, two, or three years in our original game. We appreciate you guys getting into the game early, and we want to reward you for that."

So I can't imagine that we'll let somebody coming into Guild Wars six months after Guild Wars 2 ships and letting them have rights to all of the same opportunities our original players had. Our expectation is that a lot of people are going to be getting a lot of stuff in the original Guild Wars in the several months leading up to Guild Wars 2.

So this is why I'm curious if there's been a different/recent official statement and whether I should feel rushed. I don't even know how long it takes to get my HoM started once I have EotN. Thanks for the answer though, just wish I felt more sure.

You can start your HoM stuff in Guild Wars 1 at any time, there is no time limit or restriction. You can start playing GW2 now, and later play GW1, filling up your HoM, and it will be reflected in GW2.

Alright, thanks. Guess I will trust you guys.

Sethos

Banned
Okay this may sound stupid but how the hell do I earn some XP faster? I did all the events and most of the stuff you could do in Wayfarer Foothills. I follow "My Story" for a bit and was quickly outlevelled, now need level 10 for the next part and I just hit 7 ... So now I'm running around in the northern part of Wayfarer doing events above my level, finding points of interest and that's it ... it's painfully slow and I'm running out of places to get level appropriate XP. Is that really how you level? It's awful, I know I'm missing something ( Outside of visiting other starting zones ).

Well, Neil Armstrong died, so I don't think I'm going to be able to focus on this for a while.

Sorry for OT, but I'm feeling surprisingly affected by this.

On topic, is there a way to turn off only bloom and not all of the post-processing?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
2 Mates just bought me this as a week early birthday present. Unfortunately just late for the super head start but I have work to do over the next couple of days so it's not all bad.

So good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay this may sound stupid but how the hell do I earn some XP faster? I did all the events and most of the stuff you could do in Wayfarer Foothills. I follow "My Story" for a bit and was quickly outlevelled, now need level 10 for the next part and I just hit 7 ... So now I'm running around in the northern part of Wayfarer doing events above my level, finding points of interest and that's it ... it's painfully slow and I'm running out of places to get level appropriate XP. Is that really how you level? It's awful, I know I'm missing something ( Outside of visiting other starting zones ).
See this post please: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41129753&postcount=10840

Let me know if you have any questions on any of it!

nataku

So this is why I'm curious if there's been a different/recent official statement and whether I should feel rushed. I don't even know how long it takes to get my HoM started once I have EotN. Thanks for the answer though, just wish I felt more sure.

I'd imagine if you have a currently GW1 account you're fine. I'm assuming that them not allowing people would only apply if they go out and buy GW1 well after GW2 has been released.

PaulLFC

Okay for anyone like me who can't get on with early access, this was posted by someone on Facebook (not ArenaNet or anyone official, but sounds like something they've been told by support:

Heres a post about all you getting the error messages 9 or 21, The supplier you bought your code from was not a retailer that Arenanet are saying was on their list for 3 day headstart! Even though we ALL bought the game with the 3 day headstart, and ALL receieved our 3 day headstart codes through email (prob friday night like me), then to find out after 14 hours of trying to login that our codes are not for the 3 day headstart.

Great :/ Fantastic communication by ArenaNet, seems even the retailers don't know which codes they've been given.

Herbert Moon

Neo Member
So I'm seriously considering purchasing this (48$ on GMG is really convincing me), but I'm just a little concerned about one thing. I'll probably try some PVP here and there, but it's by no means a selling point of the game for me. I played a bit of PVP in Guild Wars 1, but even then, it gold old quick. Once I hit the level cap, what is there for me to do if I'm not interested in PVP?

And if I did get the game, I'm thinking of rolling a thief. Any impressions from thief players yet?

Oh, and one more thing. I'm running a Q6600 at stock speeds (2.4GHz), is that going to hurt my performance? Also using a GTX 460 1GB, and 4GB of RAM.

blackflag

Same problem here.

Alright, thanks. Guess I will trust you guys.

Here's the official word

Q: Will I be able to continue earning Hall of Monuments rewards in Guild Wars after Guild Wars 2 is released?

A: Yes.

Also, this is a great guide for getting 30/50, "fast".

http://buildwars.forumotion.com/t300-gw1-30-50-hall-of-monuments-guide

LProtag

Playing Elementalist in WvWvW is pretty fun, lots of fireballs and healing rain.

Kinda fun supporting everyone. I might try D/D but I don't know if that would be as effective.

Sethos

Banned
How does WvW queuing work, can I queue for them all or just one at the time? Wish they would have a 'Random' and just get in the first available.

moggio

Banned
Playing Elementalist in WvWvW is pretty fun, lots of fireballs and healing rain.

Kinda fun supporting everyone. I might try D/D but I don't know if that would be as effective.

Yeah, man. I just had my first good go on WvWvW and had hella fun as an Elementalist raining fire down on everyone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks, only thing that looks promising is WvW, can I enter that at level 7 and if so, how? Joined "Heart of the mists" earlier and looked through the server browser, not sure what kind of PvP that was

EDIT: Found it
Same problem here.
I'm kind of confused, I haven't done any crafting and barely any gathering and I'm at level 11 and haven't repeated a single event. If you're really having trouble finding stuff, what would be so wrong about going to the other starting zones, at least you'd have a free flow of XP there.
How does WvW queuing work, can I queue for them all or just one at the time? Wish they would have a 'Random' and just get in the first available.
Sorry, not sure what you mean.

There's only one WvW, if you're in a queue it's for WvW.

V_Arnold

I honestly did not think anything could sway me away from 1.0.4 Diablo III, even for a day.

I was wrong.

ArenaNet.../bow.

Keep this up for the later levels, and you have got a brand new fan. And judging by my performance in Blizz threads, that is NOT a small feat! :)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Partying in this game is so garbage. Pretty much impossible to get into the same 'server' as your friends, only shows party portrait when you're in the same zone, and it doesn't even say if they're online or not.

KiteGr

If you do events and slay mobs that have not been done in a while by other players, then you'll get bonus xp.

Also, acording to the devs, the hearts dont offer enough xp to get you to the next area, as they where mainly intended to guide you to dynamic events.

IMO, you should relax and enjoi your game and dont bother with power leveling. This is a game, not a job!

Vhalyar

Just like with every MMO, I can't decide on a class :(

Did Arena.net fix the Guardian's ranged weapons at all? I only played during the first BWE, where both ranged options were utter garbage in WvWvW.

KingKong

Are there required or recommended levels for personal quest missions or will it just let me keep doing them?

I got to a fight that was pretty tough, maybe because I was under leveled, but I'm not enjoying events right now since this many players means I end up on the 3rd or 4th level of the event and having 50 players blasting away at a boss makes it completely pointless (I came across a boss that was at like 35% hp and helped a little and got a Gold medal out of it)

also, I'm enjoying Thief a lot. Going invisible and getting behind an enemy for a backstab or stealing some skill from them is really cool

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Finally got it downloaded and updated. Looks like the gaf server is full? I can't figure out if it's full and not accepting new characters at all or it's just a peak period at the moment.

The reddit server is only high, Might have to jump on that one.

It seems annoying that you can't have different characters on different servers. At least I would have made a quick char one one to check it out then jump on the gaf server when it's not full.

Sethos

Banned
If you do events and slay mobs that have not been done in a while by other players, then you'll get bonus xp.

Also, acording to the devs, the hearts dont offer enough xp to get you to the next area, as they where mainly intended to guide you to dynamic events.

IMO, you should relax and enjoi your game and dont bother with power leveling. This is a game, not a job!

Power levelling? I'm doing everything possible in the game and the XP is slow as hell, I'm not power levelling, quite the opposite.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So, um, what's going on with grouping and overflow? I can't group up with another gaffer because we are in different overflows, apparently. Can't even pull them into my personal story instance. What can we do?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, um, what's going on with grouping and overflow? I can't group up with another gaffer because we are in different overflows, apparently. Can't even pull them into my personal story instance. What can we do?
Bugged for the moment- you know about the join in feature, right? It's not working at the moment but it solves the problem when it functions right.

For now, only form a party when you're in the same zone- leave the party, all go out into the overflow together, then party up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom