• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

As thief I sometimes find it hard to actually hit enemies with a lot of players around. By the time I get there the enemy is already dead.

K.Sabot

I'm finding the thief pretty boring.

Low amount of weapons, boring utility skills, and steal doesn't make up for the lack of weapons.

Only way I have fun is by shadowstepping everywhere.

arimanius

Got my asura engineer to 9. Semi getting the hang of the "questing" in this game. Still confused over a couple of other things that I need to look into.

Tried a couple of SPvP matches and it was pretty fun. I didn't change up any of my skills so it was basically turrets. By the second game I had a kill streak and I was the MVP or something at the end of the match.

First day impressions is the game is pretty fun with great promise. Have had a few bugs, but zero lag and surprising zero video lag(My PC is old). My friend isn't really feeling the game so I hope the game has staying power for me.

Unless I'm missing something, GUILD INVITES ARE BUGGED RIGHT NOW. Asking for invites isn't gonna get you anywhere for the moment :-[ I've tried to add 5 people in the last 10 minutes, none of them seem to have received them.

Should we even bother asking right now or hold off? I'd love to join, but yeah...if bugged. No need to flood you.

WvWvW is pretty bad when everyone is zerging.

There are usually big zergs running around but there are also small groups that are ninja'ing supply camps and sentry's. I was part of a 10 man team doing that and it was quite awesome. Got so much experience and karma and we were also able to outflank the enemy army a couple of times as they were fighting our main zerg and hit them from the back. Good stuff.

The problem with fighting in a zerg is that when 2 huge zergs collide my computer chugs like crazy from all the effects. Frames go down to mid-low 20s.

This game is going to ruin my life if I'm not careful. So addicting. I completed one of the jumping puzzles in WvW (on the Stormbluff Borderlands side) and it was awesome seeing the server own the other two pretty heftily.

Our server is laughably broken in the WvW match tonight. We dominated the entire day and almost took an entire enemy server's borderland.

So the points of interest are sometimes totally worth it. The Vigil Centerhouse point in Lion's Arch starts you on the path to a really cool optional jumping puzzle quest thing with a loot chest at the end. It's fucking awesome.

What poor timing. Im hype all month for launch, and once it rolls around, I'm too busy playing Dark Souls to even notice. With invites bugged I suppose that's a good a reason as any to wait a few more days.

So do you guys plan on creating one character from each race, or will you be doubling up on various races? (for example i have 3 humans, a norn, and an asura right now, but i may pop out the 2 extra humans for the other races) - at first i really just couldn't get behind the charr run animation

Ferny

As of now the guild system is still bugged. I don't even have access to the guild right now. It's frustrating but it will work itself out. Please hold off on asking for invites for a bit. We will update you when it's back to normal.

Zafir

Really hope they fix the "Join in" thing soon. Making it really difficult to play with friends, which is kind of a problem for an MMO.

Violet_0

Banned
some random Ranger observations:

the one-handed sword is fantastic - not only does it have the best attack animations in the game, it's actually a very useful weapon
our '1' skill in downed state stacks bleeding - very effective for killing enemies for "second wind" (or whatever it's called in GW2)
to the people that were complaining about pets dying too fast - are you switching around your pets all the time? Your pets will heal completely whenever you switch them out
our spirits turn into dolphins underwater! And we can summon a piranha swarm!
jtx0HRhEIoP4r.jpg

100% the Sylvari starting zone, by far my favorite so far

Instro

So why can't I use any of my reserved names? My accounts are linked but the game just tells the names are reserved and to make sure my accounts are linked.

blackflag

I'm kind of confused, I haven't done any crafting and barely any gathering and I'm at level 11 and haven't repeated a single event. If you're really having trouble finding stuff, what would be so wrong about going to the other starting zones, at least you'd have a free flow of XP there.

I didn't know anything about the game so it's really probably my fault. I didn't know there were even other starting zones. I just noticed leveling here is very different than other mmos and they don't really explain it. By now I've figured it out. I think I'm level 12. Game is insanely fun.

Violet_0

Banned
Anyone else regretting rolling a Thief?

I played pretty much only Thief in the BWE's and it's only now that I've become disappointed with their lack of weapons. They don't really have much to choose from.

Low amount of weapons, boring utility skills, and steal doesn't make up for the lack of weapons.

ahaha - I warned you! I warned everyone

Hoplatee

Finally got time to play. Now I will waste 300 hours thinking about what class/race I want to play, then another 500 getting the looks right and before you know I have other things to do!

Cartman86

Banned
So does this game have a progressive download system? Got disconnected from my router and had to restart the download application. It shows it at 2% right now. Is that just the percentage of the files that i'm currently downloading and it doesn't include those hours of downloading I did earlier?

JCizzle

Pretty much everyone in the guild I'm in is Asuran. The race just feels so much smoother to me than any of the other ones I've tried.

Playing a guardian as a main, pretty fun after ditching my Sylavri thief. As others have said above, Thief just gets stale quickly IMO.

Ferrio

Banned
So does this game have a progressive download system? Got disconnected from my router and had to restart the download application. It shows it at 2% right now. Is that just the percentage of the files that i'm currently downloading and it doesn't include those hours of downloading I did earlier?

Continues where it left off... the % is the amount of files you have to download, not the total amount in the patch.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm so confused.. I chose a Thief.. and so far hate him.

The inventory management is a pain in this game.. Hard to tell what I have equipped while looking through my inventory because you can't have both open. Also bags get full so fast and its so hard to figure out what i should sell or keep. Finding out your bag is full when looting then accidentally closing the loot box also seems to make loot vanish and you can't reloot?

I need to find a class I like :(

Items you're wearing/equipped with won't be shown in your inventory.

etiolate

Banned
Equipping and unequipping armor is more easily done through the Hero panel than through the inventory panel. The Hero Panel will pare down your items to only equippable armor, weapons, accessories and modifications. It even removes gear that is too high level for you.

I didn't like the Thief also, i got bored, Guardian and Warrior so fun, Warrior do so much damage it's crazy, and Guardian allows you to fight with no real danger to your life...

vaelic

Banned
some random Ranger observations:

the one-handed sword is fantastic - not only does it have the best attack animations in the game, it's actually a very useful weapon
our '1' skill in downed state stacks bleeding - very effective for killing enemies for "second wind" (or whatever it's called in GW2)
to the people that were complaining about pets dying too fast - are you switching around your pets all the time? Your pets will heal completely whenever you switch them out
our spirits turn into dolphins underwater! And we can summon a piranha swarm!

100% the Sylvari starting zone, by far my favorite so far
The ranger bow sounds stupid. Sounds like a machine gun

demented

Oh wow, my pc has bas been freezing for 4-5 times now and had to restart it on button. Something might bd overheating or going bad :(

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Oh wow, my pc has bas been freezing for 4-5 times now and had to restart it on button. Something might bd overheating or going bad :(
And I thought I was the only one.

This has not happened in any of the BWEs or in any other game on PC.

talk to my male human mesmer and male asura thief. if they could only reproduce.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I agree with you, I had a lot of fun in the beta but when I reached level 15 the novelty wore off, the utility skills don't interest me and Shadowstepping is fun but not to play 80 levels of it. Might just leave him for Pvp. I'll delete my Thief and roll an Engy or a .....eeeww Mesmer.

HALP! My AOE skills don't get the big ground target anymore... I don't have the disguise option checked in the option menu so I don't understand why it's not working anymore. I even tried checking it, then un-checking it. Tried logging out.... Any suggestions? Anyone else come across this glitch?

I am level 12 and just realized you have stat traits.. well I have one. Are the only quests in this game the hearts? and the random rift like events? I am running around trying to find stuff to do, as I have done all but 2 hearts that I am looking for.

PS. I am a hunter and its pretty boring, your pet aggros like 50 mobs and dies in 2 hits. Why do I never learn, magic characters are always the most fun! (It looks like)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Man all this negativity about the thief is making me want to re-roll if it really gets that boring.:( but my second choice is the mesmer.. (which is getting a pretty mixed reception).

Then again everyone said the same thing about the Rogue in WoW.:p (and I endured 85 levels of that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom