• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

Is there a sort icon, cause I don't see one anywhere.

for your inventory? There is a compact option in the tab where you sen all collectible to the bank. I dont really like the option though since it doesnt really seem to sort it in any order that i saw, just compact it all together

And Guild stuff has apparently been bugged, so its likely a bug youre facing

Westlo

Is anyone able to buy gems through paypal atm? I click confirm on paypal and the gw2 site loads but that's it, keeps processing and nothing happens.

Rad-

some random Ranger observations:

the one-handed sword is fantastic - not only does it have the best attack animations in the game, it's actually a very useful weapon
our '1' skill in downed state stacks bleeding - very effective for killing enemies for "second wind" (or whatever it's called in GW2)
to the people that were complaining about pets dying too fast - are you switching around your pets all the time? Your pets will heal completely whenever you switch them out
our spirits turn into dolphins underwater! And we can summon a piranha swarm!

Also, if you have your pets dying too fast GET A BEAR ASAP! These motherfuckers can tank almost anything, excluding harder bosses and big groups. I'm actually surprised how useful a bear is in PvE. I use the bear that can remove a condition from all nearby allies, found that to be the most helpful bear skill.

Dreavus

I wish there was a way to un-flag minis as "collectables". When I mass storage all my crafting stuff, my tabby cat goes with it :(

I also have no idea what the fuck guardians are doing to me in PvP. They stand there and not die, while dealing out quite a bit of damage too. There have only been a few so far but they've been giving me lots of trouble for some reason.

And in case this post sounded too negative: game is amazing, played basically the whole day, hook it into my veins, etc etc. The ridiculously good art direction is making me want to upgrade my computer.

Piecake

I wish there was a way to un-flag minis as "collectables". When I mass storage all my crafting stuff, my tabby cat goes with it :(

I also have no idea what the fuck guardians are doing to me in PvP. They stand there and not die, while dealing out quite a bit of damage too. There have only been a few so far but they've been giving me lots of trouble for some reason.

And in case this post sounded too negative: game is amazing, played basically the whole day, hook it into my veins, etc etc. The ridiculously good art direction is making me want to upgrade my computer.

aegis and retaliation for guardians - so youre probably killing yourself

Forkball

I, a human thief, and my friend, a sylvarian mesmer, spent hours roaming around the Charr lands. This game is an absolute blast, there's so much to see and explore. The questing is perfect, you just explore and you never know what you'll find.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I, a human thief, and my friend, a sylvarian mesmer, spent hours roaming around the Charr lands. This game is an absolute blast, there's so much to see and explore. The questing is perfect, you just explore and you never know what you'll find.
The Charr Homelands are really inviting for all races. It's great for GW1 fans as you'll know some of the lore too.

Wallach

Ended a day of GW2 with a near complete takeover of the Janthir borderlands. B)

Yeah, that was a good time. For us, anyway.

iP4KnAR2v6yeQ.jpg

Aeana

Finally time to sit down and actually start playing! I just have to decide whether I want to start with guardian or elementalist. (._. )
...and what race.

Emitan

Finally time to sit down and actually start playing! I just have to decide whether I want to start with guardian or elementalist. (._. )

Stop copying me!

I'm finding Ele pretty boring, honestly. I've only been using the staff though.

Guardian is great. Greatsword and Sword + Torch let me get all up in people's faces and wreak havoc and I can always switch to using a staff for support.

Aeana

Stop copying me!

I'm finding Ele pretty boring, honestly. I've only been using the staff though.

Guardian is great. Greatsword and Sword + Torch let me get all up in people's faces and wreak havoc and I can always switch to using a staff for support.

I generally don't like melee classes, which is the main thing making me apprehensive about guardian. Its actual skills look great though.

Emitan

I generally don't like melee classes, which is the main thing making me apprehensive about guardian. Its actual skills look great though.

I'm not a big fan of the scepter. I think Smite (its AoE damage skill) needs a larger area because I can rarely hit more than one person and it's so easy for them to just walk out of the circle meaning my root skill is basically dedicated to hitting them Smite.

foladar

same with Metrica Province. two skill points are bugged and it seems like the fire elemental event is also borked. the thing instantly killed 15+ people when it spawned.

Yeah, there's definitely one spot that is uh, alittle beefy. It was that way in beta, too, dunno why it never got adjusted. Thankfully I managed to 100% MP before anything bugged out on me.

Is there somewhere I can read/watch up on sPvp / WvWvW and how's the exp in WvWvW? i imagine 100%'ing areas would be more efficient? (im 28 currently if that matters)

Ferrio

Banned
same with Metrica Province. two skill points are bugged and it seems like the fire elemental event is also borked. the thing instantly killed 15+ people when it spawned.

I 100%'ed metrica in the beta... hrm. Got crap outta the metrica jumping puzzle chest too.

Violet_0

Banned
I like it a lot too, but one issue for me is that the 2nd and 3rd skill dont seem to connect regularly. Is there some sort of trick to it? 3rd skill especially is an issue

but yea, shortbow and sword/dagger is definitely the most fun combo and work really well together

longbow and sword/warhorn for me (I don't want to play yet another condition damage build, and I'm in love with the warhorn - it probably has one of the very best support skills in GW2). The second skill (when you leap forward) hits almost always, the third skill isn't as reliable, but still not too bad (I played d/d Thief in the BWEs, just try to hit something with Lotus Strike or Heartseeker)

Also, if you have your pets dying too fast GET A BEAR ASAP! These motherfuckers can tank almost anything, excluding harder bosses and big groups. I'm actually surprised how useful a bear is in PvE. I use the bear that can remove a condition from all nearby allies, found that to be the most helpful bear skill.

yeah, bears (the brown bear in particular) seem to be super useful in PvE, especially for my support ranger. I'm also seriously considering getting a moa to replace my Fern Mastiff. I don't know yet if I'm going to keep my jungle spider, having a ranged pet is pretty nice against hard-hitting boss mobs.

something I've been wondering about: a few abilities such as rapid fire, barrage or hunter's call have a high attack number. Can every single one trigger the spirit effects (or on-crit abilities?)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bought 1600 gems and unlocked all the bag slots. Now I need 200 gems for the bank upgrade, but Ill get those with the in game exchange.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally maxed Plains of Ashford, the first area I have 100%. Today I got an entire level each from: personal story, WvW, crafting, and hearts/events/skill challenges (a couple each in Metrica and Plains of Ashford).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Guardian = walking death that can heal people lol but yeah its pretty much melee mania

Ricker

New build timer while we where 20% into the stampeding Minotaurs event hehe...just made it with 45 seconds left...hope it comes back up fast.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Audίoboxer;41419902 said:
New patch, they really need patch notes!

Yeah, what's up with that? Every game has patch notes :/

Tukker

That's Weltall Zero, he's a dynamo!

I'm testing a shiny new one that I really enjoy as well. It's just ludicrous how good this game feels with a pad. I'm gonna spend some time tonight playing it on my 103'' 1080p projector screen
3AQmK.gif

heh playing it on a projector sweet! But yea its just so much more comfortable to play with a gamepad than on kbm for me. The only annoying thing is you can't really type. You prefer your new setup over the previous ones?

Rad-

I have to agree that playing with a controller feels really good. The main problem are the menus but I just switch to mouse for them.

Ryan_

Someone with a higher level elementalist, hows the class working for you? I'm not really convinced yet (lvl 11)

Also, any thoughts on mesmer, warrior or ranger?

Loving the game so far! Hopefully the guild will be up soon on gandara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom