• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

foladar

Apparently grouping is where it's at, Kripp and Kungen are both killing it. I'm just trying to 100% all the areas I'm passing, 15% world completion at level 23 so far..

Roche

So what's the general consensus on the classes? Which do you guys find to be top tier? I'm going to start playing this game once the three day exclusivity is up and I don't want to be penalized later on when I want to PvP for choosing a sub standard class.

I was looking to play a thief but I've heard some bad things so now I'm thinking either Guardian or possibly necro. Any advice?

Varna

That underground puzzle in Lion's Arch... my god, just brilliant. Even Zelda games these days rarely have puzzles as clever as that.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah for some reason the thief just did not click well with me and I usually play a thief in most games that allow for it.

Doesnt help too that we usually have to deal with massive mobs of enemies and not too many situations of 1 on 1 therefore most of the initial thief skills are fairly useless in a large fight.

inky

I thought the GAF emblem was ugly until I found the Panda in it. Then it became pretty cool.

I know about the NG

Rizific

=[ sorry to hear that. my experience has been quite the opposite. logged on at 9pm pst last night and played til 2am without any major issues.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
daaaaamn. The monthly achievement requires 25k EXP in a row without dying (if I read that correctly), I got downed but rallied and didn't technically die, but my exp stopped going up after that so I take it my streak is over and I have to restart. fuck thaaaat. -.-

Piecake

daaaaamn. The monthly achievement requires 25k EXP in a row without dying (if I read that correctly), I got downed but rallied and didn't technically die, but my exp stopped going up after that so I take it my streak is over and I have to restart. fuck thaaaat. -.-

yea, thats going to be impossible

Smiley90

yea, thats going to be impossible

I was at 7k in a row, I was doing so well :( now I have to restart HRNG. and only 5 days until the end of the month too, goddamnit. But if they count downed state as dying that makes it so much harder. -.-

foladar

And if I'm reading it, that's just tier 1? I made it to 17K before dying, but that was at the beginning of the game.

Smiley90

And if I'm reading it, that's just tier 1? I made it to 17K before dying, but that was at the beginning of the game.

yeah but you "only" have to make it to 25k to get the reward chest at the end of the month, similar to the daily achievement reward chest. the daily one was already pretty cool, I REALLY wanna see what hte monthly will be, but that exp not-even-downed one is hard wow. and I don't wanna just craft/play super coward all the time...

This axe looks boss.

VrNVl.jpg
DZGRq.jpg

mjIvS.jpg

question..
got my old gaming rig, i7 860 (lynnfield rock stable@2970ish), 4gb ram (corsair dominator yadda yadda), ati radeon 4890...
will i run this stable 40 fps with mid detail at least? or it's time to update my rig?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Game is starting to click with me now.. I really like how flexible it is in regards to the levelling progression - I just gained a level - exploring the city and crafting some shit. The exploration is also genuinely fantastic, and I haven't even got past the starting area yet!

Something about the combat still feels floaty and not as fluid compared to GW1.. but it's growing on me.

mik83kuu

Banned
So what's the status for the guild invites? I've been F5'ing the gafguild.com thread and I'm getting lonely without a guild :-(

inky

Can't 100% Kessex Hill because a skill point is bugged. =/
Lets hope later today I can do some WvW too (not likely).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did this happen? I'd like to see what it's all about but I missed it.
It did! It was a little less structured than I hoped (there was actual action near our citadel!) but I think I got the basics across and we had a good time, and kicked the jumping puzzle's ass.

I'll be leading these fairly often for those interested. It's just to make it all a little less overwhelming.

jbortz78

Really really loving the game so far, sat from 11PM - 4AM last night, compl. lost track of time..and then my 3y old son woke me up at 8am..:)

Hadnt have so fun with a game in a long time, and thats saying much.

Really digging my Necro so far, lvl 10 atm and playing with Scepter, dagger which is working like a charm atm.

Havent tried any PvP yet, just running around doing hearts, skill points and looking for DE:s.

Piecake

I was at 7k in a row, I was doing so well :( now I have to restart HRNG. and only 5 days until the end of the month too, goddamnit. But if they count downed state as dying that makes it so much harder. -.-

Im pretty sure i got up to 11k and i was in the down state a few times, but not dead up until then. Might have just been a bug for you, though i havent seen too many of those. Seen a lot with the trading post and mail... but those seem to be different systems or something

But still, no deaths for 25k? Thats just nuts. youre right, thats bascially just going through a few lowbie zones and crafting

some random Ranger observations:

the one-handed sword is fantastic - not only does it have the best attack animations in the game, it's actually a very useful weapon
our '1' skill in downed state stacks bleeding - very effective for killing enemies for "second wind" (or whatever it's called in GW2)

I like it a lot too, but one issue for me is that the 2nd and 3rd skill dont seem to connect regularly. Is there some sort of trick to it? 3rd skill especially is an issue

but yea, shortbow and sword/dagger is definitely the most fun combo and work really well together

Smiley90

Im pretty sure i got up to 11k and i was in the down state a few times, but not dead up until then. Might have just been a bug for you, though i havent seen too many of those. Seen a lot with the trading post and mail... but those seem to be different systems or something

But still, no deaths for 25k? Thats just nuts. youre right, thats bascially just going through a few lowbie zones and crafting

No I'm pretty sure downed was what did it for me. I played a bit, exp went up from 5.5k to 7k, then got downed, checked and it was 7k still, did more stuff, was still 7k. damn,

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Had a great time today, but there's no question I enjoy the game so much more when I'm playing in a group. It definitely helps that people I've played with know where all the really awesome events spawn.

I'll be on tomorrow morning until around 5:30 pm MNT. Okiah and Bob Marley, you better believe I'm going to force you guys to play with me!

Westlo

Camera was shitting me with how slow it was, can't believe default rotation is on the slowest setting.. put it halfway through the bar and it's so much better. Also Fixed camera off.

Store on the website seemed to hang on me, so stuck with 5 characters still.

Piecake

Had a great time today, but there's no question I enjoy the game so much more when I'm playing in a group. It definitely helps that people I've played with know where all the really awesome events spawn.

I'll be on tomorrow morning until around 5:30 pm MNT. Okiah and Bob Marley, you better believe I'm going to force you guys to play with me!

Yea, I really need to get a mic so i can do that. playing this game in a small group really doesnt work out that well unless you talk to each other

On another note, I do have a suggestion for a GAF Guild event. Beat the fucking elemental in Metrica Province. Holy hell, that dude absolutely owned me and I cant imagine beating him with random people. I didnt even get into the freakin door to fight him. his little minions were two shotting me

Smiley90

3 things I've learned tonight:

- getting the monthly achievement will be crazy hard if I get punished for even just being downed. not dying is hard enough.

- following dynamic events is AWESOME, I should've never left the other ones, from now on i'll always follow them through. Went on a Yeti hunt. was great.

- hot springs are refreshing.

Can't 100% Kessex Hill because a skill point is bugged. =/
Lets hope later today I can do some WvW too (not likely).

same with Metrica Province. two skill points are bugged and it seems like the fire elemental event is also borked. the thing instantly killed 15+ people when it spawned.

Piecake

same with Metrica Province. two skill points are bugged and it seems like the fire elemental event is also borked. the thing instantly killed 15+ people when it spawned.

Guess i wasnt the only one who thought it was ridiculously overtuned. those damn ember minions kept spewing on lava AoE. Yea, you can roll out of em, problem is is when there are about 6 lavas going off at once and covering the whole damn bridge. instant death

I actually got all the skill points in Metrica Province. Seems like the bugs found there way into the game later on into the night. I had an issue with one in the sylvari starting area on my alt in the way early morning

Ashodin

OMFG I'm Back!

Let's do this Diablo 3 style. If you've followed me along in that thread, you've seen me do this.

ashodinventeal26eozt1.png

Ashodin Venteal, Human Guardian
Level 26

I've been playing too long. I've already joined the Vigil, I've done an insane amount of events and personal story, and I haven't even touched PVP yet. I think I'll dally about tomorrow in some, but my big drive is to get to 30. I want to unlock Elites, and I want to experience more of the story, which is fantastic, by the way. It really picks up when the game starts asking you multiple choice questions. You get those "ohhh which one do I pick" feelings like in Mass Effect and it's definitely used for multiple replay effect here. So prepare yourself for that.

And, it's good to be back.

I have a FUCKTON of screenshots for you all, so here is a couple choice ones:

gw2836gkxb.jpg

At Launch. WTF
gw2846njq4.jpg

Rata Sum chillin' and invitin' in my stylish glasses
gw293i3ka0.jpg

Hawkian and I got to the edge of the world part 1
gw2941mkp4.jpg

Hawkian and I got to the edge of the world part 2
gw299k2kcs.jpg

Don't you wish your bandit was hot like me
gw302ubjnh.jpg

Happy Bear
gw285wwki7.jpg

Look at the goddamn design of this game. LOOK AT IT.

More later! Sleep now.

tylerf

Was minding my own business harvesting things for the daily achievement when everything shuts down and windows updates start T_T

Guess i wasnt the only one who thought it was ridiculously overtuned. those damn ember minions kept spewing on lava AoE. Yea, you can roll out of em, problem is is when there are about 6 lavas going off at once and covering the whole damn bridge. instant death

I actually got all the skill points in Metrica Province. Seems like the bugs found there way into the game later on into the night. I had an issue with one in the sylvari starting area on my alt in the way early morning

we finally finished it and i must have died 10-20 times. the only thing that really worked was rushing in and trying to get as many attacks off before the AoEs overwhelmed me.

Styles

There's no more space in my vault to deposit stuff in, unless I purchase more space...

Right after posting this I find out that there is a separate space for putting crafting materials in.

Piecake

There's no more space in my vault to to deposit stuff in, unless I purchase more space...

maybe that was arena nets dastardly plan all along. Say that the trading post is 'down', forcing everyone to either sell to vendors, salvage expensive items, or buy more bank space.

evil i tells ya, evil

sticman

Neo Member
Hey guys, I know this is somewhat of a lousy first post, sorry about this. But I'm kinda having a big problem here, I need to upgrade my guild so it can hold more than 50 people. But when I try to do this at the guild registar girl, she tells me I need invite permissions for the guild. While I am a founder of the guild and got all possible permissions. Am I missing something here or is it only bugged or something?

Darkone

Cant wait to get home and create my Norn Warrior.

Need some advice here, which totem is best to choose: Bear, Wolf ,Snow Leopard or the Raven?

etiolate

Banned
Man all this negativity about the thief is making me want to re-roll if it really gets that boring.:( but my second choice is the mesmer.. (which is getting a pretty mixed reception).

Then again everyone said the same thing about the Rogue in WoW.:p (and I endured 85 levels of that).

Well I roll Mesmer and my gf plays a Thief. We've been stomping around the game quite fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom