• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the first MMO i've played and I don't know if this is a glitch or if I'm just stupid, but why do I have to have either the left or right mouse button clicked in to move the camera? it's greatly altering my enjoyment of this awesome game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is so false. You have to queue for each, you can't just waltz from say, Blue borderlands into the EB without a queue.
I will take your world for it- I never came anywhere close to having to wait for a queue in WvW after the initial gate in...
this is the first MMO i've played and I don't know if this is a glitch or if I'm just stupid, but why do I have to have either the left or right mouse button clicked in to move the camera? it's greatly altering my enjoyment of this awesome game.
Hoo, you really need to try playing with a gamepad if you've got one. Instructions here.

I made some tweaks to the profile and I'm gonna make a post about them tomorrow. Really happy with it so far. My setup has Call Target, Display Names, About Face and all kinds of goodies.

Lyonaz

This game is like crack, loving it.

My human Engineer, Fred The Scientist.
jbMsyDWbL7Yyx.jpg

jsfCUNOk0U6Ul.jpg

jqutQV1xoGekL.jpg

And dancing in her town outfit.

First dye unlock for me was Abyss which I'm guessing will be the most sought after one. So needless to say my Asura thief's currently rocking a black trenchcoat. Game's been great so far, everything been smooth after the servers went back up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
First dye unlock for me was Abyss which I'm guessing will be the most sought after one. So needless to say my Asura thief's currently rocking a black trenchcoat. Game's been great so far, everything been smooth after the servers went back up.

Damnit I need that.

Also I overwrote my hood with the Heritage bandana (not that it isn't very cool) and now I really, really want it back. Feel so much less assassiny.

I'm so confused.. I chose a Thief.. and so far hate him.

The inventory management is a pain in this game.. Hard to tell what I have equipped while looking through my inventory because you can't have both open. Also bags get full so fast and its so hard to figure out what i should sell or keep. Finding out your bag is full when looting then accidentally closing the loot box also seems to make loot vanish and you can't reloot?

I need to find a class I like :(

nataku

Stormbluff Isle is currently labeled HIGH population, so if you still need on you might want to try it now. No idea how long it will stay just high.

Lyonaz

Maybe I'm not doing it right? I is for inventory and you have to go into your "Hero" menu to look at your own inventory but I'm not seeing the ability to have both open at once?

Press "H" for your hero screen and "I" for your inventory. then rearrange them a bit so they don't overlap.

I'm so confused.. I chose a Thief.. and so far hate him.

The inventory management is a pain in this game.. Hard to tell what I have equipped while looking through my inventory because you can't have both open. Also bags get full so fast and its so hard to figure out what i should sell or keep. Finding out your bag is full when looting then accidentally closing the loot box also seems to make loot vanish and you can't reloot?

I need to find a class I like :(
From the cog in the top right in the inventory you can automatically send all collectibles to your storage at any time. If you are salvaging all of your items then this pretty much everything in your bag other than "junk items". Those are easily handled by talking to any in-game merchant and selecting to sell junk items.

Not sure what you mean it is hard to tell what you have equipped? On your Hero panel you should easily be able to see your equipped items. If you hover the mouse over any items you can equip in your inventory it should automatically compare it with your current equipment.

I have to say for me personally that the game seems so far to have the best inventory management system in place yet.

Ms. Tea

Is there a known issue with getting friends into your personal story instances? When I tried it in BWE1, if you entered a story instance your party members would be invited to join automatically. I can't seem to get that to come up now. Did they change how it works?

Emitan

I will take your world for it- I never came anywhere close to having to wait for a queue in WvW after the initial gate in...

Each map only supports a certain number of players per server. You can't go to a full map full stop. Regardless of whether you are already in WvWvW or not.

How do I know where events are?
You ought to run into them by pretty much just wandering around but you can go to the map and see the icons for the different sort of things to do. Also, don't forget to talk to the scout if you find one when you enter a new area, they give you the skinny on what's what.

Me, I'm level 9 with my Charr engineer and I just figured out how to use my skill points so I can finally build some turrets. Huzzah!

KdoubleA

One word: Crack.

Had to force myself to stop playing. Just 100%'ed Caledon forest and completed the daily quests....The rewards are great. Playing a Thief Sylvari, and just got a mean dagger...Love it!!!

Reknoc

So I'm downloading the game right now but I can't seem to activate my account. Whenever I press the link in my email, it sends me to a blank page with the following text:

"Template "{"code":3010,"product":1008,"module":1,"line":462,"text":""}" not found"

It's fine, activation is busted so you can play regardless.

So how do I meet up with others? My brother and I are two different races, so we obviously started far apart. Is there any way to just warp to each other at some point so we can quest together? (I am a newb).

Emitan

So how do I meet up with others? My brother and I are two different races, so we obviously started far apart. Is there any way to just warp to each other at some point so we can quest together? (I am a newb).

Go to your capital city and find the Asura gate. This will take you to Lion's Arch. Every race's capital city is available to warp to from there.

GrizzNKev

Banned

Each race's main city has a big, purple, circular Asura gate that will take you to a hub in Lion's Arch. From there you can see the gates for all of the main cities. Find the gate for your bother's city and warp there, or meet in the middle at Lion's Arch and choose where to go from there.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Never knew the windows were movable :|

Any idea what would be the best ranged class? Not feeling the Thief.. Going to reroll.

I'm thinking Ranger or Engineer...

Proven

Something about Stormbluff... They unleashed themselves today in WvW. I feel like there's some other big guild or alliance on the server, but it really could just be that many fervent people wanting to play together, and overpowering the other servers, and giving us WvW queues.

Meanwhile, I finally managed to make a decent PvP build. A semi-support build with lots of burning. On a Warrior. Fun.

Finally getting top player:
F25739ACD1002681CFA8BB6603BDA79B824A6C37

3B05F368D8218F120B2C4749C822DD75E9DD9604

I have finally achieved epeen. Time for a late dinner.

Go to your capital city and find the Asura gate. This will take you to Lion's Arch. Every race's capital city is available to warp to from there.

Each race's main city has a big, purple, circular Asura gate that will take you to a hub in Lion's Arch. From there you can see the gates for all of the main cities. Find the gate for your bother's city and warp there, or meet in the middle at Lion's Arch and choose where to go from there.

Thanks.

I'm really impressed. The deeper I get into the game, the more things I find to love. It's amazing.

Crafting, where on earth do I learn it? I seem to have a lot of random crap in my inventory. Do I just trash it early on / sell it?

I just started, but here's a basic guide and some tips:

* Find a crafting master to teach you one of the disciplines. These can be found in any of the major cities or outlying cities like Claypool.

* There should be a crafting station near each crafting master for the discipline they teach. Interact with the station and click on the hammer icon (Production). From here, there is a small selection of materials you can craft and possibly any recipes you buy or unlock, and each item will tell you what materials are needed. Once you see the menu, you will see that it is pretty straight forward. You can access your bank and inventory for crafting materials from here but the station will only use materials that are currently in your inventory.

* There is also a "Discovery" menu option at the crafting station that is like free-form crafting. Crafting items using this method will net you the most experience points.

- Using the option, "Deposit All Collectibles" in your inventory will dump all your crafting items to your bank, under the "Collections" tab.

- If you have any trophy items that are not marked as "Salvage" items, vendor them for money. If the trophy item is marked as a Salvage item, you need to buy some salvage kits (can be bought from crafting master) and then you can use the kits to salvage the item for crafting materials.

Runs like shit in Wine wrapper. 20-25 fps... that's a no-go. I'll play if/when there's a native OSX client (or someone puts together a solid wrapper).

I sure wouldn't mind playing now though. :(

Intel i5 750 2.66ghz Quad Core
XFX 1GB 4870 GPU
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64 Bit

I get 30 fps mostly and frequent dips to 20 fps even with subsampling on. Something isn't right. My system should HANDLE this game!

kagete

I've never posted much on the GW2 threads before but I would love an invite to the GAF guild in stormbluff if possible. kagete#1479 just incase. I tried PMing a couple of times but I must have been lost in the spam :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Something about Stormbluff... They unleashed themselves today in WvW. I feel like there's some other big guild or alliance on the server, but it really could just be that many fervent people wanting to play together, and overpowering the other servers, and giving

The other servers simply cannot handle the power of gaf.

Kimaka

Thought I was going to miss out on playing by going to a family reunion today but it just looks like I missed out on a bunch of log in and connectivity issues. Dodged a bullet. Logged in with no issues so far.

Proven

I'm using a sword and shield and alternating between a 2 handed mace. I have zero ranged abilities, at least that I know of?

If you do that, then you need more gap closers. The only ones you have are the Sword and Shield one, but you might want to invest in the utility skill Bull's Charge.

After that, you need getaway skills. Stuff like Stomp, Fear Me!, etc. You'll need to concentrate on getting into battle quickly, and getting out quickly. It helps if you have people that understand how to support others in combat.

In the bottom trait line, one of the first Major skills you can get increases your speed while wielding melee weapons. You'll probably need that.

Instro

So I'm downloading the game right now but I can't seem to activate my account. Whenever I press the link in my email, it sends me to a blank page with the following text:

"Template "{"code":3010,"product":1008,"module":1,"line":462,"text":""}" not found"

From what I read elsewhere ANET support has said that this is because their systems for this kind of stuff are not up and running yet, once the site is fully operational it will work apparently. Won't stop you from playing or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom