• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
This is so false. You have to queue for each, you can't just waltz from say, Blue borderlands into the EB without a queue.

Yeah all the borderlands for me are currently full. I saw one Gaffer standing outside the Anvil Rock asura gate, probably afk waiting. =p

Ferga

Level 5 and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do because my story quest is too hard (infiltrate the bandit hideout).

Haha that was the story quest in the beta which made me realise you can't only play the story line to level up in PvE and that you had to explore the world and do hearts and the dynamic quests which follow

Grassy

So I've never played an MMO before but this game sounded pretty interesting so I'm downloading it now. I'm in Australia so should I join the GAF US server(Stormbluff Isle)?
Any other advice?

Anyone else regretting rolling a Thief?

I played pretty much only Thief in the BWE's and it's only now that I've become disappointed with their lack of weapons. They don't really have much to choose from.

etiolate

Banned
A couple more screens:

ibeKRv94XD2O1B.jpg

iWPl6S0eL5cpd.jpg

It's so rewarding staying after DE's, it can lead to a decent chain of them. It also gives the events actual weight and doesn't seem like they are just pointless happenings.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I still find it amazing how a moment after a DE starts, there are 50 people in the area, but once over they just scatter in every direction.

Any room in the guild yet for people who weren't on that spreadsheet?

Teknoman

Level 5 and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do because my story quest is too hard (infiltrate the bandit hideout).

Explore, team up with others or guild members and do events/explore some more.

I really like how the sense of co-op in this game permeates everything. Not in a party? No problem. Just run up to someone and help them take down an enemy or throw down a combo field.

Anno

What's the best option of getting decent weapons/armor? Should I be buying them from vendors or wait for quest rewards?

Buy the vendor weapon to learn the skills until you can upgrade via drops or the Black Lion.

Or craft them, if that's something that you enjoy.

Besides fighting and questing, what else is there to do? Are there skills that you can work on and such? I tried searching but I couldn't find too much about that stuff.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Attention!

Hawkian will be hosting a WvWvW tour for Guild Wars 2 (especially good for newbies) at 11:30 PM EST. Join us!
Thanks for spreading the word!

However, I should ask- does it even look like we'll be able to get in practically at all?

I didn't expect the queues to be full up...

Teknoman

Go to your capital city and find the Asura gate. This will take you to Lion's Arch. Every race's capital city is available to warp to from there.

This wont spoil anything story or level wise will it? Basically you should want to stick to areas that fit your level right?

Besides fighting and questing, what else is there to do? Are there skills that you can work on and such? I tried searching but I couldn't find too much about that stuff.

Well...jumping skills for discovering vistas (think those Assassin's Creed tower views if you've played that series). You dont really improve a stat in game, but it helps to level up and lets you learn how to be a little more agile.

EDIT: Also when are we going to venture out and around as a guild? Or should I just ask whenever?

K.Sabot

Crafting is probably the best way to level in the game. General exploration is also rewarded very well in this game.

Varna

Exploring is a huge part of the game too. As are jumping puzzles. Crafting is really addicting as well.

Bentendo

Oh My God. My computer crashed while I was downloading the game. I was at 20% but it went back to 0! Is this normal, why does it restart the download?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This wont spoil anything story or level wise will it? Basically you should want to stick to areas that fit your level right?
Lion's Arch is... you have to go there all the time. Don't delay, you won't be spoiling anything and it's AMAZING.

Tukker

Thanks again to the ppl who made the easy gamepad files :). A few hours in and it starts to become a bit easier to use already.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks again to the ppl who made the easy gamepad files :). A few hours in and it starts to become a bit easier to use already.
That's Weltall Zero, he's a dynamo!

I'm testing a shiny new one that I really enjoy as well. It's just ludicrous how good this game feels with a pad. I'm gonna spend some time tonight playing it on my 103'' 1080p projector screen
3AQmK.gif

Jijidasu

This game is exceeding all of my expectations, not only as an MMO but as an experience on its own. The story is tied in nicely, the world is gorgeous* and the music is just amazing.

I keep going out of my way to tell friends who haven't given it a shot yet to try. Too much goodness to hold to myself!

*monumental understatement.

Anno

For as much as I hated the charr zone in the various BWEs I'm really loving it now. All of the ruins and the dark atmosphere is great.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Once you're max level in the game, what is there to do? Dungeons, wvwvw, spvp?
From my understanding you have - crafting (legendary sets) exploration (as you are unlikely to get full % on the whole game world) dungeons, spvp + wvwvw.

If they follow the GW route there's a lot of potential to enhance the end-game with future expansions and things like elite missions, new dungeons, new PvP arenas, new zones (like sorrows furnace from GW1) in content updates.

Well...jumping skills for discovering vistas (think those Assassin's Creed tower views if you've played that series). You dont really improve a stat in game, but it helps to level up and lets you learn how to be a little more agile.

Crafting is probably the best way to level in the game. General exploration is also rewarded very well in this game.

Exploring is a huge part of the game too. As are jumping puzzles. Crafting is really addicting as well.

I would really like to purchase this and try it out but I haven't seen anything that I could do for a really long period of time, which is why I was wondering about skills since it feels rewarding to level things up to me. Will I get burnt out on exploring quickly, or is that something fun to do that would last quite a while? I could see myself doing a lot of fighting/quests but sometimes I like to just relax and work on something else, and I'm not exactly sure what that something else would be in this game. It looks really fun from what I've seen, but I want to make sure there's enough content so that I don't feel like I have nothing to do.

Everything you guys said sounds pretty good, though. I do enjoy crafting and exploring a lot.

So how is the overflow area supposed to work? In a party, we leave town and get separated in the overflow area. I clicked join in on my brother, and I go to a load screen, pop back out and I'm still in an overflow area without him.

Game is amazing. Played for 11 hours straight today and 100% queensdale. I wish I was able to get a invite in the GAF guild though. Sucks that the guild system broke.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Unless I'm missing something, GUILD INVITES ARE BUGGED RIGHT NOW. Asking for invites isn't gonna get you anywhere for the moment :-[ I've tried to add 5 people in the last 10 minutes, none of them seem to have received them.

I can't believe I don't get anything for exploring all the capital cities + Lions Arch. :(

I explored LA fully earlier. Simply fantastic. Unbelievably cool design to the entire city. So many nooks and crannies and so much life to it (for an MMO at least). It makes me sad that such a place doesn't actually exist.

Unless I'm missing something, GUILD INVITES ARE BUGGED RIGHT NOW. Asking for invites isn't gonna get you anywhere for the moment :-[ I've tried to add 5 people in the last 10 minutes, none of them seem to have received them.

Alright, can you guys put it up in the OP when they fix the system so everyone is aware?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Yeah kayos90 tried to invite me before. But I couldn't seem to accept the invite.:mad:

alright, I didn't know about the issues. I'll ask again in a few days.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
This game is going to ruin my life if I'm not careful. So addicting. I completed one of the jumping puzzles in WvW (on the Stormbluff Borderlands side) and it was awesome seeing the server own the other two pretty heftily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom