• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complistic

So on this note it pays to pretty much run to areas on foot and hit events as you come across them instead of just teleporting to all areas and trying to just hit areas that are level appropriate then?

I believe renown heart quests are your best source for xp. Events are great for karma, but they don't give as much XP. If you're looking to go up a couple levels so you can play something the fastest thing to do is either a bunch of crafting or just go do some hearts in some other low level area.

W1SSY

Last night I got side tracked and wondered into the sylvari area. Ended up getting a couple people to join me in the lava jumping puzzle and after that went and joined about 8 people doing the Morgan's Spiral puzzle. Kind of crazy that in an MMO I could spend hours just jumping around and completely enjoy it.

I also played some WvW and just love playing as my guardian. It is great to have the enemy on the retreat and use my running skills to catch up and drop my warding line in front of them so they get knocked down and swarmed by my guys.

Venfayth

Based on the numbers I've seen (as an outsider) it's likely they'll have to start a second guild. There are just so many cool GAFFERS who need a spot :)

Proven

We were winning by 20k+ points in WvWvW... And then the thing reset and gave all our points to another server.

WHAT THE FUCK

This happened before I went to slep a few hours ago. Basically, we were Red. We had 70% of the map across all four battlegrounds owned.

Then they suddenly made us Blue, and made the Blue team Red. Blue was the last place guy, with less than 10% of the territories. This meant we lost all but one keep, we lost the orbs of power, and we were going to rapidly lose our lead next.

I'm afraid to log on and look at the resulting damage.

LProtag

I've tried Elementalist for a bit, but I feel like I'm not being as effective as I should with cycling attunements and placing AoE. I've tried a little Warrior too, but I'm not sure what I want to main. I might try a Ranger or a Thief next.

I've tried Elementalist for a bit, but I feel like I'm not being as effective as I should with cycling attunements and placing AoE. I've tried a little Warrior too, but I'm not sure what I want to main. I might try a Ranger or a Thief next.

I want to like elementalist because the spells are so awesome, but it's just not clicking with me. the thing is, I love the Asura I designed and I love the thought of an elementalist. I just, I'm not sure.

Audίoboxer;41422862 said:
Is it worth buying black lion chest guys, or just hoping for one to drop?

Just to build on what Lead said above, the keys can both be rewards for your story quests, and drop randomly from enemies.

Nyx

Got to lvl 10 today on my engineer, still pretty fun, changing between dual pistols + turrets and the grenade kit.

BSdDp.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
When I create a new Character, it appears to be in the guild, but I can't talk or hear to the channel - why is that?

Stuart444

Has anyone tried to do the Human Noble/Circus personal story with someone else but many quests won't let you take someone else in?

Happening to me a lot even though the other person is doing the same story as me :/

How do towns and houses compare to something like Skyrim? Are there people in houses going around their business etc, or is it more like a pure MMO with focus on outside combat?

Has anyone tried to do the Human Noble/Circus personal story with someone else but many quests won't let you take someone else in?

Happening to me a lot even though the other person is doing the same story as me :/

Have you partied up? Personal story won't let them in otherwise.
The guild is already full? Well that sucks...
Probably still bugged. No way we would get 200+ people in from last night until now.

Ferny

so, is the guild completely full now or still not accepting?

kind of dull wondering around by myself ;.;
The guild is not full guys. Please stop saying it is. We had closed new signs for a brief time frame just to get caught up on invites from the initial list. Then this guild bug hit and messed up invites. Once it gets all sorted out we will open it back up again.

Yup, always partied up and even tried removing them and readding them to the party.
The other thing about personal story is that your friend has to accept the invitation to enter the instance. I'm not sure what it looks like as I haven't seen it myself, but I know Retro has when I dragged him into my personal story stuff.

Vodh

Is there any way to make pets stick to your equipment? Because the way it is now, having a pet pretty much disables the 'store all collectibles' functionality, and well - that sucks.

Also, how do I summon the mistfire wolf? Do I have to wait for the elite slot to unlock or what?

ShaneB

Is there any update on Mumble overlay working? Love the game and love talking, but it gets confusing quickly with so many people :p

Proven

I finally took a peek.

Colors got shuffled again. We got switched to Green, the second place guy. And from there, everything was conquered again, and we're on our way to being first place in points in a few hours. Life is good.

what do you mean? I was a ranger then i deleted him and decided to roll an engineer with the same name. it said i was no longer in the guild

Huh, guess you have to have at least one character to remain in a guild. Didn't know that.

Though... you have 5 character slots, why bother deleting? Unless it was for name purposes.

Torraz

I want to like elementalist because the spells are so awesome, but it's just not clicking with me. the thing is, I love the Asura I designed and I love the thought of an elementalist. I just, I'm not sure.

I have the exact same issue. Playing a warrior at the moment and preferring it to the elementalist.

Stuart444

The other thing about personal story is that your friend has to accept the invitation to enter the instance. I'm not sure what it looks like as I haven't seen it myself, but I know Retro has when I dragged him into my personal story stuff.

yeah, it's my gf on my laptop right in the same room.

Also on the person who is in charge, it shows a screen with the people who has or hasn't accepted the invitation. and gives a time limit for the other person to accept it.

So it's either bugged or been changed from the BWEs so that less of the stories allow other people to take part in them

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This happened before I went to slep a few hours ago. Basically, we were Red. We had 70% of the map across all four battlegrounds owned.

Then they suddenly made us Blue, and made the Blue team Red. Blue was the last place guy, with less than 10% of the territories. This meant we lost all but one keep, we lost the orbs of power, and we were going to rapidly lose our lead next.

I'm afraid to log on and look at the resulting damage.

We're simply better than the other servers so we're catching up again (I just left the battlefront and we were leading with a 420 upkeep), but it's frustrating as hell for that to happen. It's bullshit. Who's to say it won't happen in the last day of the battle?

Is the Gaf Guild on hold as far as adding new members for the time being? If it would be possible to get an invite that would be awesome! Captain Blood.7263 my characters name is Cpt Blood.

So it's either bugged or been changed from the BWEs so that less of the stories allow other people to take part in them
I doubt this is intentional. Almost certainly a bug.
Is the Gaf Guild on hold as far as adding new members for the time being? If it would be possible to get an invite that would be awesome! Captain Blood.7263 my characters name is Cpt Blood.
Still waiting on the guild invite bug to blow over. We'll let people in ASAP.

Thanks for the WvWvW tour last night Hawkian! I definitely have a much better understanding of how everything works now.

The jumping puzzle was really fun. I was the last one to arrive in the area so I wasn't quite sure what to do for both keys but figured it out eventually. I ended up with a Catapult, an Arrow Cart, and a bunch of gear that my class can't wear.

Piecake

Thanks for the WvWvW tour last night Hawkian! I definitely have a much better understanding of how everything works now.

The jumping puzzle was really fun. I was the last one to arrive in the area so I wasn't quite sure what to do for both keys but figured it out eventually. I ended up with a Catapult, an Arrow Cart, and a bunch of gear that my class can't wear.

Yea, WvW was kinda cool with a group. Though i gave up before the jumping puzzle. Problem for me though that I was lagging like crazy when we had those huge clashes so I think ill be waiting a while before i play WvW again, or at least wait to do big group stuff. doubt i would have been able to do the jumping puzzle anyways.

After i died the first time I actually headed northwest by myself and tried to do the DE there. I was actually able to do it since all you had to do was kill 20 skritt (took a while), but wasnt able to do the second DE after that since i had to fight a veteran plus 2 followers

Apparently I lead a lot of people to their deaths though since I heard in Mumble that a few people followed me (Quicks), but I apparently lost them and they headed sotuh, while I went north, haha. I really need a mic, man. Was also trying to tell you guys that I found a Rich Gold Vein, but i dont think anyone was looking at guild chat or something

God, I really hope the trading post works for me today. Need to clean out my bank...

Audioboxer

Just spent half an hour there to 100% divinitys reach, was interested to see if I got anything besides XP. 3 transmutation stones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom