• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethos

Banned
Fast switching makes everything so much more fun; move in while shooting and then pop out a massive 2 hander to wreck havoc, then switch to the rifle again and run.

tci

Fast switching makes everything so much more fun; move in while shooting and then pop out a massive 2 hander to wreck havoc, then switch to the rifle again and run.
Yea, and then you have traits that gives to buffs for weapon switching as well.

ParityBit

Someone with a higher level elementalist, hows the class working for you? I'm not really convinced yet (lvl 11)

Also, any thoughts on mesmer, warrior or ranger?

Loving the game so far! Hopefully the guild will be up soon on gandara.

I have a level 13 and I feel the same way. I Almost feel under powered when others come around

Rad-

Someone with a higher level elementalist, hows the class working for you? I'm not really convinced yet (lvl 11)

Also, any thoughts on mesmer, warrior or ranger?

Loving the game so far! Hopefully the guild will be up soon on gandara.

Ranger is great fun and quite strong too. My only deaths have come from me falling off a cliff. :p

Good class if you like soloing higher level enemies, they won't even reach you.

zon

I suppose I can ask you guys, which is the highest level character you've seen thus far? My brother said he's seen some who are lvl 30+, I've seen lvl 26 as the highest.

I suppose I can ask you guys, which is the highest level character you've seen thus far? My brother said he's seen some who are lvl 30+, I've seen lvl 26 as the highest.

I was roaming higher lvl area and sole other player i saw was 40.

Anyone know where or is it possible to spent Karma points on food/pots with exp boost?

SorchaR

Ranger is great fun and quite strong too. My only deaths have come from me falling off a cliff. :p

Good class if you like soloing higher level enemies, they won't even reach you.

What weapon are you using? I use a shortbow on my hunter, but it got boring pretty quickly. I then tried a warrior with a rifle and that was awesome. Bow looks good on the warrior too. But I kind of miss my pets.

My warrior thus far.
l9wQP.jpg

Aeana

Well now I'm sure I chose the right class/race combo. Female sylvari is voiced by Jennifer Hale, and the first elementalist trainer I came across is voiced by Gideon Emery. My heart melted.

lettermassing

Neo Member
I bought this on a whim because I saw it in an independent game shop yesterday, had no idea that it wasn't even released yet. At least I can look at the installer.

Sethos

Banned
This is hands down one of the best MMOs I've played since WoW and one of the only games in a very long time that has had me playing for hours and actually enjoying it. Man I hope it doesn't go dead within a few months, a lot of the areas, events and WvWvW seem to depend on a lot of players to be truly fun.

My friend can't seem to be able buy the digital version on their site.
Keep trying to send ticket to support, but no replies yet.
Also, the GW2 forums are down, so I can't check out if there's a problem.

Have they said anything if the store is down or something ?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
We were winning by 20k+ points in WvWvW... And then the thing reset and gave all our points to another server.

WHAT THE FUCK

Lyonaz

So just found out you can buy gems with gold, it's 10 silver for 26 gems at the moment.
You can buy Character slots for 800 gems.
Quick people how can I earn gold fast?!

Quick question: can I create a character on a different server or do all 5 have to be on the same server? I ask because when I click "world selection" in the character creation screen on the bottom of the server list window it says "Select world to transfer to" and the button to go to the next window is "Transfer".

Bentendo

Okay, this is getting frustrating. My computer never crashes but for the last two days it's crashed three times now when I've been trying to download this game. For some reason everythime it crashes the download COMPLETELY starts over. I let it run overnight and got to 90%, but then it crashed when I started using it. Now I know you're going to say just don't use it, but is there anyway I can retrieve the files that are flipping downloaded on my computer? Why does it restart and why does it say it's downloading 218,000 files again! Please help me out here because I'm going crazy.

PS: There's this GW2 screen that popped up on my computer saying "Repairing data archive", but the load bar freezes half way.

Aeana

The "represent" button on the guild page doesn't seem to do anything for me. I was able to do it on one of my characters, but I've switched to another and I can't seem to make it work here.

Does anyone have any tips for playing as a thief? I'm currently sticking to guns and the short bow because up close I have less health and seem to do less damage than classes like the warrior. Also weapon switching isn't all that useful given how their points system works.

I played as an Engineer and Mesmer in the beta weekends and had no difficulties with figuring how their skills and weapons sets synergised. Thief seems to be utterly lost on me right now beyond the fact that pistols are for single target ranged combat and bow's for multi target/conditions.

Okay, this is getting frustrating. My computer never crashes but for the last two days it's crashed three times now when I've been trying to download this game. For some reason everythime it crashes the download COMPLETELY starts over. I let it run overnight and got to 90%, but then it crashed when I started using it. Now I know you're going to say just don't use it, but is there anyway I can retrieve the files that are flipping downloaded on my computer? Why does it restart and why does it say it's downloading 218,000 files again! Please help me out here because I'm going crazy.

PS: There's this GW2 screen that popped up on my computer saying "Repairing data archive", but the load bar freezes half way.

When I stopped my downloader, after restarting it had 0% but it was obvious that the percentage was just the remaining stuff to be downloaded, so partial downloads work just fine.

Bentendo

When I stopped my downloader, after restarting it had 0% but it was obvious that the percentage was just the remaining stuff to be downloaded, so partial downloads work just fine.

Yeah it literally restarted the whole thing for me. It's downloading all 218,000 files again.

Quick question: can I create a character on a different server or do all 5 have to be on the same server? I ask because when I click "world selection" in the character creation screen on the bottom of the server list window it says "Select world to transfer to" and the button to go to the next window is "Transfer".

All 5 on the same server. When you pick a home realm, that's what you represent in WvW, and it's where all your characters live.

Audioboxer

Changed my main to a ranger, enjoying it instantly more than my warrior. Feels good to have an adventuring companion, even if it's AI controlled haha. Mr Chuckles.

Greatsword ranger is pretty awesome as well.

gw003.jpg

I just hope the add more pet skins, one thing I liked about WoW was the range of pet looks, however vain that is!

Logged on last night, and instead of questing, another Gaffer and I ended up spending like 30-45 minutes teaching groups of people have to sync up their dance and creating giant dance lines in front of the divinitys reach bank.

Venfayth

I'm kinda stuck around level 12 for EXP. I've done all the tasks, am like 85% done with Queensdale, and my next personal story quest is level 14. :/

Anyone have any suggestions?

Torraz

Reached 16 on the elementalist but still not completely sure that this is "it".

I feel pretty squishy but so far it doesn't seem like this is completely counteracted by having a significantly higher damage output = being a glass cannon. The "glass" part is there, but I am not too sure abou the "cannon" part. When I see other players at work it seems other classes have a higher survivability plus more, or at least comparable, damage output.

Complistic

I'm kinda stuck around level 12 for EXP. I've done all the tasks, am like 85% done with Queensdale, and my next personal story quest is level 14. :/

yeah zone to another starting area. Even if you're doing level 2 or 3 stuff you're still being rewarded appropriately for your level.

Torraz

Crafting is pretty decent xp.

Have you tried WvWvW?

I must admit I had the same problem and grinded until around 15ish...

Effect

yeah zone to another starting area. Even if you're doing level 2 or 3 stuff you're still being rewarded appropriately for your level.

So on this note it pays to pretty much run to areas on foot and hit events as you come across them instead of just teleporting to all areas and trying to just hit areas that are level appropriate then?

KingKong

So what are the best crafting things to level?

I picked leatherworking and armorsmithing but it looks like I need a lot of materials for it? Im mostly interested in getting xp so whatever uses the easiest/cheapest materials would be best

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Crafting is pretty decent xp.

Have you tried WvWvW?

I must admit I had the same problem and grinded until around 15ish...

It is, I've leveled quite a bit off of cooking. I'm having issues with jewelcrafting though, I'm having horrible luck with mining/logging gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom