• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

I'm digging the Ranger! Read a lot of people are so-so with it, but I enjoy the balance of Range and Melee options.

Still not changed from my brown bear, not really sure where most other pets are. Going to find them myself though on my travels!

Llyranor

Any more mesmer impressions? :D
I'm playing sPvP. Enemy spotted, I start attacking him with a basic ranged attack, which spawns a clone next to the enemy. As he prepares to lunge a powerful attack at me, I activate a block skill, which summons another clone. I switch to the greatsword, and go in melee range, while also summoning a melee phantasm to engage him at the same time. My health goes down a bit, I use the sword's knock back ability and send the opponent flying backwards, switch to ranged, summon a ranged phantasm. Enemy gets backup, odds are not looking in my favor. I dodge sideways, avoiding a spell, which spawns a clone at my dodging location. I then activate a stealth skill, which creates another clone at my location. After I heal up, I re-engage. I summon a clone that take 50% damage for me, and engage in melee. I turn one of opponents into a Moa Bird and hack away at him (while the 2nd enemy is engaging some of my clones - they are all named 'Which One Am I', taunting the enemy hahaha). As the bird tries to escape, I teleport next to him, use knockback to send him into a deadend, and finish him off.

If you like to wreck chaos in the battlefield and confuse the enemy, mesmer is a great class.Yes, it is obvious sometimes who the player is and who the clone is. The point is to overwhelm the enemy with clones, and just a few seconds of confusion will make them lose track of where you really are. It's such a fun class.

bogg

If anyone from Europe wants to play together I'm currently level 9, leveling my ranger just exploring trying to do all the hearts, whisper me in game my ranger name is Pumeeki.
I would love to get a guild invite if it's working , name is oddo.4286.
Crafting is neat, liking it so far and soon I'll be able to use the stuff I made.

(words)

If you like to wreck chaos in the battlefield and confuse the enemy, mesmer is a great class.Yes, it is obvious sometimes who the player is and who the clone is. The point is to overwhelm the enemy with clones, and just a few seconds of confusion will make them lose track of where you really are. It's such a fun class.
Pro mesmer right here.

How do I get tailoring materials other than salvaging?
Mostly, you don't. You'll get stuff in bags and such, but salvage is the primary source of tailoring and leatherworking material. I'll be honest, I salvage almost all the non-junk items I get. It keeps my bags clear so I can take longer on outings and provides me with lots of useful mats for crafting. I go through salvage kits like candy this way, but since I buy them with karma, it costs me practically nothing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm playing sPvP. Enemy spotted, I start attacking him with a basic ranged attack, which spawns a clone next to the enemy. As he prepares to lunge a powerful attack at me, I activate a block skill, which summons another clone. I switch to the greatsword, and go in melee range, while also summoning a melee phantasm to engage him at the same time. My health goes down a bit, I use the sword's knock back ability and send the opponent flying backwards, switch to ranged, summon a ranged phantasm. Enemy gets backup, odds are not looking in my favor. I dodge sideways, avoiding a spell, which spawns a clone at my dodging location. I then activate a stealth skill, which creates another clone at my location. After I heal up, I re-engage. I summon a clone that take 50% damage for me, and engage in melee. I turn one of opponents into a Moa Bird and hack away at him (while the 2nd enemy is engaging some of my clones - they are all named 'Which One Am I', taunting the enemy hahaha). As the bird tries to escape, I teleport next to him, use knockback to send him into a deadend, and finish him off.

Yeah totally love the sounds of this thank you :)

Sethos

Banned
Sethos, you are running a hex-core Intel CPU, right? Would you be able to check out your CPU usage while playing? Would be interesting to see how many cores it can use effectively!

Correct, here's my usage running around questing ( Overall usage a bit higher, it drops 10% when you tab out )

I can get you some WvWvW numbers, once I get past the 3 month queue.

iLA93IfahDbOw.png

Pretty much agree with this. Stirring up confusion is one of the main reasons I love being a Mesmer, especially in sPvP and WvW. Swapping between my greatsword and staff is central to my main strategies at the moment.

Pretty much agree with this. Stirring up confusion is one of the main reasons I love being a Mesmer, especially in sPvP and WvW. Swapping between my greatsword and staff is central to my main strategies at the moment.

Is it a good idea to salvage rare amrmor/weapon? Or should I just sell them to the AH?

Ashodin

Whoaa I just woke up. Good nap. Time to put my nose to the grindstone again! SO. MUCH. FUN.

As far as I can tell most of it comes from salvaging, but there are a few that are enemy drops (like vials of weak blood)

Correct. Also salvaging every piece of gear you come across gets you a lot of Jute. Alternatively, I think you can buy from vendors low level gear and break it into Jute as well. So it becomes sort of a money sink.

Is it a good idea to salvage rare amrmor/weapon? Or should I just sell them to the AH?

Selling to the BLT is kind of wonky right now, you CAN hold on to them if you'd like; but I'd wait to sell only DYES at the moment. You'll get a good return on your investment (the time trying to make the BLT work).

V_Arnold

To fellow guardians: which weapon(s) do you like the most?

Mace + Shield for me, the mace abilities are just too good to pass up on, and for the second set of weapons, I use either scepter+torch or just 2h mace/2h staff, based on what weapon is currently better

I usually just equip, merch, or salvage the upgrades off them. Selling rare items on the AH might work all right, though I'll probably never bother. It's usually hard to find a proper price to list them at.

Deepo

Correct, here's my usage running around questing ( Overall usage a bit higher, it drops 10% when you tab out )

I can get you some WvWvW numbers, once I get past the 3 month queue.

iLA93IfahDbOw.png

Well, would you look at that. Thanks for sharing!

I think I'll try running stock speeds for a bit, if only to see if there's any difference. Not going to let this stop me from enjoying the game though, I love it!

Piecake

That's what I do to most of my gear. I'd imagine its only worth putting Greens and higher (maybe blues?) on the AH/Trade Post.

I avoid salvaging power gear and also heavy or weaponsmith weapons. I get plenty of ore and wood just roaming around

everything not green that is leather or cloth gets salvaged though since i desperately need it

As for the extra component, I was getting practically no viles of blood before i started seeking on bats and skales

Weak Blood - Bats and scales
Scales - Baracuda, drakes, and crabs

Those seem to be the two rarest right there, so if anyone is in desperate need of them, id start killing those mobs.

I found skrittbough very good for blood farming

Ashodin

I avoid salvaging power gear and also heavy or weaponsmith weapons. I get plenty of ore and wood just roaming around

everything not green that is leather or cloth gets salvaged though since i desperately need it

I salvage EVERYTHING, then make new gear, then SALVAGE it again. It's a deadly cycle.

LjGi4.png

Get your GAF Armor when it's up; it looks great and tastes great too!

Only 1 Gold at the Guild Armorer. Right now it may be buggy, and typically they are found near banks in capital cities.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
To fellow guardians: which weapon(s) do you like the most?
Scepter/shield and sword/torch for melee offense

Scepter has good ranged attacks and DOT, and shield lets you buff defense when they get in close.

Played the Charr starting area for the first time for the headstart. It was kind of slow and boring at first but as soon as you hit the ruins of the northern wall, shit gets real. Been having a lot of fun playing Ghostbuster.

Ashodin

I just realized tomorrow I get to go get the CE at midnight. I'm making an unboxing video when I get it just for you all!

Who decided on the tribal logo for GAF?

It's.. not great.

We decided on it because the logo actually hides the letters "NG" on the right side. Cover up half the logo to see it.

Alternatively:

emblem2r6kn5.png

I put a green dagger on the AH for 6 Silver and sold it immediately....maybe I underpriced it :p

Isn't the AH down?
Also, yeah - if you have lots of money right now you could make quite a bit by buying gems while they are super cheap. They take quite a hefty fee but in a few weeks it'll certainly be a lot more than 29s for 100gems.

Anyone know of a good crafting guide? I have a lot of copper ore, but can't even figure out how to refine into ingots. I see Bronze ingots, but that is it.
Wiki should be able to help, there is also some good youtube videos out there.
Btw, to craft copper/bronze ingots, you need lumps of tin (you can pruchase them from a master weaponsmith/armorsmith/etc that you will find next to the relevant crafting station). Once you have the tin and copper ore in your inventory and you've entered the crafting UI, you can make the ingots.
So if I party up with a friend, how do I go to their overflow server or invite them to my server or what?
That stuff is broken right now. If you both enter an overflow world, you should be able to get together. If you are on another server entirely, you can just hop to theirs or something.
So I'm looking at the second tier skills for my Engineer. Which is the more useful turret, the net turret or the thumper? Or should I stick with my rifle turret? Also, are the rocket boots worth it if I usually have my rifle with it's Overload Shot for getting out of trouble?
Net turret is pretty good, I'd go with that. You should have a second utility slot open by now so you can have both turrets running. Rocket boots are handy not only because they get you out of trouble, but they also break stun (big deal in PvP).
Hey guys, do you know if the game is regio locked if you buy the physical copy? Friend of mine (Glass Rebel) wants to buy it but he's wondering if he'll be able to play on NA servers (pick them/move to them in the week of free server transfer, we know that you can guest... once the function works properly.)?
Doesn't matter how you buy it, you can enter any server you like. (as long as it isn't full)

PBalfredo

So I'm looking at the second tier skills for my Engineer. Which is the more useful turret, the net turret or the thumper? Or should I stick with my rifle turret? Also, are the rocket boots worth it if I usually have my rifle with it's Overload Shot for getting out of trouble?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey guys, do you know if the game is regio locked if you buy the physical copy? Friend of mine (Glass Rebel) wants to buy it but he's wondering if he'll be able to play on NA servers (pick them/move to them in the week of free server transfer, we know that you can guest... once the function works properly.)?

ParityBit

Reached 16 on the elementalist but still not completely sure that this is "it".

I feel pretty squishy but so far it doesn't seem like this is completely counteracted by having a significantly higher damage output = being a glass cannon. The "glass" part is there, but I am not too sure abou the "cannon" part. When I see other players at work it seems other classes have a higher survivability plus more, or at least comparable, damage output.

I have this same feeling. I am not sure what class/race to try next. I noticed everyone around me seemed to be handling the situations much better.

01DragonFly

Just did the Pirate treasure adventure in Lions Arch, it was really unexpected and quite a treat, I really enjoyed it. The treasure was very pathetic but worth it.

there is another one, but there is no adventure/quest of anything is just jumping from side to side in a thigh space.(I think i got some sort of progress for achievement tough)

I have this same feeling. I am not sure what class/race to try next. I noticed everyone around me seemed to be handling the situations much better.

Have you tried using an off-hand dagger? I find it's a great defensive tool as well as adding to mobility. Usually, I roll with scepter/dagger.
Suscribing to this thread now so that when I can finally play I can just come here and add people/join the guild. Sadly this game requires me to build a new computer to play. I hope it's still active in like a year or so.
Just so you know, the game will probably be haunting your dreams until you play it. After that, you'll never sleep.

Ezalc

Suscribing to this thread now so that when I can finally play I can just come here and add people/join the guild. Sadly this game requires me to build a new computer to play. I hope it's still active in like a year or so.

blackflag

Goddamn this game is fun. Was in the swamp and some epic raid like boss showed up and everyone killed it after awhile. Dropped a big chest with a bunch of loot for each person.

Are those kind of events on spawn timers or random? It didn't seem like a regular dynamic event. I also wonder how many of those there are.

Also it runs great. On medium, my laptop runs it at over 60 and on high I get between 30-40. I haven't turned on that effect that makes it look ultra smooth but I'm sure that'll make it run like shit.

Bought a wired 360 controller yesterday. Is that what I need to get it to run on my computer or is there a cheaper way? I really don't need another 360 controller.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Goddamn this game is fun. Was in the swamp and some epic raid like boss showed up and everyone killed it after awhile. Dropped a big chest with a bunch of loot for each person.

Are those kind of events on spawn timers or random? It didn't seem like a regular dynamic event. I also wonder how many of those there are.

I believe some of those are on a timer, some of those are triggered by other dynamic event chains and some can be summoned by a group of people banding together from what I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom