• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, im so confused right now.

Im enjoying my Ranger quite a bit, the long bow skills are pretty sweet and seem to do good damage, but pets, I dunno...Ive never been a fan of pets! Ive started a Warrior on the side, and I reeeeeaallly like the adrenaline dump skill, the damage is wicked, but they dont seem to have a good ranged AOE like the Ranger barrage.

What should I do GAF!? I wanna range some fools in the face! MAD DEEPS!

Audioboxer

Opened a black lion chest from a key I got in my story quest, got a key back from inside the chest lol.

Also got a magic find booster and 3 potions that transform me into a giant leopard for 15 mins.

Audioboxer

Im enjoying my Ranger quite a bit, the long bow skills are pretty sweet and seem to do good damage, but pets, I dunno...Ive never been a fan of pets! Ive started a Warrior on the side, and I reeeeeaallly like the adrenaline dump skill, the damage is wicked, but they dont seem to have a good ranged AOE like the Ranger barrage.

I was playing Warrior and changed to ranger. Pets seem okay so far, the brown bear does some tanking for me.

Piecake

Hey guys, do you know if the game is regio locked if you buy the physical copy? Friend of mine (Glass Rebel) wants to buy it but he's wondering if he'll be able to play on NA servers (pick them/move to them in the week of free server transfer, we know that you can guest... once the function works properly.)?

He can join NA servers. He can also phsyically play in NA with GW2 if he ever comes t NA. All you need to do is install and start it up in the region you bought it, then you can play it anywhere in the world

Audίoboxer;41428817 said:
I was playing Warrior and changed to ranger. Pets seem okay so far, the brown bear does some tanking for me.

Yeah, ive got a bear, and the Fern Mastiff and all the ones you can get from the Norn starter area, and I just dont really like it. And looking at the utility skills and traits I dont plan on using any of the pet stuff other than maybe the pet rez ability.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guild Invites are bugged right now. We cannot invite anyone and some people are being randomly kicked. ANet has already addressed the problem and is working on fixing it. Please be patient until this problem is resolved and refrain from spreading false facts and such.

alstein

Thinking about this game: if you have zero MMO experience, and a trackball mouse, is this game friendly to folks with those?

Not sure if I want to get this yet, but I may want to take a break from fighting games, and this looks like a good option.

That stuff is broken right now. If you both enter an overflow world, you should be able to get together. If you are on another server entirely, you can just hop to theirs or something.

Well, yeah, I know it's broken, but how would I even do it if it wasn't? I can't find the option for it. Or is it supposed to ask me automatically when I party up?

Also, did we fuck up? This server seems PACKED, I'm never not in the overflow.

Well, yeah, I know it's broken, but how would I even do it if it wasn't? I can't find the option for it. Or is it supposed to ask me automatically when I party up?
I think there's an option in the party UI in the top left of your screen. Right click on the icon representing your friend's character and see what menu you get. Not totally sure on how to guest people over as I haven't even tried it yet.
Also, did we fuck up? This server seems PACKED, I'm never not in the overflow.
A lot of servers are pretty busy, stormbluff is one of em. You could always hit another server. Medium populations are usually the best.

Thinking about this game: if you have zero MMO experience, and a trackball mouse, is this game friendly to folks with those?
Should work ok, most of the action is on your keyboard. If you've played any kind of RPG before (and liked it) GW2 should be pretty good for you.

01DragonFly

you can take out the pet if you want to ( blue button with a white arrow pointing down in the pet skills section), also clicking the crossing sword puts the pet in guarding mode.

Things you can do to make pets less bothersome:

-before the pet dies change it , this reduce the time for changing pets , and if it does just change it since it is a paint trying to revive allies and not your pet.
-call back the pet before it dies.
-use melee weapons so they concentrate in you

Ashodin

Just to reiterate to people, we are aware of the guild invite bug issue. We're waiting on ArenaNet to fix a lot of issues with guilds atm, before we can get ANYONE into the guild currently.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Are the keys for GW2 region locked? A friend (who should be posting itt) bugged me about it and I found the beast deal to be on GetGames in $ but I live in Switzerland. It should work, right?

You're welcome brah. See ya soon.

I think there's an option in the party UI in the top left of your screen. Right click on the icon representing your friend's character and see what menu you get. Not totally sure on how to guest people over as I haven't even tried it yet.
A lot of servers are pretty busy, stormbluff is one of em. You could always hit another server. Medium populations are usually the best.

What? I can go to another server? How? It told me I needed to pay for a server transfer once I picked one, and sides, I wanna be where Gaf is at.

XeroSauce

Audίoboxer;41428760 said:
Opened a black lion chest from a key I got in my story quest, got a key back from inside the chest lol.

Also got a magic find booster and 3 potions that transform me into a giant leopard for 15 mins.

Are the animal transformation things any useful?

you can take out the pet if you want to ( blue button with a white arrow pointing down in the pet skills section), also clicking the crossing sword puts the pet in guarding mode.

Things you can do to make pets less bothersome:

-before the pet dies change it , this reduce the time for changing pets , and if it does just change it since it is a paint trying to revive allies and not your pet.
-call back the pet before it dies.
-use melee weapons so they concentrate in you

Didnt know you could hide it away, thats cool.

Basically I just wonder if playing a Warrior like its a pet-less ranger is a good idea? haha similar damage? I like melee stuff, but the way WvW works out most of the time I wanna be shootin people with a bow/gun!

th3dude

Anyone got any good links to wikis and articles on game basics? I played WoW quite a bit, but I feel a little lost in this game so far. The official wiki seems to be down.

What? I can go to another server? How? It told me I needed to pay for a server transfer once I picked one, and sides, I wanna be where Gaf is at.
Server transfers will cost gems once WvWvW and guesting is sorted out, but for now it's free. I understand not wanting to leave, though. I know I'll be sticking around on the GAF server.
Are the animal transformation things any useful?
They're just for messing around. No actual gameplay use.
Basically I just wonder if playing a Warrior like its a pet-less ranger is a good idea? haha similar damage? I like melee stuff, but the way WvW works out most of the time I wanna be shootin people with a bow/gun!
Ranged warrior is a solid option. Rifle is great for single-target damage and conditions. Longbow is a good AoE option. Warriors are less agile than rangers but are tougher and have some good CC utilities.
Do you need to do something special to craft (Master) level items ?
Just have to get your crafting level up enough to make better insignias. And have the materials, of course. Crafting level 50 is when you can start making greens.

Ferny

Guild Invites are bugged right now. We cannot invite anyone and some people are being randomly kicked. ANet has already addressed the problem and is working on fixing it. Please be patient until this problem is resolved and refrain from spreading false facts and such.

Just to reiterate to people, we are aware of the guild invite bug issue. We're waiting on ArenaNet to fix a lot of issues with guilds atm, before we can get ANYONE into the guild currently.

Yes this guys. Just wait a bit and it'll all get sorted out.

Won

Reading some of the thief impressions I really have to try out some other classes. Thief feels really fun so far. Can only get better from here.

Felt awkward when I saw Helmholtz [GAF] at Lion's Arch. I wanted to say something---then I realized I'd just be running up to a stranger, saying "Hey, we go to same forum!" then 2 minutes of awkward conversation before one of us teleports out. I left and said nothing...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Felt awkward when I saw Helmholtz [GAF] at Lion's Arch. I wanted to say something---then I realized I'd just be running up to a stranger, saying "Hey, we go to same forum!" then 2 minutes of awkward conversation before one of us teleports out. I left and said nothing...

Should've done it man.

Aeana

I look through the guild list and I barely recognize anyone. Makes me feel self-conscious about speaking up in guild chat. (._. )

GW2 is best played in a party, just invite them and start talking/adventuring. See what happens.
I look through the guild list and I barely recognize anyone. Makes me feel self-conscious about speaking up in guild chat. (._. )
You won't recognize anybody (and they won't recognize you) if you don't. Get known and have some fun. You don't really have a lot to lose here.
Should've done it man.
^This guy knows what's up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got a question, and I think I know the answer, but it never hurts to ask. Is armor based off race + class or is it just based off class? Like, I know every race has different armor on the preview for class choice, but is that just the game saying 'hey this armor looks cool on this guy'. Like the Charr's elementalist looks more like a Shaman, but the human elemantalist looks like a mage

I got a question, and I think I know the answer, but it never hurts to ask. Is armor based off race + class or is it just based off class? Like, I know every race has different armor on the preview for class choice, but is that just the game saying 'hey this armor looks cool on this guy'. Like the Charr's elementalist looks more like a Shaman, but the human elemantalist looks like a mage
Armor types are based on you class only. Warriors+Guardians get heavy armor. Engineers, rangers, and thieves get medium armor. Elementalists, necros, and mesmers get light armor. Each armor looks different on each race (to a certain extent).

Sai-kun

Banned
Hey prince, saw your post in Gaygaf.
<- This guy plays Gw2 and want to say that Male characters are so unattractive, Women FTW.

Well, most of them are, but my human guy is pretty cute :)

ipoBRETUQgwXs.jpg

Llyranor

BTW, can you play casual sPvP with a small party? Or does grouping up automatically force you into tournament?

--------

Man oh man, I love the Asuran afro. Should have made all my characters Asuran.

jonah777

Not sure if I want to get this yet, but I may want to take a break from fighting games, and this looks like a good option.

I use a trackball (Logitech Trackman FX) with a G13 and they work really well together. You might need to increase mouse look speed though.

I was recently thinking how similar some of the combat mechanics in this game are to fighters... it's partly based on reaction, knowing your skillset/combos... I think you'll enjoy a melee class.

Llyranor

Anyone have names of officers for Stormbluff Isle Gaf guild? gafguild.com's thread signup is locked to play catchup.

Just wait it out. Guild invites are not working at the moment.

-----

Should I feel bad for dancing on top of corpses in PvP?

Einbroch

Banned
Okay, so I understand what effective level is, but my "effective level" stats are higher than my normal, white stats. I'm just confused. So I have better stats at my effective level when I level down?

T.O.P

Banned
Just put down Shadow Behemoth :D shitty loot though D:

Awesome event bug got a bug, the audio went nuts at half battle, my ears were bleeding freakin headphones

It's like a whole new game underneath once you turn that FXAA shit off.

Never even turned it on. Pretty happy with the graphics being medium-high.
Just put down Shadow Behemoth :D shitty loot though D:
Are you low level compared to the event? You generally get crap you hit level 15.

Awesome event but got a bug, the audio went nuts at half battle, my ears were bleeding freakin headphones
I've noticed that my sound effects tend to turn off while playing the game. It's not too bad but annoying. Restarting the game fixes the problem for a while.
It really pays off to explore the world
The way RPGs were meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom