• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if anyone else knows this but, there is a seperate tab in your bank vault for materials, so they don't have to take any place. You can also deposit them into your bank from anywhere in the world.

I still have a problem with my bank getting filled up. Is there a way I can get more bank space?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I dunno if anyone else knows this but, there is a seperate tab in your bank vault for materials, so they don't have to take any place. You can also deposit them into your bank from anywhere in the world.

I still have a problem with my bank getting filled up. Is there a way I can get more bank space?

If you're willing to open your wallet.

Make a storage guild, buy moar character slots, buy more bank space. I would suggest salvaging more of your stuff as well. It really cuts down on how much storage one uses.
hmm, I'm still not really enjoying any of the events. I'm level 14 so I've just been in the first zones for different races, but they just seem so hands-off. I come across something and usually just kill a few things or help fight the boss and then everyone moves on.
A lot of people assume that when the dynamic event is done, that's the end of the story. A lot of the time, that's not the case. Chained events are common but you have to stick around a minute and listen to the dialogue and watch what's going on. If you don't you miss out. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't know this and I wish there was something in the game early on that would show people that feature other than just having them exist there.
I guess it's cool that they're dynamic and not quests but idk, I'm not feeling it. I'm really liking all the gameplay mechanics and UI and crafting and stuff, and the personal story is pretty fun, but it feels like I'm exploring for the sake of exploring
Exploring for its own sake is kind of a big thing in this game, just saying.

The first one that I really loved was the shark in the asura starting area.

The bull in the Human area is a fun dynamic quest.

...or atleast I thought so.

So...I'm at work and can't share my system specs. BUT...I have an NVIDIA card...9800 I think? (sorry...not really a hardcore PC guy)

I also have 2 GIG of ram.

I've noticed my system chugging a bit of late and I'm going up to 4 GIG of ram tomorrow. That will be a bit of a pick up for my system as well as allow me to crank up the graphics settings for this right now, yes?

(As of the moment...the graphics don't look bad to me)

Audioboxer

So far I have a Warrior and Ranger up to 9. Going to try an elementalist now, it was that or mesmer, but mesmer seems more PVP focussed.

Charr or Sylvari? The lore with the Asura is cool, but I can't bring myself to play small classes.

Hey GAF,

I'm gonna make a couple more characters - what order would you rank each profession in terms of overall enjoyability to play (things such as fun and lasting coolness could be factors)

Thanks

Just a few quick snaps I took.
RuILu.jpg

9seKD.jpg

Ftd4e.jpg

HOfS9.jpg

Anno

Audίoboxer;41433375 said:
So far I have a Warrior and Ranger up to 9. Going to try an elementalist now, it was that or mesmer, but mesmer seems more PVP focussed.

Charr or Sylvari? The lore with the Asura is cool, but I can't bring myself to play small classes.

I love the first two charr zones, so go with that. Plus they just have the best models in the game.

Hoplatee

Yeah I see it know.

This game's obsession with red is kind of annoying, since my color-blindness makes red stand out less to me. Would much prefer the skill to be greyed out if it's outside of range.

Sorry to quote you again but was wondering what what kind of games you have troubles with in general? To me being color blind seems way beyond my uderstanding so it would be a bit hard to imagine.

Sory for asking, feel free to ignore. Just curious. :)

Trinn

Neo Member
Loving my Sylvari elementalist, at level 17 now. I'm considering respeccing my traits to Fire, since I'd originally gone Water for a support type build, but there hasn't doesn't seem to be much need for it. Thoughts?

Also, who should I contact if I want to join the GAF guild?

Hey GAF,

I'm gonna make a couple more characters - what order would you rank each profession in terms of overall enjoyability to play (things such as fun and lasting coolness could be factors)
Guardian
Warrior
Elementalist
Engineer
Mesmer
Thief
Necromancer
Ranger

that moment when you finally get a shoulder drop a thief can't wear it... lol. part of a set piece.
Minor Rune of Lyssa.
This is what higher-end salvage kits are for. You can get that rune out of the armor and put it into something else.

Lyonaz

Exploring in this game is so awesome.

Was going through Lion's Arch doing the 100% map thing and came across the jumping Puzzle Achievement in Sharkmaw Caverns. Was first looking for the vista point there. Found other players searching too and we found a hidden entrance and a pirate ghost, who guided us through some trap filled maze. My trusty flamethrower saved the day inside the cave.

Game is great.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sorry to quote you again but was wondering what what kind of games you have troubles with in general? To me being color blind seems way beyond my uderstanding so it would be a bit hard to imagine.

Sory for asking, feel free to ignore. Just curious. :)

Color blindness doesn't give me much trouble at all in games.

Here, for example, I can see the red bar below skills just fine, it's just that if I'm looking at the center of the screen it's not obvious to me in my peripheral vision since it's such a narrow bar.

As for games that give me trouble...puzzle games that have yellow/green blocks with very similar brightness levels (fluorescent yellow and fluorescent green are very close to me, while fluorescent yellow and dark green can easily be told apart) or blue/purple blocks with similar brightness levels. I can't really think of any specific examples, outside of Puzzle Fighter 2. Most games are pretty good about catering to colorblind gamers (hey, we represent about 10% of the male population, so it's not a rare occurence).

edit: I suppose character under-lighting (green and red, respectively) in games like Dota 2 and Heroes of Newerth isn't super obvious to me, though the different health bars make that mostly a non-issue.

Funny thing though, is that being a videophile, I'm super sensitive to colors being out of whack on a display, whereas most people don't even notice.

Can't really complain too much about my color blindness. It's a mild ailment that gives me very little trouble in life. I will sometimes embarass myself by calling something green when it's actually grey, but besides that, no issues. And hey, I have 20/10 vision and really good night vision so it's not all bad.

Anno

Necromancers, how do you like the class so far? Has anyone tried playing a total minion master with a bunch of things running around being annoying?

JoeBoy101

Necromancers, how do you like the class so far? Has anyone tried playing a total minion master with a bunch of things running around being annoying?

Feeling rather squishy of late. I got three pets out right now (Shadow Fiend, Blood Fiend, and flesh ranged pet [can't remember name]. I do pretty good normally, but on some of the story missions, I've had some real trouble at times.

There's a lot of flexibility in play though. For example, I normally go Scepter/Focus for my attacks, but when help a group of people, I go Staff for the AoE attacks. I still get the pets either way. The game moves too quick right for me to appreciate the shifting of conditions and boons with the other utility skills, and though the sigils are interesting, I'd rather have the pets.

BTW - Level 12.

Anno

Feeling rather squishy of late. I got three pets out right now (Shadow Fiend, Blood Fiend, and flesh ranged pet [can't remember name]. I do pretty good normally, but on some of the story missions, I've had some real trouble at times.

There's a lot of flexibility in play though. For example, I normally go Scepter/Focus for my attacks, but when help a group of people, I go Staff for the AoE attacks. I still get the pets either way. The game moves too quick right for me to appreciate the shifting of conditions and boons with the other utility skills, and though the sigils are interesting, I'd rather have the pets.

BTW - Level 12.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to give it a shot either way. Are you most PvE or PvP/WvW?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jesus christ so much awesome stuff happening. Just did the Norn Starting zone "big" event (what Shadow Behemoth is for Queensdale, Norn has one too), and DAMN THAT LOOT. Got a green scepter and a green greatsword for my Guardian out of it, and DAMN that Greatsword looks sweet.

1BC40D938B21F0CEBA48A973B5D4CC4613DC9C63

Also had another amazing dynamic event, where I can totally see what would've happened if we failed the initial event. There was a whole army coming, but thanks to us succeeding in the first, super-easy event, they retreated and no fight was necessary. so.fucking.good.omfg. -nerdgasm-

Anno

Rangers: what weapons are you using?

Sword/dagger and shortbow. All PvE so far, but I find it to be the most well rounded. I have a wolf pet for when I'm in a melee and a bear pet for range, and I think I'm pretty damned ready for anything reasonable.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sword/dagger and shortbow. All PvE so far, but I find it to be the most well rounded. I have a wolf pet for when I'm in a melee and a bear pet for range, and I think I'm pretty damned ready for anything reasonable.

Yeah I'm quite liking shortbow at the moment. Great sword too. Haven't tried sword/dagger yet. Not a fan of the longbow.

j-wood

I played the 2010 PAX demo and fought the Shatterer. It was appropriately epic and that was 2 years ago.

Everyone got 3000 free gems and a legendary weapon of their choice for being in the headstart and having to deal with the bugs.
It's less about which class as about which weapon. Staff makes the best AoE effects and all the casters can use them. So can Guardian.

Elementalist is probably the most AoE-heavy class. Warrior does get a lot of melee AoE, though.

Wait, how do we get those free items ?

Ken

Okay, now the game is finally clicking with me with the orange hearts and event stuff.

Any tips on what I should get with my skill points on Ele?

A lot of people assume that when the dynamic event is done, that's the end of the story. A lot of the time, that's not the case. Chained events are common but you have to stick around a minute and listen to the dialogue and watch what's going on. If you don't you miss out. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't know this and I wish there was something in the game early on that would show people that feature other than just having them exist there.

Eh lot of events don't chain into anything meaningful or really go anywhere either though.

Nekrono

So I'm playing a Human Warrior and I can't decide on my second crafting profession.

I already picked up Jewelcrafting and I'm not sure if I want to go Armorsmith or Weaponsmith for my second, any advice?

putarorex

This is what higher-end salvage kits are for. You can get that rune out of the armor and put it into something else.

I got a black lion salvage kit out of a black lion chest. I used to salvage a rune that gives plus 5 magic find on it for one item in the set. I am not sure if I want sell it or save it.

mingus

So I'm playing a Human Warrior and I can't decide on my second crafting profession.

I already picked up Jewelcrafting and I'm not sure if I want to go Armorsmith or Weaponsmith for my second, any advice?

I went armorsmith mainly to make bags with extra carrying capacity, but the first tier competes with jewelcrafting over copper ore.

Vodh

I enjoyed playing Mesmer quite a bit. Then I decided to give the Necromancer a whirl - and whoa. This is fun, this is worlds of fun! Sticking to my Necro (unless, given my preferrence between these two someone would suggest anything. Gave Elementalist a try in the beta and didn't like him too much)

Won

Got around doing some of the PvP stuff. Didn't know you get all abilities unlocked for this. Now I feel kinda spoiled.

Wait, how do we get those free items ?
It's a joke.
I went armorsmith mainly to make bags with extra carrying capacity, but the first tier competes with jewelcrafting over copper ore.
It's not too bad, though. Jewelcrafting doesn't take up huge amounts of copper like armorsmithing.
I just killed a giant swamp demon with 20 other people. Yeah, this game is pretty great.
Good to see the Shadow Behemoth is getting people into the game.
Got around doing some of the PvP stuff. Didn't know you get all abilities unlocked for this. Now I feel kinda spoiled.
You should also have access to all the runes and armor for PvP.
I enjoyed playing Mesmer quite a bit. Then I decided to give the Necromancer a whirl - and whoa. This is fun, this is worlds of fun! Sticking to my Necro
You'd probably like engineer.

Now that my warrior is 20 I'm allowing myself to create another character. Decided upon a Norn Mesmer. I think the warrior is great and I love him, but I am not a huge fan of the skills you can get.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've only just hit my Mesmer to level 10. I'm playing with it alongside my partner who is an Elementalist. She only has time to play it on the weekends and an hour every night, so it'll be slow going for those two.

And I'll be suffering from altitis. I don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom