• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicStep

Here's my girl. I'm liking the engineer but somehow it doesn't feel very powerful or useful. Not sure really, can't put my finger on it.

IKN09.jpg

LuuKyK

Hunter's Axe + Sword combination is awesome. Switching between this and the bow. Now to decide if the Long Bow is better than the Short. :|

njean777

maybe I am playing this game wrong but I haven't got any new weapons except from the story quests... are there instances to do or anything cuz I am so lost...

Alex

Here's my girl. I'm liking the engineer but somehow it doesn't feel very powerful or useful. Not sure really, can't put my finger on it.

Turrets seem underpowered, to me. They should either do more damage/healing or be way more sturdy/usable.

Kunan

Also a bunch of people, including myself, had no idea that the people with the heart quests sold weapons and equipment for karma when complete. They always have good stuff!

Piecake

Turrets seem underpowered, to me. They should either do more damage/healing or be way more sturdy/usable.

I think the flame turret is decently sturdy. Rifle turret sucks balls and blows up way too quick. Havent tried out the rocket turret yet. But yea, Flame turret is the only constant on my bar

Alex

I like the grenade kit a lot, on the missions where you get swarmed with a lot. Toggle on the quick drop aoe in your interface options and you can go to town.

I think the flame turret is decently sturdy. Rifle turret sucks balls and blows up way too quick. Havent tried out the rocket turret yet. But yea, Flame turret is the only constant on my bar

My flame turret was blowing up a lot for me, last night, I dunno, I dont understand why they pull so much threat, its annoying.

Piecake

My flame turret was blowing up a lot for me, last night, I dunno, I dont understand why they pull so much threat, its annoying.

I actually like that they do that. Keeps me alive, haha. Usually my turret can stay up with 1 or 2 guys pounding on it, but i use the shield, so I keep it alive longer by knocking the mobs back and stunning them, etc

Llyranor

sPVP gives no xp - it's its own ranking system.

WvW gives XP - actually quite a bit of XP and karma. It's a great way to level.

I love sPvP. You can jump into it as soon as you finish the first mission, and it has all skills/traits/weapons unlocked. It's great fun! To go there, hit H, bottom tab, then go to the Mists

For WvWvW, you can go there just as soon (hit B, then queue up). You keep all the skills/slots you have from PvE, though, so I'd recommend lvl 7 as a good starting point for WvWvW. By then, you should have most if not all weapon skills, 1 utility skill, and weapon swap. This should give you a lot more options in combat, so that you won't feel too restricted.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If I wrote down everything I've enjoyed about this game so far, you guys would complain about all the nerd-jizz.

Let's just say I played until 4am yesterday and leave it at that.

Quixzlizx

I like how the game has a Crackdown sandbox vibe. I'm having more fun/healthy aggravation trying to 100% areas than I am actually doing the hearts.

Although some of the Vistas have made me rage the fuck out. I feel like I'm trying to complete an Uncharted level with shitty MMO controls.

Is it challenging to group? Or does it scale in a way where once you group you just steamroll everything in your way?
Random mobs don't seem to scale, so you'll steamroll random mobs. Events and world bosses do scale, though, so they provide some measure of challenge. There is a limit, however, so if your mob of players is big enough (40+ players) you will steamroll everything.

Yeah, turrets seem really REALLY bad right now. I'm guessing its more of a PVP thing where they can give minor advantage, while not being focused on.

I really like the Engineer with double pistols thus far.

Elementalist seems crazy hard, with having to change attunements on the fly.

Not that hard. It just takes knowing all your skills well. Granted, there are twenty per weapon set. I've managed to keep changing attunements while on the move and firing off spell after spell thanks to cycling the recharge times.

I see all these characters with perfect facial features. Where are the ugly mugs who don't want to be daisies and snowflakes?
Work with the facial feature sliders, you should get something good out of it. At the very least, my Female Norn has several facial scars that are not terribly pretty.

satori

Is guild invite still bugged? I just tried it out and it seems to be working. You just got to make sure you check that you are representing the guild. Any officers want to look into that? Still waiting to be invited :)

Not that hard. It just takes knowing all your skills well. Granted, there are twenty per weapon set. I've managed to keep changing attunements while on the move and firing off spell after spell thanks to cycling the recharge times.

I dont have enough buttons to be able to spam spells and strafe. Or my hands aren't big enough.

Also I want one of those engineer weapons that sprays fire. Which one is that

Unrelated: Cooking is actually pretty fun. I just wish it was cheaper. The payoff doesn't seem particularly great. Though I've only crafted low level foodstuffs.

I dont have enough buttons to be able to spam spells and strafe. Or my hands aren't big enough.
I changed a lot of the keyboard bindings, although I do have pretty big hands, so that helps. (If I stretch, I can touch the backspace with my thumb while touching the 1 key with my pinky)
Also I want one of those engineer weapons that sprays fire. Which one is that?
You mean the flamethrower? It's a utility skill.
Cooking is actually pretty fun. I just wish it was cheaper. The payoff doesn't seem particularly great. Though I've only crafted low level foodstuffs.
Mostly it's just temporary buffs but you can also make dyes with it. You also need cooking to make some of the legendary weapons.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I see all these characters with perfect facial features. Where are the ugly mugs who don't want to be daisies and snowflakes?

People gravitate towards physically perfect characters in MMOs all the time. Shit sucks.

Kibokun

Elementalist took more time to get used to than the other classes. In early PVE I rarely switched attunements within the span of a battle, but in PVP your situation changes much more often. Also, the skills afforded to you by each attunement fit roughly into various situations. (Earth = space control, support and D. Fire = AOE pew pew. Air = Single-target pew / mobility. Water = Heals / slows. At least for staff.)

I think Engineers have a similar thing going on, with their grenades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom