• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Well I knew you were banzored, but now that you have returned, update us in OKC for you and the woman.

Hopefully we can hit up some GW2 together now that it's out and we both have it wooh. :D

I will definitely update you guys. The saga continues.

And definitely man. Add me to your contacts, Ashodin.1897! I think that's it. Or Add "Ashodin Venteal".

Ferny

This is a fairly noob question but are there any benefits to joining a Guild if all I'm primarily going to play is the PvE stuff? The WvW stuff sounds cool but as it is right now I'm far too green for this type of game to be of any help in that.

I don't want to say that I'm a casual player, but there's no way I could put in the kinda time that some of you guys have put in to far. I'm also fairly noobish to MMO's in general but I'm really digging this one. So I guess what I'm asking is, once the guild invites are working would there be any benefit for me to join the gaf guild and vice versa?

You get exp boosts, karma boosts, access to the guild bank, there is plenty of incentive to join even for mostly PVE players. It's broken still but soon....soon :p

Core i5-2500K
8GB RAM
GeForce 670

Running everything on max.

Are you using the beta drivers for the card because the game runs like garbage for me in so many spots. It ran better in the friggin beta for some reason and now launched the game randomly dips into the 10fps range and is unplayable. I've avoided the beta drivers but I might have to try em

kaioshade

Are you using the beta drivers for the card because the game runs like garbage for me in so many spots. It ran better in the friggin beta for some reason and now launched the game randomly dips into the 10fps range and is unplayable. I've avoided the beta drivers but I might have to try em

Lots of people are having that same problem. My comp will NOT go above 15 fps no matter i set the game on.

This Game! Best Game in years, best MMO I ever played (so far - Level 37). WvWvW is soooo much fun, although sometimes a clusterfuck :D

Exploring, crafting, questing, story, everything is fun in this game, it is so perfect!

suko_32

Do you guys think the gold exchange rate for gems will be better tomorrow when the game officially launches, or should I just go ahead and convert most of my gold for gems today?

moggio

Banned

Using beta drivers 304.79 atm.

Ferrio

Banned
Do you guys think the gold exchange rate for gems will be better tomorrow when the game officially launches, or should I just go ahead and convert most of my gold for gems today?

I don't think the exchange will level out until the trading post is up and running.

antitrop

I have a question about the Digital Deluxe items you get. I started a character and don't really like him, if I delete him and create a new character will that character receive the bonus items in the mail automatically like the first?

zlatko

Banned
What's everyone's favorite storyline so far? I had a human, asura, and charr, by far the best was Charr's so far. Asura was probably the worst even though it was the character I spent the most play time with. LOVE their jump animation and how they look as necro's.

Grokbu

Sigh. Anyone know why this isn't working? :(
Hlzlk.jpg

7h6Cf.jpg

zlatko

Banned
I have a question about the Digital Deluxe items you get. I started a character and don't really like him, if I delete him and create a new character will that character receive the bonus items in the mail automatically like the first?

Pretty sure all characters you create will get the items. I get the porder ring on every one I make.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm level 19 and you guys are telling me I can tab targets and don't have to mouseclick? Fuck me.

At work and all I wanna do is play hrngggg. Torn between Snowden Drifts and Diarre something as my go-to 15-25 zone after Foothills for my norn, I think I like Diarre better, but then Snowden is more "norn"-ish.... GAH THIS GAME THIIIIIIIS GAME. HAWKIAN DO SOMETHING.

BrettWeir

My goal for today was to hit 40. Goal accomplished.

Gotta say....after playing engi, I now have zero desire to play a ranger.

I just want them to fix the damn trading post so I can buy crafting mats....ugh.

Name in guild = Floobit.

Next up, Faylance, my thief or guard.

Aeana

Those of you who are running the game at 60fps locked could you post your specs and settings?
I have an i5 3570k at stock speed, a 560ti, 4GB of RAM. I believe I have everything at max except I am at native rendering and disabled the best texture filtering option. I don't get 60 all the time - I dip in the major cities and in the group events where there's like 30+ people all participating, but they're minor. 60 just about everywhere else though. I'm using the newest beta drivers that got released today.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Almost level 30 whew. Gotta force myself to take the occasional break, since the game is so addicting. The game does a good job of capturing that first time MMO magic like when I started WoW. The world feels so big and there is so much to do.

zlatko

Banned
Confirmed 100%. You only get one Tome of Influence per account though.

New question in regards to items:

I linked my old Guild Wars 1 account when creating a GW2 one and going through the sign up process.

I never got anything that would let me get the item to visit the ghost guy for free gear. Never owned Eye of the North though, but it still said I'll get shit just for having GW1 vanilla.

When/where/how do I claim w/e it is?

Ken

I didn't get the... Rylock (?) thingie on any characters beyond the first. On my first character, I received two mails, one for that week 1 Hero ring thing and the other for the DX stuff. On other characters I only receive the mail for the ring.

Bentendo

Is anyone else experiencing a one or two second skill delay. Everything else has no input lag but when I try and use a skill it takes a second for it to activate. This has been really frustrating as you can imagine.

Ferrio

Banned
What's everyone's favorite storyline so far? I had a human, asura, and charr, by far the best was Charr's so far. Asura was probably the worst even though it was the character I spent the most play time with. LOVE their jump animation and how they look as necro's.

So far my norn's is pretty odd:

-My norn gets drunk off her ass with charr.
-They both take a charr military vehicle for a joy ride.
-My norn insults a tree for looking at her funny or something.
-Goes swimming and takes dives off the cannon.

Now it's the next day, her and the charr don't remember what they did.. but they have to find the vehicle. It's like the hangover for guild wars 2.

Grokbu

Ok. Regarding my last couple of posts. It seems that I HAD to choose a "buff" to the weapon. And it seems like I couldn't pick the stats of one and the buff of the other, if that makes sense. So I went and added +3 Power to my Vital Rifle, so that I could use only stats of the Vital Rifle and it worked.

Really weird. I would think that you should be able to simply skip the buff. Oh well.

EDIT: Wow. This post might seem really confusing. Sorry about that, i'm getting a bit tired.

I got two tomes of influence, and two golem bankers across my 4 characters. Only one Rytlock though lol. I might have just been lucky and the server glitched and didnt register that my account had already gotten those items.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Now it's the next day, her and the charr don't remember what they did.. but they have to find the vehicle. It's like the hangover for guild wars 2.

What the hell? lol.

New question in regards to items:

I linked my old Guild Wars 1 account when creating a GW2 one and going through the sign up process.

I never got anything that would let me get the item to visit the ghost guy for free gear. Never owned Eye of the North though, but it still said I'll get shit just for having GW1 vanilla.

When/where/how do I claim w/e it is?

You need Eye of the North.

If you havent dedicated your GW1 items to the Hall of Monuments in Eye of the North you cannot get any items.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but does anyone know how to reach the vista icon in Queensdale that sits in the middle of the huge rock formation?

Trey

I have an i5 3570k at stock speed, a 560ti, 4GB of RAM. I believe I have everything at max except I am at native rendering and disabled the best texture filtering option. I don't get 60 all the time - I dip in the major cities and in the group events where there's like 30+ people all participating, but they're minor. 60 just about everywhere else though. I'm using the newest beta drivers that got released today.

Overclock that thing. It's little harder than changing the settings in the graphics options. Should significantly improve your performance.

Damn I wish my Human character plot was at least funny, right now is quite....uninteresting.

Weird that it let me pair it up and it mentioned I'd get shit either way then.

Oh wells. False advertising yo! :(

If you enter your name in the HoM calculator, it assumes you have EotN and gives you those first three points for free....and its not really false advertising, the FAQ is pretty specific :p

Kalnos

Banned

Are you running on your SSD or HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom