• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

Seems like turning on my second monitor while being in windowed fullscreen crashes the game consistently.

Not really crash, but freezes the screen to where you can't do anything anymore.

Ferrio

Banned
In a month there's going to be every single possible letter combination taken for a name. Going to be horrible making my third character. I should of squatted on all the names.

Also get the trade post up NOW.

Those of you who are running the game at 60fps locked could you post your specs and settings?

Even during large scale battles, I'm not noticing a dip in frame rates.

Specs:

i7 2600K @ 4.2ghz
16 gig of 2133 ram (PC3 17000) Mushkin
680GTX @ stock speeds (OC'ing with EVGA utility, doesn't do anything for the game) 301.42 drivers
240 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
Win 7 64-bit

But when launch happens, won't all servers be full? Is there an overflow for the overflow?

There isn't an overflow server per server, but rather there's a pool of overflow servers that characters from any server can be queued on. There's no restrictions on how many servers they can add to the overflow pool.

Aeana

Overclock that thing. It's little harder than changing the settings in the graphics options. Should significantly improve your performance.

I'd been meaning to, but I didn't get around to it. I just went in and set the multiplier to 42 so I guess it's about 4.2GHz now, and the slowdowns in Rata Sum are gone. Neat~

Are you running on your SSD or HDD?
SSD.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Even during large scale battles, I'm not noticing a dip in frame rates.

Specs:

i7 2600K @ 4.2ghz
16 gig of 2133 ram (PC3 17000) Mushkin
680GTX @ stock speeds (OC'ing with EVGA utility, doesn't do anything for the game) 301.42 drivers
240 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
Win 7 64-bit

Hoooly shit. This will be my rig
in five years.. hohoho.. :(

So if I'm in the main server and wanna party with someone in overflow...how do I do that? Is there a way to forcibly teleport myself to the overflow?

Jira

So if I'm in the main server and wanna party with someone in overflow...how do I do that? Is there a way to forcibly teleport myself to the overflow?

Yeah, party up with them and if they're in the overflow right click their portrait and click Join In. Be sure you're in the same zone when doing so. You might have an issue doing it at the moment and if it doesn't work right away, disband the party and both of you relog to the character select and that'll fix it.

khefka

Neo Member
I have a question about the Digital Deluxe items you get. I started a character and don't really like him, if I delete him and create a new character will that character receive the bonus items in the mail automatically like the first?
I'm pretty sure you are supposed to and will as long as you never claimed them from the mail, but if you did you will only get the ring I think. I saw a post claiming Arenanet was working on giving the GM's the ability to grant you the missing items on other character(s) though.

Thanks! So does 3 points net me anything? I assume not. ;P
It will if you buy EotN!

zlatko

Banned
I'm pretty sure you are supposed to and will as long as you never claimed them from the mail, but if you did you will only get the ring I think. I saw a post claiming Arenanet was working on giving the GM's the ability to grant you the missing items on other character(s) though.

It will if you buy EotN!

Psh, you buy ME EotN. :p

Also@ the crafting link = awesome. Put in OP?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Damn, the game runs like complete shit in WvW, infact performance is abysmal for how the game looks.

mrgone

Jesus, I just about instabought this when I saw it at $43.99 on getgamesgo.com, but apparently they've only got EU keys :( Thought I'd (re)mention it for the EuroGAF folks though

Won

Hit level 11 on my thief. So far so good. Game is great, when the whole events thing really kicks in, but I feel the game depends a bit too much on it.

I guess it's also time to try out other classes. Though no idea what to go for. I guess Engineer sounds interesting, but I feel I already get my guns fill with my thief. Maybe Guardian....

Item Box

Just got my copy! It's nice that the standard edition comes with a holographic sleeve. There's no reason to open this yet since I'm in the headstart, I guess.

Za2Rsm.jpg

foladar

When we're applying the retail key to our pre-purchase account, uh, how do we do that? I don't see a spot under manage account.

It will if you buy EotN!

Whoops, I made a test character and accepted the mail immediately, even though In going to delete this char. I figured every new guy I made would get said mail. Does that mean Im out my items now?

hmmm started playing, got to lvl 6 or so. Stuff is fun, but i'm not ... feeeling it.

maybe i should roll something else, think im done with warriors for life :S

These events are weird though... just pure chaos.

btw: are there weapon npcs? I wanna try out some 2h stuff.

Sethos

Banned
hmmm started playing, got to lvl 6 or so. Stuff is fun, but i'm not ... feeeling it.

maybe i should roll something else, think im done with warriors for life :S

These events are weird though... just pure chaos.

btw: are there weapon npcs? I wanna try out some 2h stuff.

Stick with it for a little while, also took some time before it clicked for me.

Aeana

Yeah, I guess CPU speed was the only thing keeping me from getting 60 FPS everywhere. Now OCed to 4.2GHz, I'm 60 all over the place. Neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom