• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBoy101

hmmm started playing, got to lvl 6 or so. Stuff is fun, but i'm not ... feeeling it.

maybe i should roll something else, think im done with warriors for life :S

These events are weird though... just pure chaos.

btw: are there weapon npcs? I wanna try out some 2h stuff.

I wasn't too happy with my Charr warrior either.

Then I found a 2-h hammer.

Then I found fun.

Hammertime.

The greatsword's not too bad either. I found 1h sword very underwhelming.

arimanius

So I've gotten an engineer to level 12, a warrior to 6, and a necro/mez/guardian to around 3 or 4.

Looking for suggestions on what to try next. Engineer is ok, but seems kinda clunky with the kits and I've been dying like crazy.

The last couple of MMORPGs I've played

WoW: Warrior, DK, Ranger
Tera: Lancer, Warrior, Sorc.
Tor: Juggernaut, Assassin, Operative
AoC: Herald of Xotli

Any suggestions? Don't really want to mess around with a pet class and would like something that's has good AOE and support would be great. I know I want everything lol

If it's a class I've already played, just tell me to quit bitching, suck it up, cause the class rocks once it clicks.

Thanks guys.

accx

So i'm looking into getting this game. Where would the cheapest place to be? I'm located in Europe and digital version is fine.

I'm torn between which class i want to play.
I like fast characters (in terms of attacks and movement speed), and i also enjoy debuff classes.
Small, instant and a lot of stacking dots is what's most fun. I prefer ranged rather than melee but either is fine.

Quoted for being lost in the thread. Anyone? :)

JoeBoy101

So I've gotten an engineer to level 12, a warrior to 6, and a necro/mez/guardian to around 3 or 4.

Looking for suggestions on what to try next. Engineer is ok, but seems kinda clunky with the kits and I've been dying like crazy.

The last couple of MMORPGs I've played

WoW: Warrior, DK, Ranger
Tera: Lancer, Warrior, Sorc.
Tor: Juggernaut, Assassin, Operative
AoC: Herald of Xotli

Any suggestions? Don't really want to mess around with a pet class and would like something that's has good AOE and support would be great. I know I want everything lol

If it's a class I've already played, just tell me to quit bitching, suck it up, cause the class rocks once it clicks.

Thanks guys.

Bear in mind that the classes can take on far different roles depending on the weapon skills and utility skills they have. My Necro is VERY pet heavy (staff+pets), but with a couple of different skills chosen, he becomes very condition-dot heavy with no pets at all (wells+axe/focus).

Same with a warrior. A dual handed guys is putting out good aoe damage, but a sword/warhorn provides more buffs and support for a group. The weapons and utility skills you chose really define your play. Try all the weapons out for the one that feels right for your character and build from there.

Piecake

Question about legendaries - Does anyone have a link that has which crafting profession is needing for which legendary? Also, is the thing that you craft character bound or account bound? Meaning, can i make a legendary for my man if I dont have that particular crafting profession, but one of my alts does?

Short Review - All i have to say that this is the first time since ME2 (dont hate me) that has completely sucked me in. Now, the first 8 or so levels, basically up until the first Centaur area in the human zone are a bit too hectic, zergy, and spammy, but after that, when people get a bit more spaced out and you can really start to explore and the mobs start to get a bit harder, man oh man, does this game get sweet.

They absolutely nailed exploration. I love the feeling of just doing whatever you want, exploring this and that, finding cool stuff and leveling as well. Other MMOs, if you went off the quest track, there was simply nothing there so it was pointless to do it. Rewarding exploration definitely is the best feature in this game for me, even above DEs and the awesome combat system

My only real complaint is the performance. I get decent fps in Pve and it keeps it up in DEs, but WvW is a huge issue for me. Its simply unplayable. Now, i wasnt planning on playing a whole lot of WvW until i hit 80, so maybe performance will improve by then and it wont be completely packed

Also, what should i make my Charr: Warrior or Necro? I already have a ranger and a guardian so i kinda feel that warrior is a bit redundant, and I did like Necro in the beta (no, im not paying money to buy more character slots)

Anyone in the UK able to launch this game? i keep getting this:

"Either there is no current Guild Wars 2 event or this account is not authorized to participate in one. If you believe an event is running that you should have access to, please contact Customer Support. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com."

I dont have the headstart access....but shouldnt need it right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, how does the WvWvW guild invite thing work? Just get in there, then find a person in the guild to invite me?

Piecake

So, how does the WvWvW guild invite thing work? Just get in there, then find a person in the guild to invite me?

You need a comannders cap (or something) to form raid groups in WvW. Problem is, is that costs 100gold.

Without that, yo can only form groups of 5

Audioboxer

As much as I don't like playing small characters, the Asura do make pretty neat engineers

gw008.jpg

You can't help go "awwww"

Kingbrave

Another thing I like about this game, I haven't had this sense of exploring in a long time. It's nice to discover all the new areas and stuff to do.

Ferrio

Banned
Btw, if anyone needs any weapons made... I'll be happy to help. I can make any lvl 25 and lower weapon (sans bows/scepters). Just send me a message in game, what type of weapon and what type of stat, and I'll send you a message of what monster ingrediants you'll need to send. I will supply the iron/copper/wood and all the other stuff, but I will need you to supply the ingredients that actually make the modifier.

Ingame: Tellen

Emitan

I'm actually under leveled for my story quest. I still have some more content to do but I'm kind of shocked I was so far ahead and now I'm a level behind.

Smidget

Interested in getting to a MMORPG and having no monthly fees seems like a big plus! How short can game sessions on this be? I don't like putting a ton of time into games, but it'd be fun to interact with people online and go on quests, etc. I know nothing about it other than everyone seems to be praising it and never played a MMORPG before....

And then what's the easiest class to go with for a beginner? Human warrior?

Thanks! :)

Anyone foresee any problems of installing this game onto a fresh 64GB SSD? (with only Windows 7 installed; intention being that Win7 and GW2 would be the only large files.) Otherwise it would go onto the standard 1TB HDD.

Varna

Even during large scale battles, I'm not noticing a dip in frame rates.

Specs:

i7 2600K @ 4.2ghz
16 gig of 2133 ram (PC3 17000) Mushkin
680GTX @ stock speeds (OC'ing with EVGA utility, doesn't do anything for the game) 301.42 drivers
240 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
Win 7 64-bit

This is depressing for me. I have basically the same machine except my CPU is OC'd higher and I have a 690 GTX. Frame-rate is all over the place. Someone start a PC performance thread because this kind of discussion get buried in here.

Aeana

I only have enough bronze ingots left to make one.

It's armor smithing. Other crafting professions have them too.
I'm a weaponsmith and jeweler so I don't think I can make any. I can make bronze ingots, though. How many do you need? And what's your character name so I can mail?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Interested in getting to a MMORPG and having no monthly fees seems like a big plus! How short can game sessions on this be? I don't like putting a ton of time into games, but it'd be fun to interact with people online and go on quests, etc. I know nothing about it other than everyone seems to be praising it and never played a MMORPG before....

And then what's the easiest class to go with for a beginner? Human warrior?

Thanks! :)

In terms of PvE progression, this is probably the most casual MMORPG ever made. You can easily make meaningful progress even just playing for a few minutes since you are rewarded for just about everything and there is almost never any obligation to actively group with other players in order to accomplish something. Run around and smash buttons and your bars will fill.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You only need to post 3 aspects of your PC honestly: CPU, GPU, RAM. Everything else is sort of irrelevant.

Here are my specs again. I'm running 60 FPS, everything on max. No slowdowns during battles or anything during PvE.

i7-3770k
Gigabyte GTX 670
8GB RAM 1600.

mr stroke

This is depressing for me. I have basically the same machine except my CPU is OC'd higher and I have a 690 GTX. Frame-rate is all over the place. Someone start a PC performance thread because this kind of discussion get buried in here.

You try the new drivers?

Updated to the beta NVIDIA 306.2 drivers and getting nice bump in performance

getting 30-35fps

maxed(no AA)
at 7680x1600 resolution
w/
i52500k
GTX690
8gb RAM

Just got my box in the mail and am extremely disappointed with the packaging. The first GW had an elaborate embossed packaging with 3 different versions for the box art. It also a had thick fully colored instruction manual filled with lore. This game is pretty much a DVD case with a paper slip in for an instruction manual. Now I wish I had gone with the headstart and bought it digitally instead.

I'm confused, how do I get the Hall of Monuments stone?

My accounts are linked and I definitely have a Hall of Monuments.

Go to any of the karma NPCs in town and check their second tab. You should see a blue stone available for purchase. Buy it, click it, and run up the hall to the ghost NPC at the center of the room.

Ferny

We're going to deploy a new build of #GW2 and do server maintenance in about 30 minutes. This may affect your connectivity. ~RB

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Go to any of the karma NPCs in town and check their second tab. You should see a blue stone available for purchase. Buy it, click it, and run up the hall to the ghost NPC at the center of the room.
You should have a stone in your inventory upon character creation...but it seems to be a bit bugged/random. Two of my characters got it and one didn't.

If you didn't get it, head to Lions Arch and go to the "Undermarket"/pirate hangout in a section of LA called Hooligans Route (I think). There is a merchant there that will sell the stone for 0copper. The stone is in its own tab.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom