• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just formed a party and we're both on the same server but can't see or find each other. Is there a way to meet up if you are in different instances or am I missing something?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I just formed a party and we're both on the same server but can't see or find each other. Is there a way to meet up if you are in different instances or am I missing something?

a) someone might have been in the Overflow server, usually the other members can join in by right-clicking that guy's icon and choose to join
b) the game had some issues with group members who are apart from each other in the same map, noticed it earlier, too

a) someone might have been in the Overflow server, usually the other members can join in by right-clicking that guy's icon and choose to join
b) the game had some issues with group members who are apart from each other in the same map, noticed it earlier, too

Turns out it was an overflow server issue. Thanks!

Noaloha

Something I love in this game is artwork...

Its not cartoon and its not so colorful i love that...

Our perspectives are on opposite sides of that topic, ha.

The art-style (I'm talking in-game design btw, not the mostly great concept art) is the one thing in GW2 which is giving me pause. For my tastes it's too cartoony and colourful. Like, it's just on the wrong side of the WoW-style of rendering and colour application, which is an aesthetic that I've always found ugly. It is only *just* on the wrong side though and I'm gonna give the game a fair shake a week or two after release. I hope my opinion of it shifts.

Thinking about getting this after reading the thread a bit. I'm not too big on MMOs, but a lot of the features are really attractive. I'm glad the combat seems to be a bit more active than other MMOs, and the level scaling thing sounds awesome too; I hate having to play catch-up or being forced to wait for a friend so I don't get too far ahead of them. The no monthly fees thing is awesome too.

Anyways, can anyone who has played the beta give me their impressions of the Necromancer and Thief professions? I watched gameplay for both and I'm still on the fence. Thief suits my typical playstyle of crazy flips 'n shit, but necromancer just looks too cool to pass up.

Absinthe

I have paid basically zero attention to this as pvp doesn't interest me at all, but kind of getting hyped lately.

I will be doing some research this week, but can I get some gaf thoughts on if this game is worth as a pve player only?

Absolutely yes. There are plenty of people who will play this game and barely touch PvP/WvW.

For only $60 you get around 60-120 hours for one characters single player campaign. So you're getting a great level of MMO PvE content with one character, let alone all the other races and personal stories.

Piecake

Kinda cool that they extended it, but im still probably not going to play. Just got home and only have 80 minutes left until its done

Such a Tease!!!!

Man, Necro would be so cool if the pets werent so fucking ugly. :/

They would make bank if they offered novelty necro pet skins at the cash shop

Spookie

Not really. It's pretty evenly balanced on both sides. With WvWvW sort of in between.

I'd say it's akin to buying Counter-Strike or playing Dota 2 with bots. It's perfectly fine but you're missing the point so to speak.

EVERY DAY (my human female) is SHUFFLIN'! Game of the year folks.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Man, people are using several of my names, including this one. (._. )

Luckily the only names which are "booked" are the multiple word names people placed in Guild Wars before the end of July. Single word names are up for grabs at headstart.

Piecake

Man, people are using several of my names, including this one. (._. )

Yea, the characters have been saved for a while, so pretty much all the names have been taken (names are entire game, not just server)

All resets at launch though so youll have a chance to get your names if you hurry

Levyne

Banned
Well. I think I've played enough.

Time to put some time into some other games that won't ever see me again once this launches.

j-wood

How are the items going to be in this game? In the sense that, say you aren't interested in PVP, once you hit max level, are you still going to be able to do dungeons and whatnot, and get better and better items?

Or is it like guild wars 1, where you have a weapon type, and you find the max damage then that's pretty much it.

Yea, the characters have been saved for a while, so pretty much all the names have been taken (names are entire game, not just server)

All resets at launch though so youll have a chance to get your names if you hurry

Sigh - you have just reminded me why I need to stay up from 12am-3am (EST) frantically pressing the "Login" button.

I'm normally not worried about my names being taken, but for some reason 3/4 of them were taken after all of these BWEs, so I'm a little nervous.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sigh - you have just reminded me why I need to stay up from 12am-3am (EST) frantically pressing the "Login" button.

I'm normally not worried about my names being taken, but for some reason 3/4 of them were taken after all of these BWEs, so I'm a little nervous.

This is why you should use two word names or more. It even fits in with the lore, unless you're playing as an Asura or Sylvari character.

ACE 1991

Done with this game until launch. It's so fun so far... I worry about how well the combat will hold interest in the long run, though.

Piecake

How are the items going to be in this game? In the sense that, say you aren't interested in PVP, once you hit max level, are you still going to be able to do dungeons and whatnot, and get better and better items?

Or is it like guild wars 1, where you have a weapon type, and you find the max damage then that's pretty much it.

max stats are pretty easy to get at 80. There are different stat allocations and runes to customize your character though.

For loot though, you wont be grinding for stats. If you want, youll be grinding for bad ass looking gear. Gear upgrades will basically be cosmetic

Is my performance supposed to be 10-15 fps during events? No way this game is that demanding...

Yeah, I got pretty bad framerate during this, I'm assuming it's because of the testing. Hopefully the fix that up but I know my E8400 isn't doing me any favors. I wish they'd optimize for GPU too though since I have a 6870.

Ethranes

Quick question! I just bought the game and it's installing now, I just found out that the stress test is up so I was wondering if this download is just for the stress test or will it work for the retail release too?

Orayn

Quick question! I just bought the game and it's installing now, I just found out that the stress test is up so I was wondering if this download is just for the stress test or will it work for the retail release too?

You're good to go for release. Just start it every day or two to get patches, since there are sure to be more of those released.

Beta client is the same client they will use for release. Just patch up and you're ready to go for Saturday.

Aeana

I really expected to be getting better performance than I am based on what people had been saying. I can face some directions and get 50-60 FPS, but if I face others, I'm down in the 20s. I have a 560ti, but perhaps it's my processor, I dunno.

pyrandes

Its the same client as release; so yes, itll work fine and dandy :)!

Lingitiz

Yeah, I got pretty bad framerate during this, I'm assuming it's because of the testing. Hopefully the fix that up but I know my E8400 isn't doing me any favors. I wish they'd optimize for GPU too though since I have a 6870.

I'm hoping for this too. Do the stress tests usually perform worse in comparison to the BWEs?

Ethranes

Awesome, can't wait for this game, I'm going on holiday till Sunday so I'll miss the Saturday early access but maybe that way I can skip any first day release issues and have smooth sailing when I start (hopefully).

Vano

I really expected to be getting better performance than I am based on what people had been saying. I can face some directions and get 50-60 FPS, but if I face others, I'm down in the 20s. I have a 560ti, but perhaps it's my processor, I dunno.

I have a 560ti and i get steady 60fps with everything in High, tho i have a 2600k CPU, are you using the beta drivers?

I'm hoping for this too. Do the stress tests usually perform worse in comparison to the BWEs?

There are times where ArenaNet do something and everything goes kaboom in the Stress Tests. Each Stress Tests had better performance than the last for me, so ST > BWE in performance.

Lulubop

Really diggin the Necro, definitely an alt. Hopefully minions are viable.

As far as performance getting 40-60fps at max setting, 1080p.

i5-3570
8gb

Not really ideal, but I had better performance during the bw3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom