• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

(Assuming you have access to the 3-day headstart, and if you don't, why not?)

Useful Info
Want some info? Read the kickass OT! Oh wait, YOU ARE!
Guild Wars 2 Status: http://gw2status.com/
GAFGuild's website: http://www.gafguild.com
GAF Server Selection: Stormbluff Isle (US) / Gandara (EU)

Be sure to follow us on Twitter, @GAFGuild

GAFGuild Mega-Awesome Pre-Launch Super-Countdown Festival of Hype Mumble Meet & Greet Event!
Here's another opportunity for everyone to hop on Mumble and get to know their future guildmates before launch. Even if you don't have a microphone, you can still participate since Mumble has a chat window. If you don't want to speak up, that's fine too; talking is not mandatory and you're welcome to just log in and listen (keep the creepy stalker breathing to a minimum though).

The event will begin on Friday, August 25th at Midnight (9PM on the 24th Pacific, 4am GMT) and run for 3 hours. At this point, the game launches and everyone officially has license to freak out. This event is strictly B.Y.O.K (Bring Your Own Kool-Aid). Please note that ArenaNet has stated they may start the game up to 3 hours early, so you might as well get on mumble and spam the Login button with the rest of us.

Mumble Info:
(Quote post for info)

GrizzNKev

Banned
Something weird happened with my personal story. Instead of getting the "end of demo story" message I
got mail from Caithe telling me she needed my help resolving a conflict between the three major factions of Tyria. It was for level 22.
The waypoint thing for it didn't activate when I walked up to it though.

Babalu.

I was in the first few closed beta's and haven't kept up with it at all.

At the beginning, amazon was having problems pre-purchasing and people weren't able to get into betas and stuff unless you ordered from GW2 themselves.

Is all the amazon kinks worked out? If I preorder from amazon will I get the headstart and items from the digital deluxe version no problems?

is everyone good from amazon now? I have some credit i'de like to use.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I decided to explore Hoelbrak a bit more today. Talking to NPCs and such. The one thing I've noticed with the Norn is that they are like one big gigantic family. I know that there are the four spirit guides, but unlike the Charr where the legions are separated and there is a distinct line between them all, the Norn seem to have it all in place together. Just because one respects and reveres Bear the most, doesn't mean that they can't have some attachment to the Wolf. I suppose that's why they call them Spirits of the Wild - if you honour one of them, you are honouring all of them together.

It's as if the mere fact that they are Norn instantly makes them related to one another; you'll see children running around being taken care of adults who aren't even their parents or their direct extended family. It's also kinda cool seeing the statues of famous Norn years gone by and then seeing their descendants in Hoelbrak.

/lorenerd

I was in the first few closed beta's and haven't kept up with it at all.

At the beginning, amazon was having problems pre-purchasing and people weren't able to get into betas and stuff unless you ordered from GW2 themselves.

Is all the amazon kinks worked out? If I preorder from amazon will I get the headstart and items from the digital deluxe version no problems?

is everyone good from amazon now? I have some credit i'de like to use.
Standard version preorder from Amazon here, was able to login to the stress test today and saw my mail with the free item.

Complistic

Goddam I dominated some spvp as a guardian today. Went a whole match without dying plus it felt like I was doing good damage and support. Was a ton of fun.

Was switching between a scepter/shield and sword/focus.

ACE 1991

So do you guys think the combat system will have enough depth to remain interesting for months? It's the one thing I'm a little skeptical about. We'll have to see, I guess.

KarmaCow

I have paid no attention to this game at all and have little idea about the game beyond that's an MMO without a sub fee...but I want it for some reason.

I'm torn between reading up on the game and buying it or making the sane choice not buying now because classes are starting up soon.

I capped a fort for us in WvW.

Look at this sexy emblem.

HdrXl.jpg

I have paid no attention to this game at all and have little idea about the game beyond that's an MMO without a sub fee...but I want it for some reason.

I'm torn between reading up on the game and buying it or making the sane choice not buying now because classes are starting up soon.

Buy it...............................

(Your first mistake was entering this thread. You won't leave without GW2)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Looks like Futureshop is giving out a 10$ credit in September for purchases. I'm finally going to pick this baby up.

Now, I need to hold strong, because I have two people with early digital access in this apartment.

Push the buy button

Aeana

Just ordered a new processor/motherboard, because I was not at all happy with the performance I got. Hopefully that'll fix it for me. Going by what someone else who has the same GPU as me said earlier in the thread, it should. I know my current CPU is junk, though; doesn't even have L3 cache.

danielreis

Neo Member
The stress test today was my first real contact with the game.

And i can say that i loved almost every second.

The first contact with the game was kinda of overwhelming. Lots of systems (even the locked ones were scary), lots of places to go, all without a good tutorial. Traits, locked slot skills, skills that change for weapons, combos, conditions... all confusing.

But after a few minutes everything start to click, and i had a blast. The dynamic events were the highlight for me and i have to say: this is a beautiful game. The art is top notch, no question about it, and the game did run very well on my m14x.

I was kind of locked on Asura/eng as my first char, but i hated the start area, plot and ambientation. So, i decided to try other races/professions. And my favorite race was the last place on my original "i wanna play it" list: humans. I really digged the inicial human setup, the char animation and the general feeling. Nords are my second option now - a very good viking vibe. For professions, it will be a toss between ranger, ele and necro.

Still a lot of things to figure (time to read gw2 old topics on gaf), but now i can proudly say: i'm on the hype train, and cant wait for saturday.

I shouldn't have played. I'm somehow having an overdose and I feel like I'm seeing the same areas over and over again as I make new characters.

etiolate

Banned
Still need more Asuran hairstyles.

Into the Void on the Mesmer's focus is such a trolltastic skill. It flings people around like ragdolls. I wished it pulled people to the spot of the spell rather than fling them across it. Can't get a reliable pull all the time. Still hilarious to watch.

It was also more fun killing Gaffers in sPVP than random strangers. Mostly because I can hear someone moan when they get ganged up on.

edit: wow b2b Into the Void posts

berva

Neo Member
Participated in the Stress test a little earlier. Getting 50FPS with everything at maxipad on my GTX560 (non ti) gotta be happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom