• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

I have a 560ti and i get steady 60fps with everything in High, tho i have a 2600k CPU, are you using the beta drivers?

Performance in this game so far really seems like a crap shoot. definitely my biggest complaint.

Hopefully this is just them stressing the servers/testing and it will be nice and solid by release

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I convinced a friend to pick this up, and it's been like 4 hours since he purchase the game, and has yet to get his email with his information. Anyone else get this issue?

guldakot

Man sword mesmer is so damned fun :) I love the gw2 version of killing spree and shadowstep lol :) so fun. WHY CANT IT BE the 25th ALREADY :(

Xyber

Servers are being restarted for a new build, apparently.

Huh, a new build with only 30 minutes left of the stress test?

The game is running smoooth thanks to the nvidia beta drivers. Wish I knew about them in the last few test since they were out in July.

I think it's running better because of all the optimization Anet has done this month. The performance has improved with almost every stress test for me.

Trey

Oops, i think? being from other time zone is wronging me, i thought they extended it 1 hour more because i logged in after the patch and they broadcasted that.

They extended it from 4pm PDT.

For some reason I have to authenticate my e-mail again.

Vano

Celebration Hat

iLa2KDobeYD13.jpg

Emitan

:/

I genuinely think coming in to this game purely to play PvE is viable but you're missing on what in the core in the game imo.

You're letting your own personal tastes get in the way. Just because you enjoy PvP doesn't mean PvE is shit.

So hyped for this. Won't be there for launch due to being in some training right now but the moment I get the chance this game will destroy my life.
Necromancer all day erryday

ShaneB

I'm having a hell of time logging in, changing emails, getting authenticated.. now it just says the email isn't registered... sigh. edit: nevermind.. I'm a dummy.

I'd say it's akin to buying Counter-Strike or playing Dota 2 with bots. It's perfectly fine but you're missing the point so to speak.
I genuinely think coming in to this game purely to play PvE is viable but you're missing on what in the core in the game imo.

So let me get this straight. GW2 has like 20 zones chock full of PvE content, literally thousands of events, hundreds of hearts, hundreds of vistas, dozens of jumping puzzles, eight dungeons each with four different configurations, eight crafting skills totalling several thousand recipes (for PvE-only equipment and items), thirty (!) personal story branches, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

But it also has four (count'em) PvP maps, so the game is PvP centric.

OK, I don't understand anything anymore. o_O

Piecake

My god...this game will be the bane of my existence starting the 25th.

Just remember that there is very little reason to rush considering this is not an MMO were the 'real' game starts at 80.

I'm hoping I can control myself a bit and not play TOO much, since thats a good way to burn yourself out

Retro

My god...this game will be the bane of my existence starting the 25th.

I feel the same way. I spent the stress test with my dad, unteaching him World of Warcraft and instructing him in the fine arts of dodge, revive and cooldown management. He took to it about as quickly as I expected, and most of it was just differences in UI, shortcuts and such that kept tripping him up. He seems really pumped to play a Ranger, and mentioned wanting to try an engineer.

After spending three and a half hours (with a phone in the crook of my neck, no less) getting a sixty year old dude to learn how to read enemy attacks and dodge and explaining such wondrously strange and foreign concepts as salvaging, weapon swapping and jumping puzzles, I still want to sit down and play the shit out of this game.

Thanks to that extra added hour I made it into today's GW2 stress test! :D

...And then I spent the whole time playing around with character creation. :O

Retro

Just wait. They'll keep extending it until they just decide to launch the game.

I'm actually kind of scared that might actually happen while I'm in bed (calling it a day early, got 3 hours of sleep last night). If it does, I will literally cry when I find all my names are snatched up.

So... I haven't been keeping up with this. Do you just tab and hotkey stuff to death while occasionally dodging away from slow moves?

Or is it more or less actiony than my description?

Question:

So I signed in for the first time since the last beta weekend and had a piece of mail with a bunch of items in it, including a golem bank and a char mini (to name a few). What's the deal? Are these just so they can test items or is this something else?

inky

Question:

So I signed in for the first time since the last beta weekend and had a piece of mail with a bunch of items in it, including a golem bank and a char mini (to name a few). What's the deal? Are these just so they can test items or is this something else?

Isn't that the deluxe ediiton content?

Retro

So... I haven't been keeping up with this. Do you just tab and hotkey stuff to death while occasionally dodging away from slow moves?

Or is it more or less actiony than my description?

There's a bit more to it than that. You can't just 'hotkey' stuff to death since a lot of your attacks have situational uses (knockbacks, pulls, barriers, AOE field generators, counter attack stances, etc.) that you'll need to save for specific situations. Dodging is essential, though I wouldn't call any of the moves enemies use after the first zone 'slow', especially when they start to call for help or run in pairs. Cross-profession combos, keeping enemies controlled and reviving downed allies makes teamwork essential as well.

It's close to something like Dark Souls, but with a limited dodge bar, specific attacks and maybe a less ferocity from the enemies. It is definitely not something you can tab-faceroll through.

LProtag

Trying to get Windows 7 installed on my new laptop...

I don't know if I'll have time to play this game, but I really want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom