• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am guessing this game doesn't have Blizzard's best feature, the ability to play while the game is still downloading.

Sethos

Banned
iv1BJ5gINPZYX.png

La la la ...

MMOs are the only genre where people rush as quickly as they can to get to the end and then whine that they've beaten it while demanding more. People need to get out of that mentality and back to the "I am playing the game because it's fun" line of thought. The whole game is "the end game" and phrasing such as yours, implying that the game is somehow incomplete, is only spreading misinformation.

I'm not spreading anything, I said exactly what you said but your only quoting a part of what I wrote. As I said, you play the game as you like, there is no end goal you are striving for except what you set for yourself. Endgame is a concept that GW2 just does not follow, it's a game and players play it as they want and how they want.

cripterion

Man if they don't bring back up their website I guess I'm toast and can't play for this session. Am I the only one in this case? Every attempt at logging in sends me an email and when I click on the link to authorize this it tells me the service is unavailable :/

Rad-

Man if they don't bring back up their website I guess I'm toast and can't play for this session. Am I the only one in this case? Every attempt at logging in sends me an email and when I click on the link to authorize this it tells me the service is unavailable :/

Same here.

Vano

Hero's Band is in the Stress Test? Are the HoM rewards present as well?

Can't say, have 0 HoM points.

Twitter news:

Guild Wars 2
We're looking into issues related to email authentication. Thank you for bearing with us during this Stress Test. ^RB
5 minutes ago from HootSuite

Guild Wars 2
We're aware of problems reaching the website & forums. Our team is working on it right now. Sorry about that & thanks for understanding ^RB
12 minutes ago from HootSuite

I'm starting to have second thought about choosing Guardian since its so popular; it's like everyone is going to play that class :\

From what I've seen of the game, even class isn't something that can be shoe-horned. You can be a Guardian and wield different weapons and you'll be different from a vast majority. The difference is building your character.

Just using different weapons playing the Warrior I felt like a different person when I switched to a sword.

Giard

I think Savage Leap is bugged. Every time I use it, every NPC disappears for the time of the animation, I deal no damage but lose like 300 hp.

Moaradin

The server you choose in beta won't stick during the retail release right? I think I might join the GAF server for the first time.

Syril

I've been wondering. One of the bio questions is always about a piece of starting armor (or a pet). Is there something special about this armor or is it normal equipment?

I've been wondering. One of the bio questions is always about a piece of starting armor (or a pet). Is there something special about this armor or is it normal equipment?

As far as I know its just a normal piece of equipment. I don't think it has anything to do with your personal story, just a bit of flair to make you look a tiny bit different from the start.

Audioboxer

I'm going to play an Engineer, cause why the fuck not? It's my most played class in TF2, and I like the idea of been a "tinkering" class.

It also stops this annoying jump between melee classes every second day of the week. Ranged combat is fun in GW2, and it'll make a change from me going warrior/paladin/*insert melee class here*.

Item Box

As far as I know its just a normal piece of equipment. I don't think it has anything to do with your personal story, just a bit of flair to make you look a tiny bit different from the start.

I wish you were able to upgrade them or something, I love the starting guardian pauldrons.

Sethos

Banned
I've read some where there is supposed to be a driver set which includes a performance buff specifically for Guild Wars.

Ah okay, probably also needed as the performance is quite frankly shite.

On another note: Holy hell at the Norn, big, badass. Why was I even considering those wimpy ass humans?

ibv2iyse2SzRM1.png

mnannola

Anyone using Crossfire in the stress test? How is performance, I remember in BWE 3 I had to turn off Crossfire in order to get decent performance.

cripterion

I'm in! Finally! And I don't know what they did but performance is much improved since last time. Steady 60fps in wayfarer hills.

Chris R

If I could only watch a single video that would sell me on this game, what video should I watch? Would prefer if it was under an hour as well.

Played the original GW at some point (don't honestly remember when or where, must have been some sort of a Beta though since I know I never bought it) and interested in this, but since I haven't been able to play the game yet I'm not fully convinced I'm a day 1 buyer.

LuuKyK

Just played for a few minutes have to leave now. So sad! :( The weekend can't come soon enough. Didn't even have the time to try out the sylvari. Oh well. Another thing to look forward to the headstart. :D This game is so good! t_t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom