• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethos

Banned
don't most people bind A and D to do strafing and the mouse for turning?

I actually bind left/right strafing to my mouse wheels tilt as well. works good pretty good.

Yeah you're probably right. I just always kept any movement stock and used mouse keys, modifier keys and the other keys around the movement keys to bind my hotkeys. Q and E as pure strafing is second nature to me after years of MMOs.

KiteGr

What it doesnt show up in your post box?
Kinda yeah.
I'm clicking the confirm and nothing hapens, as if I haven't pressed it at all. The confirm indication doesn't even go away when I click it. It's as if my mouse click is brocken, yet the button appears to be pressed.

2San

I actually bind left/right strafing to my mouse wheels tilt as well.
Isn't the default way to just press right mouse button and press A and D no rebind needed? At least that's how I do it.

Mihku

Anyone else having pretty major disconnect issues? If I'm on an overflow map it's pretty stable, but when I get on the normal map I'm lucky if I can play 15 minutes without being booted to the character select screen.

It's not my internet connection (not even using wireless), but it's annoying as hell. Can't count the times I get booted in the middle of an event, and chances are you rejoin on a different overflow server. Plus, you loose your place in the WvWvW queue.

jersoc

I actually bind left/right strafing to my mouse wheels tilt as well.

if not, they should. the only way to do it imo. ESDF for life. I hate that mmo's default to wasd and fuck everything up when i rebind.

KePoW

Banned
Isn't the default way to just press right mouse button and press A and D no rebind needed? At least that's how I do it.

Yes, this is what good players do. You have to use mouselook in PvP or you will get killed by more skilled players.

Doikor

"As in just bad design? Haven't done that yet."

Yeah. The encounters are not only boring, but poorly balanced as well.

I didin't find it that bad. My only problem with it is it being a bit too easy but i kinda expected that for the first dungeon. Only real problem was that the 3 ranger pull before the ranger boss was harder then any of the bosses.

edit: And seriously all the boss fights could have used some kind of an interesting special mechanic like the lovers had.

a friend of mine is interested but unsure whether GW2 is gonna run on his older rig, what do you guys think?

Apparently it's a Dual Core (he's not sure which ugh) and he has an 8600 GT i believe

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so ive just linked my guild wars account to second game and registered everything. i log in when i load up the client it says i need to verify my email so i tell it to send email. i go to link and it says link invalid or expired wtf

Nyx

a friend of mine is interested but unsure whether GW2 is gonna run on his older rig, what do you guys think?

Apparently it's a Dual Core (he's not sure which ugh) and he has an 8600 GT i believe

It will run on low/medium settings, with FPS ranging between 15-50. ;)

LTWheels

Any thoughts of changing the Guild Servers (for both EU and US) to a much lower population server? Both of theses servers are going to be full in prime time for that region, meaning people can't join those servers.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
why does it say i have no hall of monument rewards in game even though my account is linked

Calibrated

Neo Member
Any thoughts of changing the Guild Servers (for both EU and US) to a much lower population server? Both of theses servers are going to be full in prime time for that region, meaning people can't join those servers.

I cant get on the GAF server either :( How about we have a secondary server for everyone who has recently started the game and cant get in? I'd start a new guild but i'm a newbie and don't know how yet lol.

JoeBoy101

So how are you other Necros fairing so far?

Lvl 15 atm and really starting to like the class and starting to get the hang of it:)
Now playing with Staff and Scepter/focus. Like the staff for putting down marks before fights but think it lacks off since only one skill is direct dmg..
Scepter is nice for bleeding/stacking conditions but also lacks some good direct dmg.
Is axes the only way to go if I dont wanna play Rogue and go daggers?

All advice tips appreciated and welcomed:)

I'm 16 right now and if soloing, with pets of course, I go with axe and focus. The axe has the better direct target damage, but also has that great aoe attack that gives a window of retaliation. The focus gives the nice regen that bounces around. Out of all the off-hands, none have seemed as good as the focus, unless I'm missing something.

But when dealing in a group, I go staff and just drop marks everywhere. For traits, I'm using death magic to up my toughness. Still feel a bit squishy in combat, and I'm not fond of my bone fiend.

Staab

Any chance of an invite on the GAF guild on Gandara EU, can't seem to find Naito or Mulligan online today :D

ID : Grianspog.6081

Thanks !

He can pull it off, but it won't look great. I'm running a 9800 GT with everything on medium and it dips during action, other times are at least 30fps but not 60. The minimum specs are a 7800 after all.

Then again I am running at 1920x1080, so you'll get better results at lower resolutions.

I actually just bought a Radeon 7770, it should arrive tomorrow and be more than enough to crank up the detail.

I am almost at level 11 now, but have yet to work as a group with other people. Am I missing something? GW1 used to have a party search for instanced quests.

Torraz

Any general advice regarding story quests? Those, and their difficulty tuning, are the only thing I truly dislike about this game. I am a Norn Warrior, if that matters. Ranged enemiese their shots seem to auto-aim on you and thus force you to use your dodge which is then unusable for the attack of their melee friends. If I save the dodges for the melee enemies I get chipped down by the ranged enemies, faster than my heal refreshes...

So is the Personal Story the equivalent to the Missions in GW1? Asking this because, even if entertaining, I cant wait to see more epic stuff like giant dragons etc!

It's playable for sure!
Just don't expect gorgeous graphics and a high framerate.

To me low framerate= not really what i call "playable"

I mean sure it works but what good does it do when the game keeps dipping and you get framerate stutter constantly when there are more things going on...

Hmm he might have to set it to low and let me tweak those graphics options a little to get it to an acceptable framerate then!

Rumble19

I wanted to play this game with a buddy of mine and we played for a weekend in the beta. Now I've started a job with strange hours, and today is the first day I've been able to play, except now I don't know which server he is on, and I don't really want to pay to switch later. Is there any way to know? Or do I just have to wait for him to come online and check his email? I just wanted to play a few hours this morning :(

JCizzle

My biggest gripe with the game is that it can be very melee unfriendly at times. I understand that no class is a melee class and all that, but my Guardian is toeing that fine line since I'm not a huge fan of their Scepter/Staff skills. Getting up close, in my experience thus far, creates issues where you can't see the boss aoe to roll out of like you can at range, and also opens you up to direct attacks that aren't an issue at range. For some bosses, like the Fire elemental, you're also much more likely to have six adds randomly aggro and zerg you since most other people seem to just shoot from range and are too far away to aggro the adds. My solution would be to somehow provide melee players a 25-50% damage reduction in PVE encounters with creatures like that.

Another problem ive run into is random XP gaps where youll get halfway to the next level, but run out of hearts/vistas/etc and cant stumble across an event. I mean, i can run around aimlessly looking to run into one, but that becomes a coin flip. My last 'issue' is that it seems like a pain to acquire enough components to naturally level leatherworking (and tailoring from what map chat seemed to indicate), as well as the random drop fine materials needed for crafting weapons. Overall the game is excellent, but like any game it can use further refinement IMO.

JonCha

My biggest gripe with the game is that it can be very melee unfriendly at times. I understand that no class is a melee class and all that, but my Guardian is toeing that fine line since I'm not a huge fan of their Scepter/Staff skills. Getting up close, in my experience thus far, creates issues where you can't see the boss aoe to roll out of like you can at range, and also opens you up to direct attacks that aren't an issue at range. For some bosses, like the Fire elemental, you're also much more likely to have six adds randomly aggro and zerg you since most other people seem to just shoot from range and are too far away to aggro the adds. My solution would be to somehow provide melee players a 25-50% damage reduction in PVE encounters with creatures like that.

Another problem ive run into is random XP gaps where youll get halfway to the next level, but run out of hearts/vistas/etc and cant stumble across an event. I mean, i can run around aimlessly looking to run into one, but that becomes a coin flip. My last 'issue' is that it seems like a pain to acquire enough components to naturally level leatherworking (and tailoring from what map chat seemed to indicate), as well as the random drop fine materials needed for crafting weapons. Overall the game is excellent, but like any game it can use further refinement IMO.

Quick thoughts:

1) I had that issues in a beta weekend also playing the class. On the other hand, playing with a one-handed sword as a Ranger is quite awesome. Very fast and lots of condition damage. Melee Guardian seemed a bit slow.

2) Are you doing the Personal Story? When I've found leveling is slowing down, I've done a couple of Personal Story missions and then continued.

Spookie

Another problem ive run into is random XP gaps where youll get halfway to the next level, but run out of hearts/vistas/etc and cant stumble across an event.

Go in another zone. I'm level 32 and have VASTLY out leveled most of the content due to me and Wes wishing to have a look at the charr zone. After doing that and a bit of WvW things went out of control.

Nyx

To me low framerate= not really what i call "playable"

I mean sure it works but what good does it do when the game keeps dipping and you get framerate stutter constantly when there are more things going on...

Hmm he might have to set it to low and let me tweak those graphics options a little to get it to an acceptable framerate then!

I probably wasn't clear on that, FPS is pretty stable, but I get 20ish FPS in Black Citadel f.e., but 40ish in the plains. (Charr starting area)

And this console-gen has made me feel that 20-40 FPS is playable. :D

Audioboxer

Alt-itis is killing me. As is picking professions/classes. Even picking names is frustrating me as I'm trying to follow the GW trend and go for multiple names as opposed to a single name. #gamerproblems indeed!

@ That Reddit thread, holy shit it's hilarious. Some COD mouths in there for sure!

JCizzle

Quick thoughts:

1) I had that issues in a beta weekend also playing the class. On the other hand, playing with a one-handed sword as a Ranger is quite awesome. Very fast and lots of condition damage. Melee Guardian seemed a bit slow.

2) Are you doing the Personal Story? When I've found leveling is slowing down, I've done a couple of Personal Story missions and then continued.

Yeah, I am usually always on pace with the story. I mean, I know it's probably my fault since other people I've read in here don't seem to have issues, but I craft, do the hearts, vistas, POIs, events as they're up, etc but still seem to run into those gaps from time to time. Starting to use another zone to help with those gaps as I focus on my "primary" zone (ie the one I plan to 100% in that lvl range) did help though, so I'll keep doing that. Just not sure if I'm missing something since others seem to be swimming in excess XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom