• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You use less keys in this game than the average MMO, honestly. I have everything you would ever need in combat bound to my numpad.

For the 360 controller I wonder if TPS (third party software) would allow that keypad which attaches to the bottom of the controller to work with the game also? If so you got a solution to the not enough keys issue right there.

Actually as long as you dont go overkill like WoW fanatics I say this has the same amount of keys as wow.

Anybody have recommendations of classes? I have been busy with school/work and family stuff so i haven't stayed updated on everything. I usually like playing assassin/ dual wield melee type classes but not sure how the thief plays in this. So any help would be much appreciated :)

Go to the first page, watch the class vids. That should cement your decision there. Hard to ask people since everyone has a different play style. You got 5 slots to mess with so experiment from there!

If you are expecting to be able to go stealth and sneak all over the place the thieves in this game dont really do that. To warn you in advance I have one myself and others at higher levels have said the same thing.

Forkball

I just got ""The server was unable to authenticate your gameplay privileges" and it kicked me out. I've been playing for the past three days, what gives?

This is the transparency problem I'm having. I didn't notice it until today so it's one of 3 things: the recent patch, new nvidia drivers, or NV inspector/AO. It happens with low camera angles
NEBZM.jpg

Yep, same here. I think it's the new Nvidia Beta drivers. It's really distracting when I'm trying to fight on a hill since it's clipping constantly.

Feep

Banned
Ahahahah. Visited the Norn starting zone for the first time...having a snowball fight with kids was an amazing way to do that local quest.

:D

Feep

Banned
Are you enjoying the game overall? Your reaction earlier seemed lukewarm.
I do really like it...I'm starting to get a better handle on Elementalist (even if switching away from Staff terrifies me). I doubt it will eclipse FFXI for me, but it's a lot of fun.

Just wish I could get a damn guild invite. = (

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I do really like it...I'm starting to get a better handle on Elementalist (even if switching away from Staff terrifies me). I doubt it will eclipse FFXI for me, but it's a lot of fun.

Just wish I could get a damn guild invite. = (

FFXI holds a special place in my heart, but that game is a horrible slog, and I could never go back to it.

Feep

Banned
FFXI holds a special place in my heart, but that game is a horrible slog, and I could never go back to it.
Grinding to 75 was awful. After that, it was amazing. Finished CoP (amazing) after two years, heard the final song, quit the next day.

Parakeetman

Oh wait so even if you have a server set as your home server it can still get full and you wont be able to join? Question is for a friend.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Grinding to 75 was awful. After that, it was amazing. Finished CoP (amazing) after two years, heard the final song, quit the next day.

On the other hand, leveling is fun in GW2!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there anyone awake right now on the NA servers able to attempt an invite for me into the guild? Arena Net's twitter says it is more likely to work if I get the invite and accept it while in WvW, which I am going to be doing for a bit.

Parakeetman

Is there anyone awake right now on the NA servers able to attempt an invite for me into the guild? Arena Net's twitter says it is more likely to work if I get the invite and accept it while in WvW, which I am going to be doing for a bit.

http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/gafguild-sign-up-thread.47/page-6

I think the poster above was trying to join for the firs time

Yeah thats what I figured also, but am just curious. As with WoW for example even though we were part of a server we still got stuck "waiting in line" to play on occasion which I thought was the dumbest shit ever considering its an online game and not a day at the arcades haha.

Will need to check with other friend if he managed to make an account on the right server. Seems like ours is at HIGH status already... which has me concerned of being FULL soon.

jbortz78

So how are you other Necros fairing so far?

Lvl 15 atm and really starting to like the class and starting to get the hang of it:)
Now playing with Staff and Scepter/focus. Like the staff for putting down marks before fights but think it lacks off since only one skill is direct dmg..
Scepter is nice for bleeding/stacking conditions but also lacks some good direct dmg.
Is axes the only way to go if I dont wanna play Rogue and go daggers?

All advice tips appreciated and welcomed:)

And any advice on how to get started as a jewelrer, any decent guides out there or tips from other GAfers?

Just applied on GAFguild and hoping to see you all on Gandara soon.

T.O.P

Banned

http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/gafguild-sign-up-thread.47/page-6

Yeah thats what I figured also, but am just curious. As with WoW for example even though we were part of a server we still got stuck "waiting in line" to play on occasion which I thought was the dumbest shit ever considering its an online game and not a day at the arcades haha.

Will need to check with other friend if he managed to make an account on the right server. Seems like ours is at HIGH status already... which has me concerned of being FULL soon.

I actually can't remember wich server i got in (was in a hurry to play it), i'll try to switch to Gandara later tonight

Still, i don't get in wich thread i have to post my info to get an invite
http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/headcount-for-eu-guild.115/page-2
http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/gafguild-sign-up-thread.47/page-7

Parakeetman

so, how comes writing of the Asura is leagues better than the rest? The Dynamics story quest was pretty great.

also, we really, really need those guys as a playable race

Its too bad they didnt push these guys out at launch as a playable race, instead of the tree-hugger race. Found a bunch of these guys in Lions Gate.
At least my name would have made sense then lol
---
My Guardian.

Use tags to help size down the pics a bit. If not takes up a ton of space depending on picture size. :)
---
Seems like another patch incoming in 30m

thetrin

I love the tengu. It really is a shame they're not playable. I definitely would've picked one.

I really, really hope the trading post is up by the time the game has officially launched.

so, how comes writing of the Asura is leagues better than the rest? The Dynamics story quest was pretty great.

also, we really, really need those guys as a playable race
There seem to be quite a few potential races that could be added if the NPCs are any indication. And is that true about the Asura's writing quality? Arrrghhh... I don't like playing as the gnome-esque races, usually...
"Wait what? Is this your anti-PvE stance emerging again?"

Talking dungeons, not events.
A bit of an off-topic tangent, I know, and a bit of a curiosity on my part, but why don't you use the quote function? :p Sometimes, I can't tell if you're quoting someone in this thread.

Styles

Is there an order of quests in which I need to fulfill for the Swamp in Queensdale before the event gets activated? I've been coming back and fourth and still nothing,

Parakeetman

Yeah most def I can see them being in an expansion. But then Ill be SOL when it comes to my name. D:

Guess Ill have to go with SON OF PARAKEETMAN lol

Sethos

Banned
How can people use Q and E for hotkeys, I'd kill myself before giving up my keyboard strafing, couldn't do the mouse holding all the time.

Forkball

Level 22. Ironically, I can't find leather squares anymore because I am now finding thin leather straps, but my crating isn't high enough. But I can't get it high enough without leather! Same with jewelry. There is a deadzone between 35-50 when it comes to crafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom