• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

I don't know, the WvW I finally got into was pretty even, equal matches and keeps going back and forth. Nothing like that steamroll you see. It's all up to the matching. It worked pretty well from what I saw. But having a dominance like that and then not being matched up to like servers is pretty idiotic on ANet's part.

Well, it is the first round, so no matchmaking helps other, this round is just random. We shall see what the next pairings bring.

The one issue that could be problematic is with the free transfers is that these areas being dominated on in WvWvW are going to want to jump ship to a more even server even though the match ups are supposed to rotate eventually.

Hopefully TA gets some competition eventually

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I would totally do this. What time do you think it would be?
Thanks! I tried it once earlier today and was totally confused, even with the tutorial dude.
I'd love to get a tour if I get an invite to the guild. Last time I tried to tag along but since I wasn't in the guild I was completely lost just running around following you guys without hearing what was being said so I bailed. I'll ask for the invite when I get in game tonight
Around what time are you on? I wouldn't mind joining if I'm still online.
Great! That's already enough of a group that I'd be happy to do it tonight.

I'll be free basically any time after ~8:00PM EST. What time would be good for you guys?

Cool.

Sounds like you're into the big, brawny types. Hopefully you'll be around to draw everyone's attention so I can support you from behind! From what I've been seeing, both classes look fun and the feedback concerning both of them has been pretty good. I'm still going back and forth between Mesmer and Necromancer. I like conditions.

That's what she said!

Erehael

Neo Member
Try your hand at crafting and you should easily hit 15. Or just run around Queensdale grabbing mats (xp) and participate in any random events that you get notified for (even more xp). Should easily push you over.

Did you get a chance to fight the Shadow Behemoth in the swamp? You don't want to miss it :D

By the time I finished Queensdale, I was level 19 lol.

Alright, I'll do that thanks.
I'll be trying some WvsW as well since you can gain exp there. It's a bit overwhelming though..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Watch out with using AHK, it might trigger the anti cheat system.

I tried this one out with the pinnacle trial and i think it does exactly what you are describing (right stick always move camera).
http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/showthread.php?25192-Guild-Wars-2
Wait WHAT?! How? It's just clicking and unclicking the right mouse button O.O

Pinnacle is very powreful but very not free. And I've already paid money for a product that lets you use a gamepad (Total Game Control) which I finally abandoned for the legacy version of Xpadder we're using in the main package.

LTWheels

I'm hoping in the early hours of tomorrow morning I can transfer to Grandara. Hopefully at that time it will not be full. On Ring of Fire until I can change.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Any news regarding the guild invite thing? I hadn't anticipated that over 400 people already signed up. That's crazy.
(I didn't sign up)

Kingbrave

Great! That's already enough of a group that I'd be happy to do it tonight.

I'll be free basically any time after ~8:00PM EST. What time would be good for you guys?

That's fine for me as long as I remember. I signed up on the gaf guild site...you can add me
vabrave.5390

ShaneB

Yeah, I just tried logging in and it seems to be fine for NA.

Damn being at work sucks :( Going to be out of town this long weekend too, so my playtime will be limited. Phooey.

hyduK

Banned
So, just from reading the OP it SEEMS like you can just buy the game for PvP and never really have to grind? Is this the right assumption?

I'm considering getting it but I'm not really into another game where I'll need to farm a whole lot. (I already have D3 and probably MoP).

So, just from reading the OP it SEEMS like you can just buy the game for PvP and never really have to grind? Is this the right assumption?

I'm considering getting it but I'm not really into another game where I'll need to farm a whole lot. (I already have D3 and probably MoP).

Your auto leveled for pvp so you don't really need to level outside of unlocking more character utility abilities and such, but everyone is on a semi even footing.

Levyne

Banned
I'm kinda bummed out that I was making great progress in the monthly acheivement about accumulating exp without dying, but when I had to log out for a build update it counted as a death or something :/

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

The competitive 8vs8 or 5vs5 PvP mode has no imbalance. The only thing you unlock in that mode are cosmetics to use within the PvP mode. (No idea if the later ones transfer over to WvW and PvE world.)

But yes, you could buy the game and just play the above mode. You're missing out on WvW which is very fun though and has item and level imbalance.

Arksy

I'm kinda bummed out that I was making great progress in the monthly acheivement about accumulating exp without dying, but when I had to log out for a build update it counted as a death or something :/

I managed that achievement earlier. I died at 90k :( - It's so much easier at 50+ so just focus on getting to a higher level because 100k is a hard number and the xp you get from dynamic events just increases drastically after 50.

SalomonA

Um I'm currently unable to login to the servers. Getting the "the game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time" problem. Are the serves down or something?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Remember, if you're not yet in the guild (due to the invite bugs or otherwise), you can still get on Mumble. You do need to be on Mumble for the tour, I won't be typing :p

Ironically enough, if you're owed an invite and do come on the tour, apparently sending and accepting invites works while IN WvW.

Is 8:00PM okay for those interested?

Proven

There was a build last night at around 3AM EST. Give or take an hour.

Proven is back in his guild, he is happy with the world.

WvW still has massive queues during primetime, but at least it isn't a stomping. And there is so much less lag when you're in level 25+ areas.

That said, for those who are now veterans of WvW, and assuming today isn't one of the really bad queue days, we can go around in one of the WvW rooms kicking ass, taking names, and being extras to Hawkian's group, if anyone's interested.

Levyne

Banned
I managed that achievement earlier. I died at 90k :( - It's so much easier at 50+ so just focus on getting to a higher level because 100k is a hard number and the xp you get from dynamic events just increases drastically after 50.

Yeah, I've found out that it gets a lot easier.

I considered leaving my laptop on all day while I'm at work to not have to log out but then I realized that that would be stupid. I wished there was a counter then showed you your current progress if you have to start over. I got to 74k before the disconnect and made a lot of good progress afterwards but never got back up to that, yet.

hyduK

Banned
The competitive 8vs8 or 5vs5 PvP mode has no imbalance. The only thing you unlock in that mode are cosmetics to use within the PvP mode. (No idea if the later ones transfer over to WvW and PvE world.)

But yes, you could buy the game and just play the above mode. You're missing out on WvW which is very fun though and has item and level imbalance.

Good enough for me. I mean, I'll obviously level to cap so I can do the WvW which looks cool, but I could care less about balance for something on that scale. As long as the 8v8/5v5 modes aren't going to require me to grind 400,000 honor every time they reset the arena season.

Arksy

Yeah, I've found out that it gets a lot easier.

I considered leaving my laptop on all day while I'm at work to not have to log out but then I realized that that would be stupid. I wished there was a counter then showed you your current progress if you have to start over. I got to 74k before the disconnect and made a lot of good progress afterwards but never got back up to that, yet.

It kicks you after a while anyway and I too miss the ability to track your achievements. It would make that track so much more manageable.

LkPr

Can anyone answer this?

how long do the spawned guild banners last? ...

the wiki just states 'spawns a guild banner that will give 5% exp etc etc' ...

and also, where does this banner spawn? WvW only? .. i'm just trying to get a better understanding of the guild influence system

Wallach

ibk8qrPJet8SPa.png

Other races just can't.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
What I don't like about how Arenanet handles the game is the absolute lack of patch notes, informations during downtimes etc. I wanna know what they're about to fix :/

Any good Let's Play style videos that are worth watching? I want to get a good idea what this game is like and see if I want to pick it up.

Levyne

Banned
What I don't like about how Arenanet handles the game is the absolute lack of patch notes, informations during downtimes etc. I wanna know what they're about to fix :/

In Guild Wars 1 they'd always get posted to the Wiki so maybe we'll see them once that finally goes up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom