• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has been answered since, but as of yesterday Guild invites were still not working properly...how would I go about requesting one? I did register in the Gafguild.com forum and post my ID there, not sure if I should be /whispering guild leaders directly from in-game?

Also just dinged to 10, and after buying my first Trait manual (which I can't use until 11...) I have exactly 0 coin. The game is either brilliantly designed or I have no idea how to make money.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
... I literally JUST got home. Then Kanai (who of you guys is that, I only look at the char name) pointed out that Server will go down soon. I try to go to foothills to get my daily in and get stuck at the loading screen because the server literally JUST went down. fml. (Aleifir Gafsson, aka Aleifir, son of GAF, here, btw. Yes ,lore-names rule.)

Ketch

so mesmer seems pretty cool, i like the constant mirror images popping up... I'm having kind of hard time understanding how the quests work... they just start whenever you are close to them I guess?

Piecake

I think it was around 50. For Huntsman, you absolutely need to be leveling through the Discovery pane. Don't even bother with anything but refining or creating materials in Production. Absolutely do not craft any weapon recipes you already know.

oh definitely. I think the reason why i still have discovery stuff left in the 25-50 tier at 55 is that I refined a shit ton of leather and jute in the beginning (brought me up to 20-25ish - and that still wasnt enough leather and jute, haha)

So yea, I that might be the most efficient way to go about things 0-25, 75-100, etc - all you should be doing is refining leather and jute and ore into its refined form since you will need a ton and you wont be getting any exp after 25 or 100 for that

will try and get on thurs for the gaf WvW thing, i've played a little bit but need to learn more about it! and get a nice group to run with. my previous attempt was mainly me running around solo trying to work out where everybody was heheh. got in a couple of fights though and it was good fun.

ran by some gaffers in kessex hills doing the Gort event, which was nice but i've forgotten names now.

AeroGod

I dunno why some people are having trouble with XP and having to grind out levels. Im finding that xp is handed out like crazy. I ran though all the races big cities and the few 1-15 zones collecting all the skill points, vistas and hearts and im almost level 30. I havnt even really walked into a level 15+ zone yet. I did a story mission and i had to be downraked almost 20 levels :p. The heart quests dont even really require much effort and a good amount of them can be done in about a minute, and RARELY does one take more than 5 minutes. This game has some of the most effortless leveling ive ever seen in a game, it comes naturally from just doing anything and exploring and im loving it.

Is no patch notes going to be a normal thing or is it just these patches aren't doing anything significant?

I don't see the point right now. lastnight we had three builds go up in a span of about 30 minutes. I bet when major updates go live they will but with so many restarts so close to launch they wont bother.

khefka

Neo Member
Also just dinged to 10, and after buying my first Trait manual (which I can't use until 11...) I have exactly 0 coin. The game is either brilliantly designed or I have no idea how to make money.
Pretty sure that's by design. I was in the same situation in beta and now in retail. As expected though you start gaining more coin per level soon after, and by 12 or 13 I was back up to around 5 silver.

Ken

Trickery 30 - XI Hastened Replenisment
Shadow Arts 30 - I Master of Deception, V Infusion of Shadow, XI Shadow's Rejuvenation
(this one isn't needed) Deadly Arts 10 or Acrobatics 10 - Fleet of Shadow

Healing Skill
Stealth Heal Thing

Utility Skills
Blinding Powder
Shadow Refuge

Use Cloak and Dagger then your auto attack for good bleed damage.
4 skill for crippling people.
3 skill for getting away from melee if they are tearing you up.

Stealth when in danger.

Be mindful of 3 second stealth CD upon attacking from stealth.

Consider taking Ambush Trap and Ninja Army elite so you can call ninja's to help you out in though situations.

Usually if there's one or two people, you plus your three ninja's should be able to down them with ease.

Save your allies with BLinding Powder and shadow refuge.

Any finishers your enemies try to use on allies will be interrupted if you stealth them.

While stealthed you can then revive your ally before it wears off.

With this build your stealth timei s increased by one second.

Shadow Refuge stealths in the AOE for 10 whole seconds.

Abuse this.

I use it as my last resort trump card.

Watch as people can't kill you because you are stealthed pretty much constantly. You also regen HP while stealthed with this so you still heal even if your heal stealth skill is down.

Oh, is this designed with PvP in mind? I'm not a PvPer. :(

Pretty sure that's by design. I was in the same situation in beta and now in retail. As expected though you start gaining more coin per level soon after, and by 12 or 13 I was back up to around 5 silver.

yeah i spent basically all my money on the manual then next time i bothered to look again i had it all back. have some 50 silver around level 20 without really trying, and i salvage everything now.

Ken

yeah i spent basically all my money on the manual then next time i bothered to look again i had it all back. have some 50 silver around level 20 without really trying, and i salvage everything now.

?

I've been tossing everything. @_@ How do you salvage things?

Ken

I see. This was just from jumping into pvp for a bit. Probably going to go back to PvE since I'm starting to get a bit tired of the PvP.

Do you think it will work in PvE too? I've just been putting my points into the first tree because I was lazy.

fmpanda

?

I've been tossing everything. @_@ How do you salvage things?

Get a Salvage Kit. You should get one from one of your Personal Story quests, well, at least I did. You can also buy one from some of the Profession trainers and some Merchants too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you think it will work in PvE too? I've just been putting my points into the first tree because I was lazy.

everything he said holds true in pve

edit: and we're back

I see LOTS of guild invitations as having been sent now. Any chance they're working?

foladar

And again, my monthly exp without death reset again on the server going down. Guess I'll never get it, thats the 4th reset and this time I was at 92k. fml

Servers back up, woo!

I'm still having garbage performance, unfortunately :( the game doesn't run smoothly, regardless of my settings:

Radeon 6850
AMD Phenom X4 Black Edition 965
16GB DDR3 RAM

weh

Twinduct

Oh geez, went into WvWvW to see if I can help my 'world' a bit. Felt like pray for the hungry hunters. One of the 'worlds' have like 4-5 times the amount of people :/

Absinthe

Couple pics I took tonight:

Absolutely love Lions Arch
iqeFONjqK8Pb8.jpg

Sylvari Vista

And a panoramic for anyone who wants it

One of these days I will get to focus more on pics instead of when I'm just passing the time between levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom