• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
Some hopefully higher quality screens:

iJYhaKI00OSFt.png

iIVter4lerP0N.png

ikENLG5XjCr1d.png

if720JsC3onll.png

ibxpgH2jRp17Hr.png

Woo-Fu

Banned
Oh, I've never really been a fan of crafting in MMOs.

It is decent experience too. Unlike many other games you're not just crafting for the sake of crafting.

buy the salvage kits
salvage everything you can't/won't use

refine the basic materials at the crafting station---which goes very quick, btw.

Get lots of Exp for doing it and end up with stuff that will sell for more than what you started with(I think).

inky

show you some of my pics:

It is only vistas; I don't do much gameplay screens. I've been taking them with the Print Screen button because FRAPS crashes my game (so does mumble for some reason), so sorry in advance for the blurriness/not so good quality. I also must mention that I am using the not so good FXAA game implementation. Again, I don't know why but I can't force AA through the control panel instead.

Twinduct

PM Hawkian the Blade if you're on the spreadsheet.

EU or NA?
If not EU, know of any EU officers? :p

Edit: Using my mystic powers of deduction, I've concluded that you are indeed a NA officer and not a EU one, so please ignore the first question and also the first part of the second question.

Oh geez, went into WvWvW to see if I can help my 'world' a bit. Felt like pray for the hungry hunters. One of the 'worlds' have like 4-5 times the amount of people :/

Apparently winning servers are paired with other winning servers next WvWvW rotation. Things should balance out.

Salacious Crumb

Does having 2 mice make me a bad person? I kinda want to get a Logitech G600 for this game, but I can't give up my Death Adder for FPS's and general windows use.

ExReey

Is there a way to keep track of all dynamic events you've done in a certain region? I'm a completionist, I'd like to do them all before I move on.

Taffer

Is there something to spend spare skill points on? I've already bought everything I'm interested in for now and it looks like I'll have plenty spare later on.

KiteGr

Just read this.
How does this effect an European Standart edition pre-perchase that doesn't seem to be mentioned?

The thing I bought came in a disk case despite having just a code in it, and the paper with the code says that it's the only code I'll need.
Please help get my self at ease...
I dont even remember where I bought it from, let alone keep the receats and stuff.

Love finding all these view points in the game...feels good and shows off the detail that's been put in the game

Just read this.
How does this effect an European Standart edition pre-perchase that doesn't seem to be mentioned?

The thing I bought came in a disk case despite having just a code in it, and the paper with the code says that it's the only code I'll need.
Please help get my self at ease...
I dont even remember where I bought it from, let alone keep the receats and stuff.

Oh and was also miffed by this....I got the retail box copy, which has 2 dvds but I only needed just the one and even that it just downloaded from the internet...So Retail copy is just pointless to be honest apart from the serial code

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Lion's Arch jumping puzzle, the cavern was... Amazing. Best one so far, although it had a few really irritating moments. :p

Ken

Lion's Arch jumping puzzle, the cavern was... Amazing. Best one so far, although it had a few really irritating moments. :p

I am lucky to be a thief with Sword+Dagger shadowstep for jumping puzzles. :p Accidentally fell off? Shadowstep back and try again.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I am lucky to be a thief with Sword+Dagger shadowstep for jumping puzzles. :p Accidentally fell off? Shadowstep back and try again.
I've started using teleport for the puzzles (Elementalist here), but it doesn't always work, even when the platforms are in range.

KiteGr

Oh and was also miffed by this....I got the retail box copy, which has 2 dvds but I only needed just the one and even that it just downloaded from the internet...So Retail copy is just pointless to be honest apart from the serial code

I'm talking about my prepurchase copy.
0508477-500x500.jpg

It was just a box with a card inside. It said on the back that this will be the only serial I'll need. Then, why does this apply only to Eu Standart edition Pre-purchased copys, yet every body alse has to return to the store?...
It makes me nervous.

Kingbrave

0508477-500x500.jpg

It was just a box with a card inside. It said on the back that this will be the only serial I'll need. Then, why does this apply only to Eu Standart edition Pre-purchased copys, yet every body alse has to return to the store?...
It makes me nervous.

You sure it doesn't mean that it's the only code you will need fore the BWE's, stress tests, and 3 day head start?

JonCha

I feel like there is a negative campaign in select quarters against Guild Wars; people are saying the game will die within the month. And when folks like Jeff Gertsmann are dismissive of the game, however annoying, people go completely mental. I get you're enjoying the game (like myself), though why do people care about what a few people think?

My view is ArenaNet managed to last with a sizeable population for seven years with Guild Wars. Guild Wars 2 is a better game completely, so why won't it last for at least the same amount of time while having greater popularity?

0508477-500x500.jpg

It makes me nervous.

Ah right...I just bought mine at the shop yesterday and had 2 DVD's, one in the DVD case and one inside a cardboard slip which includes a peelable label that shows the serial code. Just so odd that we even need the 2nd DVD is beyond me as i never used it whatsoever in the games installation

KiteGr

You sure it doesn't mean that it's the only code you will need fore the BWE's, stress tests, and 3 day head start?
It's writen both on the back of the box and on the card.

Edit: Stupid imageshack resized my image.
See if you can make out what I'm talking about.
If not, I'll try re-uploading them.

Ah right...I just bought mine at the shop yesterday and had 2 DVD's, one in the DVD case and one inside a cardboard slip which includes a peelable label that shows the serial code. Just so odd that we even need the 2nd DVD is beyond me as i never used it whatsoever in the games installation

I also have the disc version and my game installed from both discs just fine. The only thing I had to download was a 2,5 gb patch. It could be that you already had the gw2 installer installed, in that case when you insert the disc, the installer just boots up and starts downloading the game.

Violet_0

Banned
I guess the guild is full already? My account is on that spreadsheet, but I still don't know who to contact (second post hasn't been updated yet)

Also, I'm playing on another server atm, so I gotta ask again as it's kind of important to me - do we already know when we have to pay for server switches?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I guess the guild is full already? My account is on that spreadsheet, but I still don't know who to contact (second post hasn't been updated yet)

Also, I'm playing on another server atm, so I gotta ask again as it's kind of important to me - do we already know when we have to pay for server switches?
Server transfer are still free. And the guild is far from being full, but the invites are still bugged it seems.

I also have the disc version and my game installed from both discs just fine. The only thing I had to download was a 2,5 gb patch. It could be that you already had the gw2 installer installed, in that case when you insert the disc, the installer just boots up and starts downloading the game.

Ah yeah i forgot about that. It did say in only had about 50,000 odd files to be added so i guess its not as large then a full install from scratch?

foladar

There's apparently level 80 items you can buy for like 15 silver when you choose a faction? The Vigil one was in Gendarren Fields and the other faction was in Deadend Cave in Bloodtide Coast (in the Chantry of Secrets).

edit: the items are preciison/toughness/condition though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom