• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some screenshots from tonight. I mapped the screenshot function to my controller to make it easier to take shots.

RhUak.jpg

2aYiv.jpg

c52A2.jpg

mXg3w.jpg

Some of these bosses for events make little sense on how you fight them. They seem to hit everyone and theres little indication of what exactly your supposed to stop or where to dodge too. Whole groups just dying at the same time with no one knowing why. If there is supposed to be some kind of indicators of when to dodge or place to go. Any danger area markers can be next to impossible to see when theres so many people playing with all those combo fields laying on the ground.

At least with cooking you can buy almost all the materials you need. The real crafting professions all take exorbitant amounts of ingredients dropped from enemies, and with the AH down, it's farm or be fucked because you can't just buy them. I leveled cooking farther in 10 minutes than I leveled weaponsmithing in 3 days.

Yea not sure on why the cooking components are so easily obtainable while you have to work hard for the rest.

Acosta

Started as a Sylvary Thief and liked it, very dynamic, but at level 5 I started thinking that my WoW main is a rogue and I will probably play him with Pandaria, do I really want to go with another flavour of the class for GW2?

So I'm trying a human mesmer now. I didn't play Guild Wars but the idea of a illusionist class sound fun and it's something I only can play it here, so I think I will stick with it. Any feedback about the class?

Torraz

Has the "guest" feature already been enabled/added? if so how do I do it? If I select another server the button says "transfer" which sounds like changing my home world entirely.

Deadly

Has the "guest" feature already been enabled/added? if so how do I do it? If I select another server the button says "transfer" which sounds like changing my home world entirely.
Server-transfer is free right now so there's little point to guesting

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So I noticed that after launch people have started to say thanks when revived.

Also noticed that there are now people who complain when no one revives them. During a boss fight one guy got knocked out due to not dodging an AoE blast and just laid there below the boss. I was the only person melee'ing the boss and while doing so the guy is just yelling at me to revive him. I didn't because it would be suicide during this particular boss fight since the boss has several AoE melee attacks.

Afterwards, the guy then proceeds to send me whispers letting me know how much I suck, explaining to me how I'm a newb for not reviving and how more people up = more dps. It's mind boggling because I have several revive achievements and even have the trait that gives boons to people I revive. Didn't bother responding because some people are just nuts.
3 minutes later I saw a revive icon on the map and ran to it, found the guy downed getting beaten by a mob. Stood on his corpse and watched it beat him to death. I'm a horrible person but it was great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I logged into my home PC and got online to try and send some invites. Consensus appears to be still borked.

Afterwards, the guy then proceeds to send me whispers letting me know how much I suck, explaining to me how I'm a newb for not reviving and how more people up = more dps. It's mind boggling because I have several revive achievements and even have the trait that gives boons to people I revive. Didn't bother responding because some people are just nuts.
3 minutes later I saw a revive icon on the map and ran to it, found the guy downed getting beaten by a mob. Stood on his corpse and watched it beat him to death. I'm a horrible person but it was great.
It's... it's beautiful

Levyne

Banned
So I noticed that after launch people have started to say thanks when revived.

Also noticed that there are now people who complain when no one revives them. During a boss fight one guy got knocked out due to not dodging an AoE blast and just laid there below the boss. I was the only person melee'ing the boss and while doing so the guy is just yelling at me to revive him. I didn't because it would be suicide during this particular boss fight since the boss has several AoE melee attacks.

Haha. But yeah I try to grab the downed guys that are reaching out but if they are dead dead then it takes too long unless there's tons of people reviving at once.

vaelic

Banned
Names you should whisper for an invite to the guild. You can't be in overflow when accepting so make sure you are not before whispering.

Ferny: Ferny
Hawkian: Hawkian The Blade
Jira: Gojira
Kayos09: Shadow Kayos
Maxrpg: Ashodin Venteal
Retro: Professor Retro
Warrior_Keoni: Nephenee Reginleif

tell them to get online :)

PS. ferny, have you seen my PM about officer?

Wrekt

So I'm trying a human mesmer now. I didn't play Guild Wars but the idea of a illusionist class sound fun and it's something I only can play it here, so I think I will stick with it. Any feedback about the class?

They are strong at the higher levels, but probably have the weakest low-level out of all of the classes. They just don't seem polished for PvE.

th3dude

Sorry if you all are getting sick of these guild questions, but...

Possible for a person that didn't pre-sign up to get into the guild yet? I joined Stormbluff in hopes of joining you all :)

zlatko

Banned
I'll try to PM someone tonight to get into the guild, but I need to figure out WHICH character I want to do it with so I'm not constantly asking for an invite on fresh characters.

Thinking of making a Human Guardian just to see what all the fuss is about.

Is it viable to play Guardian with dual swords? I feel like that's the way I'd want to play it.

Deitus

I'll try to PM someone tonight to get into the guild, but I need to figure out WHICH character I want to do it with so I'm not constantly asking for an invite on fresh characters.

Is it viable to play Guardian with dual swords? I feel like that's the way I'd want to play it.

Guild membership is account wide. Once you get an invite, all of your characters are members (though you do have to remember to select represent on each character).

Guardian cannot wield dual swords. Only Warrior and Mesmer can do that.

I think once you join a guild with any character, all the characters on your account are in that guild. At least that's how it was in GW 1. It would make sense for them to keep it the same way for this game.

Argh, beaten...

Wag

My retail copy is lost in the mail. For the first time Amazon Prime decided to ship USPS and of course it gets lost at my local post office.:(

zlatko

Banned
Guild membership is account wide. Once you get an invite, all of your characters are members (though you do have to remember to select represent on each character).

Guardian cannot wield dual swords. Only Warrior and Mesmer can do that.

Ah nifty feature!

Too bad about Guardian's lack of dual wield. :(

hiro4

Really hackers?
Havent registered my account for 4 hours and you are already trying to reset my password?
At least wait untill I have chosen a server or made a character.

ArenaNet should introduce two step authentication for GW2. Im not sure if I can take another guild wars account hack.
The previous time I lost all my materials in GW1.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guys, guild invites sadly appear to still be all janky. I haven't gotten anyone to successfully accept an invite.

Roche

Weird, is this problem universal or just associated with the GAF Guild? I only ask because I seem to get guild invites from random strangers just fine.

Deitus

Weird, is this problem universal or just associated with the GAF Guild? I only ask because I seem to get guild invites from random strangers just fine.

Sending invites seems to work. But when you go to accept the invite, it doesn't seem to take. At least that's my understanding of the problem.

Someone tried to apparently reset my password as I received the emails at 5 oclock in the morning EDT, im not too pleased. Less than a week and already they're trying to hack my account? Wtf?

Teknoman

Someone tried to apparently reset my password as I received the emails at 5 oclock in the morning EDT, im not too pleased. Less than a week and already they're trying to hack my account? Wtf?

Same here. As long as you dont really mess with the reset function, you should be ok...but yeah Anet needs to just intro some other form of authentication.

panda21

What's the fuss about human guardian? Is it a fun class? Tempted to make a new one before I continue with my norn ranger.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I am having some issues with not finding anything new to do that is appropriate for my level.

As a human around level 12, I have pretty much exhausted anything in queensdale, but the next area still kicks my ass. I don't know exactly where the to go next, that's kind of annoying. Maybe I levelled too fast or too slow, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom