• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
***ALERT***ALERT***

there was an alert.

gwdowntime2x3qdj.jpg

in case you don't believe it.

Ashodin

Earlier I became one of the very few people in guild who have the full monthly achievement before the month has finished. AWESOME

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Earlier I became one of the very few people in guild who have the full monthly achievement before the month has finished. AWESOME

wow. What did you get for it? the exp thing will probably not allow me to ever do it, but I wanna at least know what I'm missing out on. what did you get?

"wow. What did you get for it? the exp thing will probably not allow me to ever do it, but I wanna at least know what I'm missing out on. what did you get?"

I got 20 mystic stones.

inky

what level are you guys when you start getting Gold? I want another character slot... but not with real money, lol.

At level 50 I pretty much had enough to buy 1000 gems (about 3.5 - 4 Gold). Just be sure you are 100%ing zones.

The downside is I don't have enough for my last trait book yet

Smiley90

what level are you guys when you start getting Gold? I want another character slot... but not with real money, lol.

I broke the "gold" barrier (before trading post went up) just earlier today simply by doing quests and selling shit to vendors, and I was level... 23 I believe at the time. I think that was worth around 400 gems?

bounchfx

I broke the "gold" barrier (before trading post went up) just earlier today simply by doing quests and selling shit to vendors, and I was level... 23 I believe at the time. I think that was worth around 400 gems?

damn! I just hit 21 and I think I have 15 silver... yikes.

Smiley90

damn! I just hit 21 and I think I have 15 silver... yikes.

How? I literally never had the need to buy anything else but gathering tools from vendors... not even karma vendors (although I did buy some accessories/amulets from them). And I don't salvage anything I can sell...

I don't get how so many people are poor..what are you guys spending it on? The only thing I ever spent money on is way points and armor repair oh and the first trait book and that allowed me to have over 3 Gold by lvl 40. Haven't spent any Karma either so that's been racking up. Had to purchase the second trait book so now over 2G. We'll see how high I can get it by lvl 50 when I have to spend 2G on the final trait book, might finally get me low.

Wallach

I don't get how so many people are poor..what are you guys spending it on? The only thing I ever spent money on is way points and armor repair and that allowed me to have over 3 Gold by lvl 40. Haven't spent any Karma either so that's been racking up.

Cooking, waypoints, cultural armor and trait books have been the biggest money sinks for me. It wouldn't be a problem if the TP hadn't been busted the entire time.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't get how so many people are poor..what are you guys spending it on? The only thing I ever spent money on is way points and armor repair and that allowed me to have over 3 Gold by lvl 40. Haven't spent any Karma either so that's been racking up.

Waypoints (the big one), crafting stuff, repairs, occassional WvWvW weapon.

Lord Phol

Well it's the only support weapon really.... thief already got boned on weapon choices so seemed like a good choice... unlogical as it is.

A Torch/light source would kind of fit thieves. I wouldn't mind having sword usable in the off-hand either. The weapons choices are bit limited for thieve as is IMO.

Salvaging literally every piece of gear for crafting mats is what does it for most.

bounchfx

How? I literally never had the need to buy anything else but gathering tools from vendors... not even karma vendors (although I did buy some accessories/amulets from them). And I don't salvage anything I can sell...

I haven't bought anything, but I salvage everything I can. Maybe that's why? I salvage to boost up my crafting.. but maybe I should save that until after I can get another slot? haha. I need to try selling materials on the trading post I suppose!

Yeah I've been getting ripped off by merchants all game but often I care more about inventory space than money. That's partially because I was too derpy to ever get around to going to the bank, finally off loaded a bunch of crap that was wasting space like transfer tonics. So it costs money to craft every time? I haven't touched crafting and don't know that I ever will. I'm not really into experimenting with crafts, I'd rather be able to just look up the ultimate armor and then just work towards getting what I need for it.

Cooking, waypoints, cultural armor and trait books have been the biggest money sinks for me. It wouldn't be a problem if the TP hadn't been busted the entire time.

yeah cooking is expensive for a new character.

So it costs money to craft every time?

No, but certain ingredients have to be bought. Eg. a staple for a beginner in the chef profession is flour, which is 80 copper per 10 units.

Smiley90

I haven't bought anything, but I salvage everything I can. Maybe that's why? I salvage to boost up my crafting.. but maybe I should save that until after I can get another slot? haha. I need to try selling materials on the trading post I suppose!

Yeah I haven't levelled my crafting past 50, I wanna wait until later. Also, low-level mats go for CRAZY amounts of money in the trading post (or at least they did the short time it was up)

Smiley90

Uh... so... before I couldn't access the guild-tab, but was in guild chat and had a tab. Now this is what's happening:

F7B3EAAFB1CA416BAD209DEC082D42F92CF0F58C

there is so much wrong with this... guildchat says i'm not in a guild, guildtab only shows me?

broz0rs

If there is anything that I find a grind in this game is crafting. Mats are a chore to obtain unless you get it from trading.

putarorex

Those are pretty damn useful if you find an awesome rune in a crappy weapon. Salvage the weapon, get the rune, and stick it in a better weapon

I'm almost done with the one I got out of a black lion chest. I've used it to reuse useful upgrades on better weapons/armor. I don't feel like have to save upgrades for higher level gear. I almost wish they had them on the gem store, but the more expensive salvage kits seem like they'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom