• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I seriously don't see how its an exploit by using the karma currency to make crafting materials. Craft the material and sell it to vendor. so fucked up

KePoW

Banned
Well that's gonna get Arena Net a lot of bad press.

I like Kripp cause I'm a D3 player, but I don't think he has as much "public power" as some of the nerds on his Mumble server think.

Kripp is a cool guy but seriously, the other guys in his guild are complete losers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't get how so many people are poor..what are you guys spending it on? The only thing I ever spent money on is way points and armor repair oh and the first trait book and that allowed me to have over 3 Gold by lvl 40. Haven't spent any Karma either so that's been racking up. Had to purchase the second trait book so now over 2G. We'll see how high I can get it by lvl 50 when I have to spend 2G on the final trait book, might finally get me low.

What are you doing to get the money? The heart quests usually give like a silver a piece, the dynamic events give next to no cash, and the junk I find is worth minimal also.

Meteorain

Oh wow I can't seem to login through the client or the website. Invalid password :(

Edit: No worries. It's working now. Changed my password though just in case!

identities have been protected

gw2otterchatwsu95.jpg

edit:

He was banned for an "exploit". Basically, he used karma to buy mats for cooking and then sold stacks of poppers for 25s a pop. Wasn't really an exploit. Pretty lame overall.

i'm confused, isn't that the idea? eg. make shit, sell shit, get dollars?

Welp, glad I'm finally in guild. However, when I try guild chat or bank it says I'm not. I'll just assume part of ongoing issues still and play the waiting game. Good night, all.

"edit: So there was an exploit with jalapeno poppers???"

Not really. You could basically sell your crafted cooking stuff to a vendor. Since all crafting mats with some exceptions are bought from karma merchants, you could turn all of your karma into gold at a pretty absurd exchange rate. To be honest, I think they should've just let it rock or alter the vendor price of cooking products. Gold isn't really the most important currency in this game, karma is.

mats with some exceptions are bought from karma merchants, you could turn all of your karma into gold at a pretty absurd exchange rate.

oh i get it. I can't believe they didn't think of that ahead of time.

I might have to change crafting disciplines :x.

Edit: Nevermind I've decided!

i believe you retain any progress in professions, it just costs a fee to change one of your "active" ones.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
"edit: So there was an exploit with jalapeno poppers???"

Not really. You could basically sell your crafted cooking stuff to a vendor. Since all crafting mats with some exceptions are bought from karma merchants, you could turn all of your karma into gold at a pretty absurd exchange rate. To be honest, I think they should've just let it rock or alter the vendor price of cooking products. Gold isn't really the most important currency in this game, karma is.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I've definitely purchased more things of value with karma than I have with money.

Can't believe they banned people over their mistake :lol.
Exploiting glitches and obviously unintended design flaws is against the Terms of service of pretty much any online game. If people did it then they abused the game's system, they deserved their ban and have no right to complain.

You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars 2 and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en-gb/legal/user-agreements/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct.html

Wanchan

Since you can trade gold for gems, i can clearly see why Arena.net would ban those using this "trick".

etiolate

Banned
Exploiting glitches and obviously unintended design flaws is against the Terms of service of pretty much any online game. If people did it then they abused the game's system, they deserved their ban and have no right to complain.

You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars 2 and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en-gb/legal/user-agreements/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct.html

Don't agree. If its in the system to do, then I assume it's there by design. I cannot read the minds of the developers to tell if their karma to gold exchange ratio is intended or not. If it's there, I assume that it's meant to be there.

"Since you can trade gold for gems, i can clearly see why Arena.net would ban those using this "trick"."

The gold to gem trading is dynamic. Even if people got a ton of gold via this method, it would just change the exchange rate. At worse, they'd just need to hotfix and reset the exchange rate to something more apt for the amount of money people could make.

Don't agree. If its in the system to do, then I assume it's there by design. I cannot read the minds of the developers to tell if their karma to gold exchange ratio is intended or not. If it's there, I assume that it's meant to be there.
Now that's just hypocrisy/acting dumb. Feel free to try and exploit bugs, but don't say you haven't been warned.

Dries

Can you walk in this game? Every video I've seen has characters running, but I would like to be able to walk in towns, instead of run.

"Now that's just hypocrisy/acting dumb. Feel free to try and exploit bugs, but don't say you haven't been warned."

It wasn't a bug. It wasn't an exploit.

etiolate

Banned
Now that's just hypocrisy/acting dumb. Feel free to try and exploit bugs, but don't say you haven't been warned.

How is it a bug? I can't buy one thing with one currency, then sell it somewhere else with another currency. Both are legitimate parts of the game. They are working parts of a system.

How is it a bug? I can't buy one thing with one currency, then sell it somewhere else with another currency. Both are legitimate parts of the game. They are working parts of a system.

I have to say I agree. I don't see how it's any different from selling the greens you get in PvP crates in SWTOR for credits.

The correct fix for this is to issue a patch to decrease the price vendors give for the "offending" item.

"The correct fix for this is to issue a patch to decrease the price vendors give for the "offending" item."

It wasn't even one item. It was all cooking items.

"The correct fix for this is to issue a patch to decrease the price vendors give for the "offending" item."

It wasn't even one item. It was all cooking items.

Then patch them all. It does rather look like the person who got banned got banned for publicizing it. I'm half-OK with that.

God I wish Amazon would deliver my copy of this. Living vicariously through you guys is getting me down.

Wallach

How much was stuff selling for? The crafted cooking material bits sold for total garbage. I don't remember finished items even having a sell value.

"How much was stuff selling for? The crafted cooking material bits sold for total garbage. I don't remember finished items even having a sell value."

For this particular item, it was about 25 silver for a stack of 250. The "exploit" is that you can make thousands of them very easily because the karma price for the material is really cheap (21 karma for a pack of 25 of the core material, the other is bought from the master chef), thus getting several dozens of gold.

"And the cooking stuff is worth the money. Cooking buffs are really good in this game."

Absolutely. Steak and Asparagus is +80 power and +60 precision for 30 minutes. At level 80, that's basically an extra piece of armor's worth of stats.

Torraz

Does Guild Wars make a distinction between primary and secondary professions/crafting skills like WoW, or would cooking occupy one of the two crafting slot skills?

"Does Guild Wars make a distinction between primary and secondary professions/crafting skills like WoW, or would cooking occupy one of the two crafting slot skills?"

The latter, however you can drop a profession at any time and if you come back to it, your progress isn't halted.

etiolate

Banned
Guild stuff is not working for me. Can't upgrade my guild. Can't switch back to reppin the GAF guild. Tell Peter i said GWARRRRGH.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sorry to everyone who wanted to help us with the Crypts, but I've got hit by a strange lag and can't do anything in the game. The guild isn't showing etc.

"Still face down, and at some point yesterday the mail service fell over too. Getting pretty annoyed at this point."

The length at which the social features have been down is definitely irritating. I'm sure a lot of people at ArenaNet are pulling several nights without sleep to get these up, but it is definitely annoying.

Staab

They're struggling quite a bit with the huge player base, been over 5days now and basic functionalities are still not working :
Mail - down
TP - down
Guilds - still half bugged
WvW - ranks/points still half bugged

That's quite a lot of major functionalities not working right :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom