• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferny

Chatbox is horrid. So easy to miss whispers. Go to gafguild.com, sign up, hop in mumble and catch an officer there.

That is also horrid tho since so many choose to go AFK in a non-afk channel.
That's why there is private messages and in game mail (which is down atm) but still. Easy enough to get to us without having the need for instant gratification of an reply.

KePoW

Banned
Dang what the heck... anyone just get kicked out of the game with an "Invalid Password" message? Wonder if I got hacked in the middle of the game?

"Dang what the heck... anyone just get kicked out of the game with an "Invalid Password" message? Wonder if I got hacked in the middle of the game?"

Read above. They're doing maintenance and you might experience disruption of play due to it. Holy shit, did none of you even read the broadcast they sent in game?

It's down for maintenance as mentioned on their fb page and during the game earlier.

GW2 Facebook said:
We will be performing maintenance in one hour (midnight PDT). You may experience some disruption in game play. ~SL

Ferny

SERVERS ARE DOWN GUYS

They announced it several times today and even in game. Please read a couple messages before automatically typing whats going on.

Just happened to me too. I can't log back on now either.

there was a notice like an hour ago about doing maintenance but don't we usually get a few warnings before that happens?

"Dang what the heck... anyone just get kicked out of the game with an "Invalid Password" message? Wonder if I got hacked in the middle of the game?"

Read above. They're doing maintenance and you might experience disruption of play due to it. Holy shit, did none of you even read the broadcast they sent in game?

lol, they went from spamming system messages every 15 seconds the other day to this. that's why I was curious

Atomski

Dear Guild Wars 2 Player,

We have observed a suspicious login to your Guild Wars 2 account from a different country than you normally play from. We believe your account has been accessed by hackers who have harvested lists of account names and passwords from other games and web sites and are systematically typing them into Guild Wars 2 looking for matches.

If you can still access your account, take steps immediately to prevent further intrusion. We recommend that you create a new email address to use solely for your Guild Wars 2 account. And it's vitally important that you use a strong, unique password for Guild Wars 2 that you've never used anywhere else. Make sure your Guild Wars 2 account name and password are unique!

If you can't access your account, contact our customer support team and we'll help you restore access.

See our blog post on this topic for more tips on securing your account.

Thank you,

The Guild Wars 2 Team

I just got this in my email...

I dont understand how it could have happened, gmail texts me when logged into other locations and I havent typed my password since the release date..

Einherjar

Anyone know where to get "Head of Garlic" from a Karma merchant? I checked google, and it tells me to go to the Butcher village in Diessa Plateau but he seems to sell Chili Peppers now and not garlic.

Just woke up. Can't login, guess they're rolling out that 30-60 min maintenance right now :(

I was all ready to grind some gathering, need to level up that Jewelry and Artificing. I find it annoying how for both I still need things like Copper and Wood even at level 50+, although I'm in zones where I only find Iron Ore and Soft Wood. Exploring the starting zones of other races now.

To be fair, I think it's the invalid password thing that's throwing people for a loop. It's kind of a weird kick message.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I dont understand how it could have happened, gmail texts me when logged into other locations and I havent typed my password since the release date..

You know... somtimes the emails themselves are suspicious.

Just got booted too, although it was an error message rather then an incorrect password one. Should the maintenance be causing some strangeness with the game code. I was swimming about in the Norn 2nd area a few minutes before the downtime trying to find poisoned urchins and none seemed to be spawning. The event area was just empty.

There was no broadcast. I've seen them before and would have noticed it. I only learnt about it here.

Heh, just got bounced as well. And I was just in the middle of deciding which items I would destroy too. Oh well, I knew the maintenance was coming, and decided to play until then.

To keep this place going...

I got as a reward for completing an area a Black Lion Salvage Kit. Doesn't seem like something I'll really ever use----or is that foolish thinking?

Just woke up. Can't login, guess they're rolling out that 30-60 min maintenance right now :(

I was all ready to grind some gathering, need to level up that Jewelry and Artificing. I find it annoying how for both I still need things like Copper and Wood even at level 50+, although I'm in zones where I only find Iron Ore and Soft Wood. Exploring the starting zones of other races now.

If the trading post was open this wouldn't be a problem. You could easily buy copper ore from people who don't need it. Alas...as it is, blah.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I did not see any message at all in game. I didn't know until I came on NeoGAF.

I don't know how you didn't. Everyone got it. It was in big yellow writing.

Milly79

I just hope the game doesn't mess up my monthly exp achievement. Was up to 75k already =/

Possibly... I've been boned buying a dye pack and getting a rare White dye and having it stripped away from me because I lost connection. Anything is possible. :(

I didn't see it either. The other day it was obvious, up on the screen, in the chatbox, etc. This time it was just poof.

Yeah, I've seen those annoying alerts before, no such thing happened this time. Maybe because I was in the character window?

Oh well, dinner time anyway.

Piecake

To keep this place going...

I got as a reward for completing an area a Black Lion Salvage Kit. Doesn't seem like something I'll really ever use----or is that foolish thinking?

Those are pretty damn useful if you find an awesome rune in a crappy weapon. Salvage the weapon, get the rune, and stick it in a better weapon

Rarutos

Heh, just got bounced as well. And I was just in the middle of deciding which items I would destroy too. Oh well, I knew the maintenance was coming, and decided to play until then.

What the heck? When did you start playing and why didn't you tell me? O:

Anywho, having lots of fun with the game so far! <3 Mesmer and Ranger

Sorry for not being too active in the Guild by the way, I've been trying to balance between three. Doesn't help that the Represent button doesn't always work when it should... :(

Slavik81

Phishing scams will commonly tell you your account is compromised. Do not use any links given in that email. Navigate to the Guild Wars 2 site and contact support if you're concerned.

Vossler

I rolled a Ranger main in the original gw, but have never had as much fun as in this. BTW, quick tip for rangers, go to the Slyvari starting area and charm yo self a wolf out there....you'll thank me later.

Styles

So I started new character and chose a Charr Guardian, the Human Elementalist didn't do it for me. The Charr running animation kind of won me over, lol.

Dangit, was in the middle of a skill challenge fight when it went down. I was supposed to have 8 more minutes at the time haha Would have been nice to get an estimated length of downtime. Wonder if it will take an hour or longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom