• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engineer rifle actually does a ton of damage by itself. Jump shot does a *ton* of damage and so does Blunderbuss and Overcharged shot. Add that with the grenade toolbelt ability and maybe switch to grenades afterwards (especially when you have the third grenade trait) and yeah, a ton of burst damage. Don't neglect Jump Shot, it is not a GTFO skill, it is a blow-someone-the-fuck-up skill.

Hoo-doo

Banned
2H sword on Guard Human looks fine by me. I do prefer the two handed maces though. You really look like you are cracking skulls with them. :D

Yeah I love the warhammers on human guardian.

It's a shame it's so painfully slow, and mostly single-target damage.

zlatko

Banned
Yeah I love the warhammers on human guardian.

It's a shame it's so painfully slow, and mostly single-target damage.

True, but I found a way to circumvent the slowness, but didn't fully test it. If you time your abilities in between swings, you can keep a stream of damage going it seems. The first 2 swings go quick, then that last one is always a wind up, so if you just time abilities before that 3rd swing you should skip it altogether I believe.

Someone can test to see.

Jack_AG

Banned
Is that one actually up to date?
I'll have to double check some language but at quick glance yes.

Edit 2: Yes. Up to date.

Edit: I'd love to check but every time I try to login and authenticate via email it tells me there was an error with my request. Lovely!

I came home for lunch and decided to log in real quick to do some inventory crafting and HOLY CRAP it's the Shadow Behemoth swamp event. That thing is f*cking huuuuuuuuge! I had no idea what if any good I was doing with my thief, but ended up getting silver rewards nonetheless.

Incredible. :O

erragal

True, but I found a way to circumvent the slowness, but didn't fully test it. If you time your abilities in between swings, you can keep a stream of damage going it seems. The first 2 swings go quick, then that last one is always a wind up, so if you just time abilities before that 3rd swing you should skip it altogether I believe.

Someone can test to see.

The problem is much of the hammer kits power is in its third aa swing so skipping it just punishes you even more. I really like all the functionality hammer guardian brings but that third attack is just way too slow to be usable in any reasonable capacity.

As far as guardian goes there is a pretty definitive ranking for the weapons. Staff is unusable outside of a support switch (and you're giving up a lot even then) , Shield is terrible, Scepter is decent but too much damage is concentrated in attack 2 which suffers against mobile enemies.

Upper tier you have Greatsword for combo potential and decent damage, Sword is a good all around with great raw damage, torch is the damage/aoe offhand, mace is probably the best defensive weapon in the game period, and focus is a much stronger version of the shield. I personally
use Sword/torch and mace/focus. Greatsword has a lot of flash but too much damage is on symbol of wrath and enemies move too randomly to rely on that.

Hammer is borderline great if they just speed up that animation.

Ferrio

Banned
Wish traits were more descriptive "Gain initiative faster when stealthed". Okay.... how much?

Good stats, good looks, and a lot of dye spots per armor for a unique look. And its just in game gold you can make it all back if the trading post comes back.

I really wish cultural had choice of stats. I really don't want vitality and this other stuff... ugh. Do all cultural armors have the same stats for each race?

edit: Nope... damn char has the best stats for me :| Can you transmute stats from pieces you can't wear?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I 100% a town, and got 1 copper and some transmutation stones. Why even give me money at that point.

In location under the guild window, what is the difference between Orange and White?

_woLf

I 100% a town, and got 1 copper and some transmutation stones. Why even give me money at that point.

In location under the guild window, what is the difference between Orange and White?

They probably had to put something in the box for giving money, so you get 1 copper. It's not like 100%-ing a town is exactly hard.

Dreavus

Wish traits were more descriptive "Gain initiative faster when stealthed". Okay.... how much?

Yeah they definitely need to pull the curtain back on some of that stuff. Sometimes you'll get a "increases X's damage by 20%" and sometimes you get a generic "increases condition damage". This goes for some skills (signets on Mesmers in my case) as well as some traits.

So when you transmute, you transmute the looks to the gear with the stats you want and not the other way around?

That's my understanding of it. (might be wrong)
Example: I have my tier 1 cultural and I like it but its getting old and I have some upgrades I can equip. I can transmute the looks of the cultural onto my new gear.

Macattk15

WTF?

I just came home and tried to log on.

It's saying "The email address you entered was not found."

I try to log in to the website "Name provided does not belong to an account."

So what the fuck is going on?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Engineer rifle actually does a ton of damage by itself. Jump shot does a *ton* of damage and so does Blunderbuss and Overcharged shot. Add that with the grenade toolbelt ability and maybe switch to grenades afterwards (especially when you have the third grenade trait) and yeah, a ton of burst damage. Don't neglect Jump Shot, it is not a GTFO skill, it is a blow-someone-the-fuck-up skill.

I realized this the second I got it, at first I was like oh does it only do damage if I travel? no... ok lets see. GAWD DAMN

kn1ves24

Oh good I was thinking I was the only one here that was around level 20 still. Game is so good though, and it seems pretty balanced so it doesn't really matter what level you are.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
So you guys get it! ANet isn't trying to punish those who only rez, they are rewarding those who have a more dynamic approach of the fight.

If rez had the same reward as attacking an enemy, we would see 7/10 people running around rezing downed players and not doing much more.

Since the events become harder the more people participating, it would be hard winning a boss fight (for example) with only 3/10 players attacking it!

In battlefield 3, you get 100 points for rezing and 100 points for killing a single person. of course, if you can combo points for different kinds of kills etc, but over all it can be said rezing = killing in terms of scoring/points.

now, there are people in battlefield who actually run around just rezzing people and nothing else, but when they do that they put themselves in harms way and risk getting killed themselves. i have a friend who sucks at aiming, so he has gotten very good at rezing. thats how he contributes to our squad. the game rewards him for excelling in whats he is good at. can i rez as well as him? no, i end up getting killed as I run to the dead body. so the games mechanics prevent people from doing "nothing else." you have to clear a path to the body in order to rez them successfully or you will fail in your rez and killing the enemy.

same thing happens in GW2. there is a need for constant rezing and killing or else you will either get overrun by mobs or everyone ends up dead because there was no to help rezzing. in a perfect world ( this was said thousands of times in wow theorycrafting) if no one dies, there won't be a need for rezing but realistically people will go down, and there will be a need for people to rez them. when there aren't any dead bodies than the default rezzer can contribute in another manner, but if bodies are dropping left and right, a full time rezzer is necessary.

to say a full time rezzer will not do anything in a fight if there is no one to rez is wrong. a player won't just stand there and wait for someone will die for no other reason then out of sheer boredom. they will auto-attack at the very least if anything. but if a player is not skilled enough to evade/mitigate damage, they should not be punished by the game when there is a whole other mechanic (rezzing) that comes into play. if the game expect players to not die in order to successfully play it, then rezzing will not be in it. rezzing and dying is part of the encounter.

Macattk15

Reposting.

WTF?

Did I get fucking hacked? How do I get my shit back?

KiteGr

When I use my Engineer, I find the grenade toolkit to be WAY OVERPOWERED underwater!
It does tons of damage, it recharges very fast, and unlike the surface, it sends them to the target automatically.

Kingbrave

Reposting.

WTF?

Did I get fucking hacked? How do I get my shit back?

Sounds like it. You should send a support ticket.

Hawk269

Never played guild wars, played a little of WoW, played SWTOR till level 30, played Rift to level 40. I usually lean towards healer/support characters, but mainly healer type classes. So for GW2, which class/race would be best if I traditionally like more healer type classes?

Get a greatsword, embrace the awesomeness.

just did. holy shit, you mow shit dddooooown. And so much colors and shit.

but you know what? the greatsword you buy from vendors is the most shitty looking pos ever.

Also something i noticed, male and female have different autoattack animations for some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom