• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see they still failed to fix the bug where people on your friends list or party can see you through stealth in pvp if they are on the opposing team.

Also they didn't fix getting put on opposite teams.

The only reason people go into pvp together is to play on the same team. So I don't see why they chose to have it put you on opposite teams.

It should be finding games that have room for your party.

BigDug13

So I'm an MMO veteran from Everquest, DAoC, WoW, Planetside, Anarchy Online (limited amount), and never played Guild Wars 1 and haven't really played MMO's in years. The last one I played was WoW which was from Beta all the way up until before the first expansion dropped.

Is this a game I should get? Is it that good?

Ashodin

So I'm an MMO veteran from Everquest, DAoC, WoW, Planetside, Anarchy Online (limited amount), and never played Guild Wars 1 and haven't really played MMO's in years. The last one I played was WoW which was from Beta all the way up until before the first expansion dropped.

It's VERY good. What are you most proficient with? PVE or PVP?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[–]ArenaNetSupportTeam 1 point 42 seconds ago
IMPORTANT NOTE: You've probably already tonight's update: http://redd.it/z44ml Please note that anyone who used the exploit has been flagged. If you used it 1 time or 1,000 times, you have cheated items or wealth in your inventory.
You must delete all gold and items gained through the use of the exploit now, or immediately upon the expiration of your suspension, or immediately upon account reinstatement after you have filed a formal appeal and after your account has been reinstated.
If you gained items on a small scale and were not suspended, consider this episode a very firm warning. Delete the items and gold immediately no matter how many or how few.
In other news, mesmer 2 handed sword mode is fun

Arksy

Well it has no subscription so if it ISN'T to your taste it's not like you have to invest as heavily as some of the others. It's the first MMO that could really be said to be a generational shift away from WoW in terms of design philosophy and build. The fact that the combat is great and deep and the art is phenomenal should sway you.

Don't take our word for it, check some videos!

Ummmm yes get it!

Subxero

I really like it. I played a lot of the same stuff you have. It feels familar but different, in a good way. Personally Im loving the exploration, collecting, and dynamic events. The WvW is fun and reminds me a lit of DAoC and Warhammer. I'm only lvl 26 and there is plenty of different things to do.

On a side note I went to check out the Keg Brawl and had a blast. I played for a little over a hour before I realized it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Even that would piss me off, but the insane amounts im getting on my guy is driving me crazy.

Hmm, would you mind checking the first crafted leather coat on your model? and tell me how tall and what body type you chose? Maybe my guy is too short, or to muscley or something.

Hey Ray, did you get banned or sth? The space where your contact was in my list now only says "..." and no nickname or anything oO

Ugh, I honestly regret crafting, it took me about 1g and 75s just to get to level 75 of armor smithing, and didn't get me nearly as much xp as I hoped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ControllerGW2GAF-

Weltall will very likely make an official update tomorrow, but I've made some, in my opinion, really quite awesome additions to the config and I can't imagine how I'd really improve upon it at this point.

If you simply can't wait til morning, feel free to send me a PM here or in-game and I'll send you my profile. If the AHK script is working, I haven't made any changes to that so you won't need a new one. If it's not (sorry Piecake :'() we still haven't quite worked out the issue on that front, but hopefully we'll figure it out.
Ugh, I honestly regret crafting, it took me about 1g and 75s just to get to level 75 of armor smithing, and didn't get me nearly as much xp as I hoped.
That sounds sort of wrong, tell me you used the discovery pane?

etiolate

Banned
Just hit 30. I was in no rush to level. I was 23 yesterday, and decided I wanted to get to 30 so I could finally try a dungeon. Now I'm a bit too tired for a dungeon. I did go back and 100% Metrica Province.

I had 23 skill points when I hit 30, so I got Moa Bird and the Battle Suit. Here's the odd thing, and tell me if anyone else has this, but I have Mistfire Wolf listed in my first elite tier. I thought that was for Digital Deluxe or CE editions? I just have a normal copy.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
100% Gendarran Fields - leaving me at, I think, level 32. I am so ready for AC this weekend. Even if it's supposed to be really difficult, this will be the first time that I have tried a GW2 dungeon so I am psyched!

Also, I still can't get over how utterly detailed Lion's Arch is. It is the best city not only in the actual game* but in the entire MMO industry**

*I haven't seen every city from GW2 to make this claim

**Nor have I seen every city from any other MMO, let alone play every single MMO in existence

Here's the odd thing, and tell me if anyone else has this, but I have Mistfire Wolf listed in my first elite tier. I thought that was for Digital Deluxe or CE editions? I just have a normal copy.

Could you unlock Mistfire Wolf? Because I think it will still appear under elite skills, but it'll either be grayed out or unclickable because it isn't accessible for those without the DD or CE.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just hit 30. I was in no rush to level. I was 23 yesterday, and decided I wanted to get to 30 so I could finally try a dungeon. Now I'm a bit too tired for a dungeon. I did go back and 100% Metrica Province.

I had 23 skill points when I hit 30, so I got Moa Bird and the Battle Suit. Here's the odd thing, and tell me if anyone else has this, but I have Mistfire Wolf listed in my first elite tier. I thought that was for Digital Deluxe or CE editions? I just have a normal copy.
ya can't buy it. it's a tease, and they got me too :p

hmmmm seems like scepter/dagger or dagger/dagger is the way to go for ele mages for pve.

You do feel a lot more badass going d/d though lol. offhand dagger has some REALLY AWESOME stuff.

poking around with a guardian as well. Surprised that they have so much... midrange capability with sword/torch. Scepter is also quite nice. They really do feel like the complete opposite of my ele in terms of... idk, 'difficulty' required?

Still not sure which to stick with for now :(

btw: no1 ever responds to my questions in guild chat :(

Maybe i'm doing it wrong... but i'm sure i /guild before.... :(

ControllerGW2GAF-

Weltall will very likely make an official update tomorrow, but I've made some, in my opinion, really quite awesome additions to the config and I can't imagine how I'd really improve upon it at this point.

If you simply can't wait til morning, feel free to send me a PM here or in-game and I'll send you my profile. If the AHK script is working, I haven't made any changes to that so you won't need a new one. If it's not (sorry Piecake :'() we still haven't quite worked out the issue on that front, but hopefully we'll figure it out.

That sounds sort of wrong, tell me you used the discovery pane?

Not much until I hit the 50's. But I also didn't mine for very much of it, so i bought the majority of my materials.

Subxero

I'm going to be looking to pick up a heatset/mic for this. Anyone have any recommendations? I've never had a PC set.

I think I'm going to try and set up my 360 controller tomorrow. I feel I would be more comfortable playing with it.

Teknoman

Wtf? Got several emails -

A login attempt from the following location is currently awaiting your authorization.

Address: 175.42.2.135
City: Fuzhou
Region: 07

A login attempt from the following location is currently awaiting your authorization.

Address: 115.173.39.235
City: Kuanchengchen
Region: 30

For security purposes, we alert you each time your account is accessed from an unrecognized location.

And so on. Gold sellers out in full force I see.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm going to be looking to pick up a heatset/mic for this. Anyone have any recommendations? I've never had a PC set.

I think I'm going to try and set up my 360 controller tomorrow. I feel I would be more comfortable playing with it.

People will say various brands and expensive sets I'm sure, but my $7.50 headset from Walmart is fantastic. AND I dont care if I accidentally step on it/roll over it with my chair/break it, haha.

E: Also question about Necros again...I'm level 31 and having a lot of trouble in the 15-25 zones. I don't know if it's gear or skill set...Any general tips/suggestions? Up to now, it's been fine...But I'm taking a LOT of damage and don't seem to kill as quick as others around me.

Smiley90

Just in case this hasn't been posted yet:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/z44ml/karma_weapons_exploit/

looks like they're listening and are offering this ONE time, a conversion of permabans to 72h bans:

Today we banned a number of players for exploiting Guild Wars 2. We take our community and the integrity of the game very seriously, and want to be clear that intentionally exploiting the game is unacceptable. The players we banned were certainly intentionally and repeatedly exploiting a bug in the game. We intended to send a very clear message that exploiting the game in this way will not be tolerated, and we believe this message now has been well understood.
We also believe and respect that people make mistakes. This is in fact the first example of a widespread exploit in the game. With this in mind, we are offering the members of our community who exploited the game a second chance to repair the damage that has been done.
Thus, just this once, we will offer to convert permanent bans to 72-hour suspensions. Should those involved want to accept this offer of reinstatement, contact us on our support website--support.guildwars2.com—and submit a ticket through the "Ask a Question" tab. Please use the subject heading of "Karma Weapons Exploit Appeal", then confirm in the body of your ticket that you will delete any items/currency that you gained from the exploit. You should submit only one ticket. Once you have done so, we will lower your ban to 72 hours, and following your re-activation we will check your account to make sure that you have honored your commitment. If that commitment is not honored, we will re-terminate the account.
This is a first and final warning. Moving forward, please make sure you that when you see an exploitable part of the game, you report it and do not attempt to benefit from it.
We look forward to seeing you in game,
Yours Sincerely,
Chris Whiteside- Lead Producer ArenaNet

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't understand this game.

I find the controls really clunky, the camera absolutely terrible to control, the quest system unappealing, just meh.

I have never played an MMO before, so perhaps the genre just isn't for me, but man, I feel simultaneously overwhelmed by all the shit going on and frustrated by the horrible combat/controls.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

I find the controls really clunky, the camera absolutely terrible to control, the quest system unappealing, just meh.

I have never played an MMO before, so perhaps the genre just isn't for me, but man, I feel simultaneously overwhelmed by all the shit going on and frustrated by the horrible combat/controls.
Yeah, seems like the genre just isn't for you. Except the camera, I think GW2 is much better than other mmos in other areas, including the ones you've listed.

Alex

They need a "Go the hell away" button for the overflow queue, I dont care if i am or am not in overflow since joining works fine now, just shut up already. I keep changing zones every few minutes so I'm always being bombarded with this stuff.

Artanisix

They need a "Go the hell away" button for the overflow queue, I dont care if i am or am not in overflow since joining works fine now, just shut up already. I keep changing zones every few minutes so I'm always being bombarded with this stuff.

God yes.

Ken

Sometimes I wish I had a quest log to clear out while waiting for world events. Probably in the minority though lol.

Hey Ray, did you get banned or sth? The space where your contact was in my list now only says "..." and no nickname or anything oO

Not that I know of, haha.

I was on about 2 and a half hours ago, so it would have had to bee really recently. I will check when I get off work in about 7 hours though, haha.

I'm really sad at the thought of rerolling my ranger now too, but I need to do it fast, or not at all. Damn graphical glitches! Maybe I will play my sexy elementalist for a while.

Subxero

Sometimes I wish I had a quest log to clear out while waiting for world events. Probably in the minority though lol.

I know how you feel. It has become a habit to check check my "to do" list during down time. Now I check the map for POIs, salvage items, and clear my inventory.

Ken

That's how I felt with my first 3D "real" MMO (LOTRO). Takes some time getting used to.

Just do more hearts?

Can I redo the ones I already did? Like, I did most of the ones I can do but the ones that are 3+ level higher than me I leave for later.

Smiley90

That's how I felt with my first 3D "real" MMO (LOTRO). Takes some time getting used to.

Can I redo the ones I already did? Like, I did most of the ones I can do but the ones that are 3+ level higher than me I leave for later.

Youcan go into another zone that has the same level as you? And you can't technically complete them multiple times, but the objectives are still there... So the answer you're looking for is probably no. But there are always other zones.

Ken

Youcan go into another zone that has the same level as you? And you can't technically complete them multiple times, but the objectives are still there... So the answer you're looking for is probably no. But there are always other zones.

Where else would I go as a level 19 Human? I know how to get to Lion's Arch but no idea how to get to the other areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom