• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow, what the fuck. Cooking is the most confusing thing ever. All of the guides I found are useless. Maybe I'll just log off and try grinding out the rest of my level tomorrow. :|

How is it confusing? Take ingrediants... find combos of them... boom recipe. Most the recipes are pretty straight forward too and logical.

Do I use GWI account to log-in to GWII or do I need to make a new account? I logged-in to my NCSoft Master Account, however all the options seem to be about GWI, LII, Aion.

Yaska

Do I use GWI account to log-in to GWII or do I need to make a new account? I logged-in to my NCSoft Master Account, however all the options seem to be about GWI, LII, Aion.

If you linked your GW1 account, then Gw2 shares same details in theory.

Note: If you change your gw2 password, it changes your gw1 password as well.

Alex

I love Norn aesthetics and style and the such, I dig the ol' Norse bit, but my god their narrative fare is like daggers into my brain. Please stop talking about animals, it is driving me up the wall.

Ferrio

Banned
I love Norn aesthetics and style and the such, I dig the ol' Norse bit, but my god their narrative fare is like daggers into my brain. Please stop talking about animals, it is driving me up the wall.

I really wish there's was an option to turn off all the random sound bites. Lots of it gets old very quickly. I really don't want to hear Nolan north repeat the same god damn thing every 5 seconds.

KuroNeeko

How do you guys like Ranger and Thief in WvW? Anything you don't like about it? Seems like Thief has got some significant disadvantages in group fights, though a Ranger with a longbow could sit in the back and do some good damage.

Huh? I thought the consensus was that you specifically could not wear another race's armor. Do you have a screen by any chance? I hate all the human cultural light armor sets so I'd be interested in other race's by default.

EDIT: I was just checking out some other sets. Even the Durmand Priory light-armor stuff is pretty generic, for human at least.

I'm going to be wearing this heritage skin forever, aren't I? :|

LumpofCole is wearing Sylvari cultural armor as an Asura on the previous page! Now I can get that Tier 2 Assassin gear for my Norn!

broz0rs

I'm constantly underleveled, despite going for 100% clear on everything I can before moving on to higher-level hearts. Am I doing something wrong? I'm doing every event I find, sometimes even doing events until I don't get any exp from them anymore, and I'm still three levels under where I should be judging by the hearts on the map. Really frustrating. Should I be grinding or something?

I have the opposite problem in that I'm leveling at a pace where my crafting is so low that it's really useless.

What I'm doing is I just explore places, participate in events, and gather resources that come my way.

My discs arrived.

I rolled a Sylvari Necromancer. And being Sylvari was totally the right choice because just waking up and not knowing what to do or anything about the world is totally how I feel about this game.

Do I like it? Yes. It's fun. It's also really confusing. It's incredibly pretty in some ways (all the options are on max on my PC with >60fps) and less so in others. I'm looking forward to spending my lunch-break doing internet research and clearing up my confusions (which are a result of me playing other MMOs rather than this one being wrong or broken).

Is it the second coming? No. Is it worth getting and playing? Yes. I don't see myself dropping SWTOR for this in the long run at the moment, but we'll see.

I'm gonna roll a Guardian tonight cos that's the other class I'm really keen on.

MadD4mon

Got an email that the email adress of my GW2 has been changed. Problem: I didn't do that. >___> I contacted support immediately, hopefully they will do something about this.

Hackers. Hackers everywhere.

squall23

I'm constantly underleveled, despite going for 100% clear on everything I can before moving on to higher-level hearts. Am I doing something wrong? I'm doing every event I find, sometimes even doing events until I don't get any exp from them anymore, and I'm still three levels under where I should be judging by the hearts on the map. Really frustrating. Should I be grinding or something?
This happened to me in beta, so I learned to interchange and play 2 areas. For example I'm a human, once I get to a heart that's recommended at 1 level higher than mine, I go to the Sylvari area and do hearts there until I'm 1-3 levels higher than my human area quest or story quest.

inter

This happened to me in beta, so I learned to interchange and play 2 areas. For example I'm a human, once I get to a heart that's recommended at 1 level higher than mine, I go to the Sylvari area and do hearts there until I'm 1-3 levels higher than my human area quest or story quest.

Interesting. I'll have to give this a try.

But how do I get to the other starting areas? :eek:

Zaph

So I've decided to ignore my previous experience and try the Engi again.

Can anyone recommend some build/starting tips? During the closed beta I made the mistake of using the very underpowered turrets which made all the content really difficult. Don't really want to repeat that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Interesting. I'll have to give this a try.

But how do I get to the other starting areas? :eek:

1) You can use the Ausura gates from your starting city, to Lion's Arch, then to other cities.
2) Be like me and too cheap to pay the 15 copper to teleport to back to the main city, and instead walk. Yes, this does take several hours.

So I've decided to ignore my previous experience and try the Engi again.

Can anyone recommend some build/starting tips? During the closed beta I made the mistake of using the very underpowered turrets which made all the content really difficult. Don't really want to repeat that.

I like to keep a turret around to draw some aggro, and I like switching between bomb kit and flame thrower kits. I think the riffle is the more effective weapon in the early game, due to the 5th skill being a small AoE, and usually a "Jump On enemy/knock them back" stat works pretty well. The Gun/Shield seems really crappy. If you want to use the pistol, make sure you duel wield them to get access to the last two skills, the 4th skill being really useful.

Uchip

Banned
havent won a single tournament PvP
I dont know if its the team comp or just that we have a random player thats bad every time

eek5

1) You can use the Ausura gates from your starting city, to Lion's Arch, then to other cities.
2) Be like me and too cheap to pay the 15 copper to teleport to back to the main city, and instead walk. Yes, this does take several hours.

You can hit H for hero panel then go to last icon on the left (PvP), go to Heart of the Mists, take the first portal in front of where you spawn to Lion's Arch fand then access asura gates from there or free

inter

Haha, thanks for the info!

inter

You can hit H for hero panel then go to last icon on the left (PvP), go to Heart of the Mists, take the first portal in front of where you spawn to Lion's Arch fand then access asura gates from there or free

More good info! Also, hello from OT. :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Clearly an exploit, and we know ArenaNet's stances with those!

C2E254AB5396C56205D153C0C163CE2C477DC361

Currently doing office work....

derdriu

I'm a newb, so noob question on the way, and I'm sure some palm face reactions.
I was playing last night and trying to join a friend's game, but we both couldn't work out how to get to each other.
We're both on the same server but 2 diff starting areas. We spent most of our time on overflow servers though, is this the reason we couldn't join each others game?

yarden24

well I got guild wars yesterday, after loving the first one, and I gotta say, its hugely disappointing so far...

I mean it just seems like a run of the mill MMO now, the max level is 80 instead of 20, you're character isnt nearly as customizable as in the first game, hardly any skills, and the silly thing where 5 of your skills are determined by your weapon, its just so disappointing =/.

am I missing something? except for the less instancing part, I honestly do not like any of the changes...

Dunlop

The trading Post was up long enough for me to upgrade my weapons and armor.. But crashed before I could do accessories. Still a huge difference.

While slow as hell atm, I'm loving the tp interface

Hackbert

I'm a newb, so noob question on the way, and I'm sure some palm face reactions.
I was playing last night and trying to join a friend's game, but we both couldn't work out how to get to each other.
We're both on the same server but 2 diff starting areas. We spent most of our time on overflow servers though, is this the reason we couldn't join each others game?

if it works, the game puts you both in the right (overflow) server . But most the time this week, it´s utterly broken. Try to right click on the black face image in the group menu and try to travel to him ( don´t know the english menu term)

OK gaf have Anet said anything about 1) Guest passes and 2) When free server transfers stop?

EDIT: WOW just put on GW2 and EVERY server minus 3 is FULL! That is madness and it's only 8am EST

derdriu

if it works, the game puts you both in the right (overflow) server . But most the time this week, it´s utterly broken. Try to right click on the black face image in the group menu and try to travel to him ( don´t know the english menu term)

I'm sure we tried this and that option was not there, but i'll check again, thanks

OK gaf have Anet said anything about 1) Guest passes and 2) When free server transfers stop?

EDIT: WOW just put on GW2 and EVERY server minus 3 is FULL! That is madness and it's only 8am EST

Yeah I was wondering about this, has there been a decision made if GAF will transfer to another US and EU server with lower population?

also:
11.png

Orayn

The initial timeframe was a week or two after launch. Not sure if that's still the case, but they're planning to end free transfers and turn on guesting when server populations stabilize.

Currently level 18 (I abandoned my previous characters at levels 23 and 21), and the next story mission is for level 22. At this point, leveling up feels outright tedious and running after heart quests (while waiting for dynamic events to kick in) just isn't fun. I don't know what to do anymore.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm sure we tried this and that option was not there, but i'll check again, thanks

Yeah I was wondering about this, has there been a decision made if GAF will transfer to another US and EU server with lower population?

also:
11.png

That is from 4 months ago from a Bet event.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Repost!

Question about Necros again...I'm level 31 and having a lot of trouble in the 15-25 zones. I don't know if it's gear or skill set...Any general tips/suggestions? Up to now, it's been fine...But I'm taking a LOT of damage and don't seem to kill as quick as others around me.

Sephon

Experienced a cute moment this morning while exploring a cave and getting wasted by 2 veterans.
Another player popped up and starting fighting the veterans and a bunch of mobs at the same time as she tried to res me.
So after a few minutes of fighting she actually won and resurrected me and I thanked her and informed her of how impressed I was by her fighting.

So she asked me if I was an NPC because she didn't know that other players could say stuff like that.
I realise this is how it generally is in most MMO-communities but believe and hope that most people are pretty decent in this game.

So has anyone else who uses a controller had any problems since the last patch? I haven't been able to make it work at all this morning and it worked fine last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom