• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
^and they do so much more damage than my poor glass-cannon Mesmer

Recommend Metrica Province (take the gate to Rata Sum).

though I noticed that you get relatively little experience in starting zones when you go there at I higher level. I wouldn't recommend doing it with level 20+ characters unless you just want to explore the zone.

Kessex Hills and Caledon Forest have been my favorite zone so far, Highlands was the one I leveled the fastest in (huge group events and 100+ xp for many of the mobs there)

and what's up with the Dredge Revolution in Snowden Drifts? Is it a high-level dungeon? Isn't the loading screen artwork from a city of the ice bear race?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
though I noticed that you get relatively little experience in starting zones when you go there at I higher level. I wouldn't recommend doing it with level 20+ characters unless you just want to explore the zone.
Odd, have not had that experience at all. Doing events in any zone I hadn't been to before even at level 30 seems to get me quite good xp.

Pretty insane that they stopped selling the game on their site to help curb server load.

I'm constantly underleveled, despite going for 100% clear on everything I can before moving on to higher-level hearts. Am I doing something wrong? I'm doing every event I find, sometimes even doing events until I don't get any exp from them anymore, and I'm still three levels under where I should be judging by the hearts on the map. Really frustrating. Should I be grinding or something?

Same for me.

Make sure you are keeping up with your story quests, gather everything from any nearby nodes as you are exploring and doing events, and make sure to choose two crafting professions and start making stuff. I am constantly over leveled for any area that I go to. I am about to hit level 27 and I'm only about 50% done with Kessex, a 15-25 zone.

As Kirby said, you can also hit the other starting cities and zones pretty easily from Lion's Arch and do those events if you are still feeling behind. Level scaling is amazing and you will still get appropriate rewards for your level, not to mention a lot of useful crafting materials.

On top of that, you could always hop into WvWvW for a couple hours and get a bunch of experience that way.

Violet_0

Banned
Odd, have not had that experience at all. Doing events in any zone I hadn't been to before even at level 30 seems to get me quite good xp.

I did some PvE in the Charr starting zone while waiting for an AC group and I leveled extremely slowly there. Also, mobs in low-level zones get killed way more frequently and give you less xp

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, the events in starting zones give around 400 xp, while the ones in 25-35 etc. give 3 times that iirc.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Guess the hackers have progressed from Password Resets to full-on KNOWING MY FUCKING PASSWORD. Just got this from Arenanet:

fuck me said:
A login attempt from the following location is currently awaiting your authorization.

Address: 116.209.194.146

City: Enshi
Region: 12

This location is approximated based on information provided by your Internet Service Provider. If in doubt, deny the request and try again.

For security purposes, we alert you each time your account is accessed from an unrecognized location. To authenticate this login attempt, please click the link below:

I have an extremely hard to guess, long-ass password, which I just changed yet again due to the past few days worth of reset attempts.

eek5

Well, the events in starting zones give around 400 xp, while the ones in 25-35 etc. give 3 times that iirc.

I don't know about 25+ areas but 1-15 is 400-500 I think and 15-25 is ~800-950 so you get half the xp.

I think all the XP for gathering and stuff is less as well since it's based on zone level afaik

zlatko

Banned
Last night was a great time for me with the game.

Guardian is a blast. Human story I have going on is interesting and challenging.

Tried standard PvP and had a really fun time with it over WvW. Getting first place in various things often and went on some rampages. Was confused slightly by the armor thing though in it...wasn't sure if things were worth swapping for armor/accessories. I did swap weapon on my GRD for sPvP to sword + torch.

Oh and I got in the GAF guild finally wooh! :D

Warriors are the best overall class in the game, if a little vanilla. They have a large variety of viable builds across all possible roles and pretty much all of their weapons are useful.

Is this just because people aren't sure how to deal with them yet? I remember the Warrior in PVP in WoW was "overpowered" but we could get locked down by any smart team pretty quickly.

I found the Warrior OK to play. It didn't click as much and I'm enjoying the survivability of the Guardian. I loved the greatsword but the attacks were so limited, the 4 attack (whichever one drops the arrow on the ground) was almost worthless in many encounters. It was only useful in large groups and there was never a reason to go charging into a group of 8 people/mobs lol.

I wish they had more utility coupled with their damage but maybe I just need to unlock skills?

I switched to Guardian hoping to get that Scorpion pull move but I find it's extremely limited and would need a pairing with a binding partner to really work so I may switch back to my Warrior.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Guess the hackers have progressed from Password Resets to full-on KNOWING MY FUCKING PASSWORD. Just got this from Arenanet:

I have an extremely hard to guess, long-ass password, which I just changed yet again due to the past few days worth of reset attempts.

This happened to a friend of mine as well. ArenaNet might be in some trouble here.

j-wood

I have a question about an item if you guys can help

I just 100% my starting zone and got some green gloves as a reward. In the upgrade slot, it has a "Minor rune of lyssa (0/2)"

When I equipped the gloves, they bound themselves to my char, and it changed to "Minor rune of lyssa (1/2)"

Below that, it looks like I now have the first effect it adds, but the second one is still greyed out. How do you unlock the second effect?

th3dude

That awkward moment when you realize there is a special bank for crafting materials and you've been struggling with stuffing crafting mats in bags for almost a week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have a question about an item if you guys can help

I just 100% my starting zone and got some green gloves as a reward. In the upgrade slot, it has a "Minor rune of lyssa (0/2)"

When I equipped the gloves, they bound themselves to my char, and it changed to "Minor rune of lyssa (1/2)"

Below that, it looks like I now have the first effect it adds, but the second one is still greyed out. How do you unlock the second effect?
You add your very own rune!

A two slot glove at that level is pretty awesome and rare in my experience btw.

Hoo-doo

Banned
That awkward moment when you realize there is a special bank for crafting materials and you've been struggling with stuffing crafting mats in bags for almost a week.

You can also send them to that bank from anywhere in the world by clicking the cog wheel icon in your bags. It's awesome.

j-wood

You add your very own rune!

A two slot glove at that level is pretty awesome and rare in my experience btw.

But i don't think it's a 2 slot. There is no "unused upgrade slot".

There is a second effect listed, but it's greyed out, and the run in it says "Minor rune of lyssa (1/2)"

th3dude

You can also send them to that bank from anywhere in the world by clicking the cog wheel icon in your bags. It's awesome.

!!!

Holy crap. I know that they've done tons of things to take out a lot of the typical MMO grind stuff, but still discovering stuff like this a week later is awesome.

Ashodin

There is a second effect listed, but it's greyed out, and the run in it says "Minor rune of lyssa (1/2)"

you put a rune of the same type (or transmute) in another piece of gear, they link up and you get the second effect.

eek5

You probably know about this by now but just in case you don't:

kbJJp.png

You can send all the mats in your bag straight to that collectibles tab with the gear icon submenu

It's like a "set" bonus. If you get the same rune and slot it into another piece you're wearing you'll get both.

th3dude

kbJJp.png

You can send all the mats in your bag straight to that collectibles tab with the gear icon submenu

It's like a "set" bonus. If you get the same rune and slot it into another piece you're wearing you'll get both.

I did not. Now I want to go home and play... right....now.

Can you do this with 'unrefined' materials? Like ores and wood?

It's pretty lame some people have access to the TP but most don't. They have a huge advantage by being able to sell their mats for a premium when the prices are still fresh and the market not saturated. Either have the TP up for everyone or take it down for everyone, not 15% get it and the other 85% don't.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can you. I thought you just wear another item with same name. Also don't add a gemstone on top of a rune without reading. Lost a good all stay boost one for being dumb
Ooh, you're quite right. I misread, I thought it was saying 1/2 slots. That is a set piece indeed.

So looks like my password problems were of my own doing. That's what I get for changing a pw on a phone that blacks it out and has auto correct.

As for the bans, good on ANet. Screw those people who see an error and then take advantage of it like their some clever SoB. If you don't drop the hammer on em now then every new build people will look for exploits or mistakes to take advantage of. The whole community is better off if people report bugs and mistakes rather than abusing them.

I know he will just make a new account and play again but I for one am glad that this happened.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's pretty lame some people have access to the TP but most don't. They have a huge advantage by being able to sell their mats for a premium when the prices are still fresh and the market not saturated. Either have the TP up for everyone or take it down for everyone, not 15% get it and the other 85% don't.
Actually, prices are dirt cheap right now. On Stormbluff anyway.

kbJJp.png

I hope they fix or implement something so that minipets don't go into collections because I don't use that option as I always use my minipet cat.

Dunlop

I hit level 34 last night when I realized you could equip skills underwater. I thought they were just greyed out and you could only use your weapon.

I DIED SO MANY TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I kill anything that is underwater without discrimination

I'm constantly underleveled, despite going for 100% clear on everything I can before moving on to higher-level hearts. Am I doing something wrong? I'm doing every event I find, sometimes even doing events until I don't get any exp from them anymore, and I'm still three levels under where I should be judging by the hearts on the map. Really frustrating. Should I be grinding or something?

try doing some crafting, gathering to sell or craft and WvW. All of that gives you xp, I've gained ~5 levels for 100% all 4 WvW maps and that doesnt include all the mats ive gotten there

bardia

What are some simple ways of making money in this game? I've been mining, salvaging all my items I Don't use etc. but I haven't but them to use yet and I'm dead broke. Do I vendor all the items or are there other ways to make money?

Proven

Now I'm mad at both sides of the debate.

Warriors are the best overall class in the game, if a little vanilla. They have a large variety of viable builds across all possible roles and pretty much all of their weapons are useful.
Agreed. Warrior is so fun. While difficult, it's very possible to just pick any two trait lines that complement your favorite weapons and go to town.

Mesmer actually has one of the most powerful spvp builds right now. Going very tanky with a focus on phantasms.
Hmm, that sounds fun.

Picked up the game yesterday, starting to play today. Now for the absolute hardest part of any game for me, deciding on race and class. I think I've narrowed the classes down to either Guardian, Thief, Engineer or Mesmer. Races, I'm not sure. I made a character and watched the opening movie for each race and my favorite choice I made was for humans:
Biggest regret not joining a circus.
Spoiling even though it's in character creation because it was a funny surprise to me.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Anyone notice that the bloom is a bit excessive in some areas? I'm talking about the early Sylvari areas on the beach for example. It's burning my damn retinas :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom