• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

Lucky you, I got hacked the same day no response yet.
I know I was quite surprised to get a response that quick.

It really is scary. I will probably go with something like 1password to help out. I should invent 1email, that I would have a main account that only I would know, and multiple random email addresses under the account, one for each website/service.

It is kind of ridiculous to have to use a new email for guild wars 2 (and possibly many other things), along with 2 step verification, and any other security features one might be able to use.

Do I really need to use 5748iio819@%*)@gmail.com as my account email, with a random string of numbers/letters/symbols as a password for guild wars 2?
You don't need to put random stuff, just something Not linked to GW2. for example it shouldn't be like this obviously MyGW2@whatever.com

It's mainly the GW2 password that needs more numbers than letters. like 444s495u32292w something like that.

FinKL

Gsword vs hammer for guardian

Hmmmm.

What are y'alls thoughts for 2h damage?

They both seem really viable in different ways.

Gsword.

Whirlwind is great, and the "get over here" skill to keep them in place is awesome. I guess I like the DPS route better more than knockbacks

Mats, yes, but you have to bank components, which you can only do from stations and banks themselves.

Why would you craft components and then store them? If you're concerned about bank space, shouldn't you only craft components that you intend to immediately craft into an item?

Actually, why would anyone ever craft components they're not about to use in an item? What's the point?

Kikarian

Ahh, I love being a Ranger but my pets get in the way and cause me to revive them all the time. I wish they could last longer. When in PvP, there health isn't high enough so they can't last many attacks from a level 80 person.

KingKong

man my bags are almost always empty since I deposit/salvage/bank everything, but my bank is all full (thanks to the crafting parts that dont go in collections)

inky

Is salvaging useless equipment better than selling it at the store?

I would say so, yes. If TP was up you'd be able to compare the price of potential materials gained versus the coin that the vendor gives you (mats win almost always). What I do is salvage whites and blues, and use greens and yellows in the mystic forge. I also always have one of the good kits if I'm felling like trying my luck salvaging good items.

Ferrio

Banned
I would say so, yes. If TP was up you'd be able to compare the price of potential materials gained versus the coin that the vendor gives you (mats win almost always). What I do is salvage whites and blues, and use greens and yellows in the mystic forge. I also always have one of the good kits if I'm felling like trying my luck salvaging good items.

TP prices are rock bottom right now on almost everything. Most things are selling 1 copper above vendor price.

Ok, seriously, why are you crafting components you're not using? There has to be something I'm not understanding here...

Unfortunately you need to do that for cooking.

Whoops I totally missed this mystic forge thing and have been salvaging all my greens. What do I need to put into it and what do I get out with greens?

Damn phone I never know if I am double posting

Unfortunately you need to do that for cooking.

Ok, I hadn't thought about cooking. Is this because you need to speculatively make components before you know what recipes they can be used in? It still seems like if you have so many cooking components that your bank is full, there have to be at least some recipes that can be discovered by combining them...

inky

TP prices are rock bottom right now on almost everything. Most things are selling 1 copper above vendor price.

Well, I wouldn't know as I can't see it. The short time it was yesterday I sold many a jute scrap/copper ore at stupidly high prices.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
man my bags are almost always empty since I deposit/salvage/bank everything, but my bank is all full (thanks to the crafting parts that dont go in collections)

My bank is full of a bunch of random food that no longer has any value.

mackattk

Well, I wouldn't know as I can't see it. The short time it was yesterday I sold many a jute scrap/copper ore at stupidly high prices.

I got so much copper ore as I don't use them for my professions. Can't wait to unload them onto the market to build up a little bit of gold.

KingKong

Ok, seriously, why are you crafting components you're not using? There has to be something I'm not understanding here...

cooking materials, and also stuff like insignia and other crap required for discovery/recipes

Ok, I hadn't thought about cooking. Is this because you need to speculatively make components before you know what recipes they can be used in? It still seems like if you have so many cooking components that your bank is full, there have to be at least some recipes that can be discovered by combining them...

I could combine them for discovery, but they require high cooking skill (100+)

I got so much copper ore as I don't use them for my professions. Can't wait to unload them onto the market to build up a little bit of gold.

Yea copper is stupid overpriced like 20c per single ore piece lol I need a few more to level jc but I loled at the AH prices. Instead I went on my lvl 10 alt and got a stack of ore in 10 min of farming.

Torraz

My weapon switch is on my mouse, since it's something that should be used often in combat (unless your thief.... like me).

Whoa. I'm not sure what happaned, but I totally neglected to bind any skills to my mouse buttons... Thanks a lot for the reminder ^^.

Ferrio

Banned

There is... but components are used in tons of different recipes. So you always need one on hand just to see if it works. Unless you know for a fact it's no longer needed.

ttocs

Ahh, I love being a Ranger but my pets get in the way and cause me to revive them all the time. I wish they could last longer. When in PvP, there health isn't high enough so they can't last many attacks from a level 80 person.

I've found this too. Some pets last longer in PvE but in PvP they seem to drop pretty fast.

Complistic

Sylvari cultural armor is totally worth it.

LP7Eq.jpg

Complistic

I love their armor. I made a sylvari necro recently just because I like the way they look and the armor is almost like an extension of them.

yap, that's a necro in the pic. the green glow works so well with that profession. Though the glow they have in general was just an awesome idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom