• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish my mind could just settle on a character to main but it's never easy for me. Trying to decide between Asura Guardian and Norn Engineer. Or maybe a mesmer or thief something. Gah.

blackflag

What's with some of these "hard" bosses not dropping anything at all. Is it a bug?

Me and another GAF member killed a Harpy in a cave with a bunch of random people and the body just disappeared.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's with some of these "hard" bosses not dropping anything at all. Is it a bug?

Me and another GAF member killed a Harpy in a cave with a bunch of random people and the body just disappeared.

This has happened to me numerous times. We killed a giant (huge group of us) and got nothing, killed some other huge mega boss, got nothing (in a cave near the floating castle)...It's lame.

Sucks so much to not be able to play :(

Hoping I'll get my account back within 24h, if it takes longer than that then I hope I get compromised in some way.

Which reminds me....I had 4000 gems on that account :/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Hoping I'll get my account back within 24h, if it takes longer than that then I hope I get compromised in some way.

I would hope they reimburse you for these if shit hits the fan. That would suck...

mackattk

Hoping I'll get my account back within 24h, if it takes longer than that then I hope I get compensated in some way.

Fixed that for you, kind of laughed though
but it really isnt anything to laugh about

I am sure they will get you fixed up. It really is scary how fast these hackers work. Official release day has been what? 3 days?

LProtag

Man, the hard thing about elementalist is I'm still not finding a way to making rapidly switching attunements comfortable.

I've got them set to shift+1,2,3,4 right now.

Why?

I thought so too, but someone earlier in the thread said it wasn't... and there was a screenshot of someone wearing their other race...

Do you have the screenshot? I looked and all I saw was an Asura in Asura gear but it may be the wrong SS everybody is talking about.

Man, the hard thing about elementalist is I'm still not finding a way to making rapidly switching attunements comfortable.

Do you have a mouse with many buttons? Naga or G600 work wonders with MMO's. Especially for me because modifiers have always been my weakness. I can't hit shift+ something for a damn unless I'm just typing. I recently purchased a G13 specifically because of it. At least in WoW almost all my moves were macro'd for stances on my Warrior so I had had to double tap an abiilty to change stance and then cast.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is salvaging useless equipment better than selling it at the store?

You don't want to salvage greens unless you have the better salvage kits that can get the runes out, you should sell or salvage blues depending if you need money are crafting stuff.

"Man, the hard thing about elementalist is I'm still not finding a way to making rapidly switching attunements comfortable.

I've got them set to shift+1,2,3,4 right now."

You could be a freak and switch to ESDF.

You could be a freak and switch to ESDF.

A freak or the next stage of human evolution? I esdf for all games, having the qaz column is super handy.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get right mouse to stop acting like an interact or double click?

I keep getting dialog when I just want to turn, is that just me? Super annoying in fights.

Sinistral

WASD movement here. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 main abilities. ` is weapon swap. ~ (Shift `) is healing. Shift 1, 2, 3, 4 for the buttons above main. Q, E, R for my kits. Shift 5 for elite. Luckily there are not a lot of things to bind like in Wow... jesus, that brings back painful memories.

Trading Post tease last night... brutal.

Thought quick casting area spells was a great option. I found I constantly lost my mouse in the mayhem of camera movment and spell effects. Discovered you can still aim with the mouse but hit the area ability again to cast it (alternative to clicking with the mouse) with the default option. Like this solution much more. Thanks whoever mentioned it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there a way to make the key-bindings character specific instead of account specific?
Gonna have to wager it's a big no on that. Can't imagine how confusing that would get- but I think there are keyboards that would switch profiles for you if you're interested in pursuing this.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
WASD movement here. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 main abilities. ` is weapon swap. ~ (Shift `) is healing. Shift 1, 2, 3, 4 for the buttons above main. Q, E, R for my kits. Shift 5 for elite. Luckily there are not a lot of things to bind like in Wow... jesus, that brings back painful memories.

Trading Post tease last night... brutal.

Thought quick casting area spells was a great option. I found I constantly lost my mouse in the mayhem of camera movment and spell effects. Discovered you can still aim with the mouse but hit the area ability again to cast it (alternative to clicking with the mouse) with the default option. Like this solution much more. Thanks whoever mentioned it.

Same setup as me for the most part.

I've finally started to get used to attunement swapping using shift 1, 2, 3, 4. It took me a while to finally memorize what each button did in each attunement for my 2-hand staff. It makes me want to not try any other weapons anymore.

chiablo

My Naga has been one of the greatest investments in gaming I've ever made, hands down.

I got the wife one of these to play Guild Wars with:

1151579025_1297249740_o.jpg

Changed her life.

Won

Hit level 20 with my Thief. I like the class, but really don't feel putting 60 more levels into it. Kinda weird. :/

Time to finally focus on other classes.

Fixed that for you, kind of laughed though
but it really isnt anything to laugh about

I am sure they will get you fixed up. It really is scary how fast these hackers work. Official release day has been what? 3 days?

My guess is that arenanet has a really bad security system. This is the first time something like this happened to me.

And this is on a brand new installed computer that was mostly just made to play this game, I was barely browsing on the internet with it. So how could they do it? Thats what I want to know

Ok so I am stumped with tailoring.

Leather, blood, and bone chips can be used in Tailoring. However, in the discovery section the game will not allow me to use them. I can only use them with known recipes for some odd reason.

Woah, I dig the brush scheme. I prefer my 12 button version, but I wouldn't mind a custom paint job on it, ha.

Can I get a link to your mouse? My 5 button mouse just isnt doing it.

Ferrio

Banned

Leather, blood, and bone chips can be used in Tailoring. However, in the discovery section the game will not allow me to use them. I can only use them with known recipes for some odd reason.

You use them to create components who are then used in discovery.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Can I get a link to your mouse? My 5 button mouse just isnt doing it.

Tailoring is annoying. I dropped it for cooking for now.

Also this:

razer_naga_mmo_mouse_news-s400x486-67716.jpg

At first, it's a bit odd getting used to the lower two rows of buttons. The package includes some dots you can stick to the middle buttons to indicate where you on the num pad, but I left them off. After a day or two of avoiding the num line, I became addicted to the damn thing. I wish I had it when I raided in WoW.

Product page! Naga

Stuart444

God. How many tickets can they fucking have?

22 hours since I submitted mine ...

A LOT

Seriously, I waited a short time for my first ticket during the early hours of head start...

after that, the second reply to that ticket took a week. Though some have had less wait times than that.

Another ticket of mines is taking about 3 - 4 days now I believe.

chiablo

Yup. It's amazing how much it changes MMOs.

I'm serious though. It's amazing.

Although the wife loves it, I'm not a huge fan. I use a claw grip and have become so comfortable with my G9 (greatest mouse ever made ever) that I have a hard time with a palm grip mouse like the Naga.

Macattk15

A LOT

Seriously, I waited a short time for my first ticket during the early hours of head start...

after that, the second reply to that ticket took a week. Though some have had less wait times than that.

Another ticket of mines is taking about 3 - 4 days now I believe.

Wow.

I will be so pissed off if I can't get any Guild Wars 2 in over this long weekend because it takes them so fucking long.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Although the wife loves it, I'm not a huge fan. I use a claw grip and have become so comfortable with my G9 (greatest mouse ever made ever) that I have a hard time with a palm grip mouse like the Naga.

My brother uses a G7 or G9 since he plays a lot of CS/SC2/LoL/etc games that AREN'T MMO style buttons. He said he preferred the Naga to his new G-series for MMOs, but the G-series for everything else. I think it's largely based around what style of games you find yourself playing more of.

And regarding that Logitech mouse - it's pretty much a copy/pasta of the Naga. I imagine it's just as good, but it looks a bit bulkier and I don't know if I'd like it nearly as much. That being said, my Naga is golden and has treated me well enough where I'd recommend it to anyone (and buy a new one if mine ever ate shit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom