• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

RotBot

Ok so I am stumped with tailoring.

Leather, blood, and bone chips can be used in Tailoring. However, in the discovery section the game will not allow me to use them. I can only use them with known recipes for some odd reason.

If you've discovered everything, then you can't use them in discovery anymore. The only things you can discover with bone chips and blood are insignias.

If you want to cheat, http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/tailor?sort=requiredrating

Reikon

Gonna have to wager it's a big no on that. Can't imagine how confusing that would get- but I think there are keyboards that would switch profiles for you if you're interested in pursuing this.

It's not unheard of. Tera has character-specific keybindings, which actually annoyed me since I had to redo my bindings on all my characters. Yet for some reason the UI setup was the same on all of them, which is the thing I'd rather have separate for each character.

alternade

oh shit, didn't realize logitech had a mmo mouse... but wait, doesn't logitech have a gaming mouse with a hefty amount of buttons as well? Think it was the g700.

Just bought this mouse and am returning it today. Didnt like the fact that my pinky was always hanging off with no support and the side buttons are concave which I didnt like. Going to get a Naga from Best Buy after work

Ok so... now 3 different mice have been posted.

Logitech G600, Naga with 6 buttons, and a Naga with 12 buttons. I'M NOT SURE WHICH TO GET. This is harder than choosing a class.

mackattk

Logitech G600, Naga with 6 buttons, and a Naga with 12 buttons. I'M NOT SURE WHICH TO GET. This is harder than choosing a class.

I have the naga with 12, I won't look back. Have had it for well over a year, and there is no way I could play a lot of games without it now.

Noaloha

I'm gonna go the other way on controls (quite happy with my G500) and get a gaming k/board thing, G13 probably. I have a simpleton's brain and a goldfish for a lefthand and, as such, 'finding' WASD is too much of a pain in the arse. If I lift my hand off the k/board it's anyone's guess which keys they'll land back on. I was hoping I'd learn the layout and it would become second nature after a while. It never has. If you have no problem hitting 8 then F4 then returning smoothly to WASD with a functional degree of consistency, then I'm very pleased for you. I cannot do it.

Plus I'm a crazy person who prefers the outrageous notion of using just my thumb for movement rather than my index, middle and ring finger. I find it hard to fault from a simple logistics perspective.

iYE832XU77Tmb.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
Lol @ passive 110% crit chance on the Warrior. This doesn't feel fair at all.

Honestly, if you're getting it just for Guild Wars, I think that the Naga 6 would be fine (and probably easier to get used to). If you're playing more traditional MMOs as well, the Naga 12 is great. I also use it for RTS for build orders/formations/etc, as well as in Battlefield for weapon switching (great on kits with a lot of stuff).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have the naga with 12, I won't look back. Have had it for well over a year, and there is no way I could play a lot of games without it now.

Yup. This is how I feel - first gaming mouse I've ever used/touched/purchased...Last gaming mouse I'll ever need/want.

Honestly, if you're getting it just for Guild Wars, I think that the Naga 6 would be fine (and probably easier to get used to). If you're playing more traditional MMOs as well, the Naga 12 is great. I also use it for RTS for build orders/formations/etc, as well as in Battlefield for weapon switching (great on kits with a lot of stuff).

Yeah, then I might just get the 6 button one. Thanks.

6 is also perfect for DOTA2 if I ever decide to get back into that game.

Just bought this mouse and am returning it today. Didnt like the fact that my pinky was always hanging off with no support and the side buttons are concave which I didnt like. Going to get a Naga from Best Buy after work

naga ain't gonna help your pinky issue... but wait, are there mice where your pinky doesn't hangoff? Must be 1 wide ass mice.

Noaloha

I got my 'Charlotte and Wilbur' spider & pig set-up going and I'm a very happy Norn. Seriously, the regular farm pig is AMAZING. Hits hard, takes damage, knocks fools on to their backsides and sports the most endearingly sweet, brisk, porcine trot animation. He's a champ.

That said, I have a gripe with the pet management screen. Namely, that it's bloody awful. I can only ever have just two names stored? If I swap a raven called Calypso out for a snowcat that I previously named Polka, suddenly that cat's called Calypso? Rangers, please tell me I'm wrong and that I'm missing some hidden shift+control+rightclick functionality or something, where I can, you know, actually just give my pets their own name.

Which Naga though? 12 or 6 buttons?

12 button, of course. There are 10 base skills in Guild Wars 2 so you would have easy access to everything without touching any modifiers. The only thing I use modifiers for are the occupation skills.

A nice feature of the new Naga Epic is that there are small ridges on certain numbers to help keep your fingers in the right place. I think they include some silly training stickers or something if you really need them but I got used to the layout pretty quickly.

Finally was able to transfer to Stormbluff Isle. If someone can invite me to the guild, my name is phoenixazure.8560 . Otherwise, I'll try and contact those on OT later on.

Vhalyar

20 minutes climbing up the Wall Breach in the Charr area to get to the vista and challenge point. Only to dodge off the wall on the very last jump to the vista. Ffffffuuuuuuuck.

bounchfx

20 minutes climbing up the Wall Breach in the Charr area to get to the vista and challenge point. Only to dodge off the wall on the very last jump to the vista. Ffffffuuuuuuuck.

I've had this happen at the huge spiral area near the sylvari starter. I learned my lesson.. Double tap dodge is OFF for vistas now haha.

I like double tap dodge, but when I platform I tap the keys like a motherfucker.

And holy shit iPhone autocorrect just corrected TO motherfucker since I misspelled it, hah!

J0dy77

Walked into snowden drifts... holy shit amazing looking zone and the soundtrack is just as good. It's a lvl 15-25 zone and i'm already 27 but loving every second of it. Amazing game.

eosos

Banned
So I was thinking about buying this, but I hear that it's really easy to get banned. How much of an issue is this? I hear that even talking about booze will get you banned or trying to buy items at a low price and selling them for profits.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What is the most AOE driven class?

I am currently playing a Warrior and have grown to hate having to navigate near all the different enemies, and it is hard to find them in large groups.

I would like to switch to a class that has more auto aiming from a distance and AOE type attacks. Engineer? Mesmer?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So I was thinking about buying this, but I hear that it's really easy to get banned. How much of an issue is this? I hear that even talking about booze will get you banned or trying to buy items at a low price and selling them for profits.

The only people being banned are people who are abusing exploits.

mephixto

Banned
What is the most AOE driven class?

I am currently playing a Warrior and have grown to hate having to navigate near all the different enemies, and it is hard to find them in large groups.

I would like to switch to a class that has more auto aiming from a distance and AOE type attacks. Engineer? Mesmer?

Necros?

mackattk

A lot of that is just an exageration. Just don't be stupid and call people out with explicit and derogatory statements, or using exploits to the game or economy. I don't know of anyone getting a full ban yet ( I might be wrong). Anyone who did get a full ban got rolled back to a 72 hour ban.

kn1ves24

Disagreed. I've never fallen from a platform due to double tap.

Yeah the double tap dodge is terrible in this game. Maybe its just how I play but i like to Line my jumps up and I tap the direction buttons to do this. Results in alot of rolling around when I don't want too. Hard habit to break.

Vhalyar

Double-tap dodge is the worst thing.

It is. I've almost never had it happen, but now it's rebinded to an extra mouse button.

I was trying to get up a small wall and couldn't quite get up there. So I was pressing left-right, left-right. Then left-left and oops there my dude goes splat.

Zeal

Banned
Finally gave in and pulled the trigger. Holy shit, this is the first true contender for WoW. It looks and plays amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom