• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shambles

It is. I've almost never had it happen, but now it's rebinded to an extra mouse button.

I was trying to get up a small wall and couldn't quite get up there. So I was pressing left-right, left-right. Then left-left and oops there my dude goes splat.

Those vista's are the death knell of me. The first one I found was near the ice lake in the Norn starting area. Managed to get to the top (Oh boy these controls are not set up for platforming), activated the viewpoint (thank goodness) and then promptly dive rolled off the peak ending up splatting dead in front of a couple people below me. My first death in the game, was walking off a damn cliff.

kn1ves24

What is necro gameplay like, mostly minion management?

I'm lvl 21 Necro and I don't use the minions too much. There's AoE condition effects you can cast if you use a staff for your weapon. If you use a dagger the attacks change to a assortment of closer range ones.

The M.O.B

Great, so the game completely cut my 65K experience streak when I logged in today. Late last night I made sure to stay alive and I recorded my personal best all the way up to 65K to make sure the achievements were tracking my progress.

Today, I log in and head to WvWvW and my achievement bar doesn't budge despite me setting my personal best just last night and knowing 100% I didn't die.

GG

Jack_AG

Banned
Is salvaging useless equipment better than selling it at the store?
I haven't sold a single trash item yet. I salvage everything and sell junk items only. Lvl 29 with 1.2 gold after I purchased my 1g lvl 40 trait book.

I haven't sold a single thing on the TP yet, either. I also kill pretty much anything in my path and can fill up my bags with "junk" sale items fairly quick. I need to keep a few salvage kits on me at all times just to salvage and clear bags. Already hit cap on several mats.

Stuart444

So I just did Caudecus's Manor (I keep saying mansion >_< ) story mode... that one was just too easy by anyone's standards.

Still rather fun though.

Proven

What is the most AOE driven class?

I am currently playing a Warrior and have grown to hate having to navigate near all the different enemies, and it is hard to find them in large groups.

I would like to switch to a class that has more auto aiming from a distance and AOE type attacks. Engineer? Mesmer?

Stick to Warrior. Get a Greatsword or Hammer, and a Longbow in your other weapon slot. Go to town.

Great, so the game completely cut my 65K experience streak when I logged in today. Late last night I made sure to stay alive and I recorded my personal best all the way up to 65K to make sure the achievements were tracking my progress.

Today, I log in and head to WvWvW and my achievement bar doesn't budge despite me setting my personal best just last night and knowing 100% I didn't die.

GG
Same. It might be you have to get all of it in one session or something. They need to explain it. Got up to 83k myself. So frustrating.

Kingbrave

I use the click on my mouse wheel as dodge.
In fact I've been practicing my dodge as a melee by doing the champion giant event on Dissea.

Hit about level 22 with my Ranger and wanting to start up an alt just for something different to switch to. Anywhere I can go to with really detailed explanations of how the different classes play?

Jack_AG

Banned
Hit about level 22 with my Hunter and wanting to start up an alt just for something different to switch to. Anywhere I can go to with really detailed explanations of how the different classes play?
How a class is played depends on the weapon choice. An Ele, for example, can go long-range support/control with a staff or in-close massive damage with dagger.

Up to you how you want to play, personally.

How a class is played depends on the weapon choice. An Ele, for example, can go long-range support/control with a staff or in-close massive damage with dagger.

Up to you how you want to play, personally.

Nvm, just found the class descriptions on their website to be detailed enough. Thanks anyway I guess.

Last point of interest in Plains of Ashford, can't figure out how to get in. Any guesses?

6rz4U.jpg

Dv02A.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it's horrible, even on a controller it'd suck.
Even on a controller? It completely ruins the experience on my pad, was the first thing I turned off.

edit: Yah, that POI be accessible only durin' the times thar be ogres about

2San

This game has so many issue's. :| Really kills of the fun. Having a hard time to get some quick matches going with 2 friends.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm starting to find minions awful. They dont heal out of battle, and walk right into stupid strong attacks and get themselves killed.

And this game gets really boring solo. Goddamn...

I'm glad minions aren't that great. I'm level 33 and feel weak with my condition build, but I think I need to tweak it. Also, I never solo...I always run and find groups to tag along with and hop event to event. I get less done "progression" wise, but get great exp, karma, and have tons of fun.

Coverly

Coverly! What level are you and what is your character name? Maybe we can party up sometime and reminisce about K-TERA. :p

You can keep the look as long as you want thanks to Transmutation stones. I don't have any experience with Ranger so can't really help you with the rest.

Wow thread moves fast.

I'm Bear Salad. I think all of our characters have salad as a last name to keep it consistent between characters. What's your character name?

yeah let's group up, though I'm still in my early teens. We've been trying different classes to see which ones we like the best, i think we're set now.

I'm glad minions aren't that great. I'm level 33 and feel weak with my condition build, but I think I need to tweak it. Also, I never solo...I always run and find groups to tag along with and hop event to event. I get less done "progression" wise, but get great exp, karma, and have tons of fun.

What weapons are you using? Scepter/Dagger along with a Staff for marks?

Alex

How do you get hacked, to that extent anyway? Don't you have to authorize the logins if it's from a new location? Some way around that or did someones email get hacked, too?

Oddly enough, the game gets my location wrong anyway. It says I live in Oregon when I live in Washington, bizarre.

Absinthe

Quick reminder guys, nine more hours to make sure you get your monthly achievement / 20 mystic coins.

What the crap? The game has only been out for a week and a half. How is that a monthly achievement? Are they really using the end of each month for these? Not every 30 days?

Nekofrog

Banned
Yup. This is how I feel - first gaming mouse I've ever used/touched/purchased...Last gaming mouse I'll ever need/want.

you're going to need to buy a lot of them.

i'm on my 2nd in 8 months because the first one just "died". google reveals this to be a common problem.

I'm going dagger/dagger right now, but I'm going to try scepter/dagger tonight I think. I need to check skills to see what would benefit my build best.

Scepter gives a skill that does +8% damage for each condition on the foe.

Dagger/Dagger is fun stuff when you arent facing mobs.

notworksafe

I'm going dagger/dagger right now, but I'm going to try scepter/dagger tonight I think. I need to check skills to see what would benefit my build best.

I've been using Dagger/Focus with Axe/Warhorn in the second set and have been loving it. Tons of melee damage and I always have an AOE available to use. I haven't come across anything that I haven't been able to kill with relative ease.

NIN90

So what's this crit % passive for warriors people are talking about?

You can get close to 100% crit chance by level 20 simply by pumping all your trait points into the precision trait and equipping 3-4 sigils.
It's quite awesome actually. :p

Quick reminder guys, nine more hours to make sure you get your monthly achievement / 20 mystic coins.

f1OaU.png
Got that done today also.

Problem was that I thought we had a month from release, but then someone told me it was 'till end of August. (never checked the actual tab)

Mad rush since morning to get 50 WvW kills, Survivor with crafting, and salvaged 300+ level 1 daggers. All good.

TheYanger

Stick to Warrior. Get a Greatsword or Hammer, and a Longbow in your other weapon slot. Go to town.

Same. It might be you have to get all of it in one session or something. They need to explain it. Got up to 83k myself. So frustrating.

It's broken. If you ever zone (even moving from overflow to normal) or get DC'ed, you lose it.
Best way is crafting, basically. Do it all in one shot so they can't ninja patch on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom