• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Fuck it. I'm dropping Tailoring for the time being.
I have tailor/artificer and huntsman/jeweler and tailor has been, by far, the hardest to level. Spent all day yesterday farming areas for jutes... 40.. the whole day! Just enough for like 1 level lmao

Ferrio

Banned
You can get close to 100% crit chance by level 20 simply by pumping all your trait points into the precision trait and equipping 3-4 sigils.
It's quite awesome actually. :p

Ah. My crit has slowly been going down due to the level scaling. Really what that 100% crit trait for thieves.

You can get close to 100% crit chance by level 20 simply by pumping all your trait points into the precision trait and equipping 3-4 sigils.

Jeez. I smell an incoming nerfbat, as that seems ridiculously overpowered. Though I suppose you're sacrificing vitality/toughness for crit.

Macattk15

Quick reminder guys, nine more hours to make sure you get your monthly achievement / 20 mystic coins.

f1OaU.png

Oh joy.

Thanks for not letting me on in 2 days Arenanet. All i needed was 20k xp .... fuck.

eek5

I'm styarting to find minions awful. They dont heal out of battle, and walk right into stupid strong attacks and get themselves killed.

And this game gets really boring solo. Goddamn...

Yeah, I am running 5 minion skills and the trait that spawns one and my biggest gripe is no regen out of combat. They are actually decent when they have health but one meaty battle will kill some and drop most to half or less health which means they are dead the next battle leaving me very vulnerable.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Don't give up; it's very easy to get it with crafting. Just take up cooking and watch the points skyrocket.

Yo Lump. Tybalt and I are going on adventures right now. Wanna join up?

you're going to need to buy a lot of them.

i'm on my 2nd in 8 months because the first one just "died". google reveals this to be a common problem.

Yep. I went through 3 Razers before giving up and going back to Logitech. Too many Razers have died on me.

Fivefold

Banned
A bit late on the mousechat but don't buy Razer products. The last piece of good hardware they released was the Deathadder. The Naga is just gimmicky and you'll end up using 6 of the 12 side buttons at most (I got one for WoW when it was released and went back to my g500 pretty fast)

Join the master race and get a Logitech g13 + any good Logi mouse (I've had a g500 for ages and that's pretty much the perfect mouse IMO).

A bit late on the mousechat but don't buy Razer products. The last piece of good hardware they released was the Deathadder. The Naga is just gimmicky and you'll end up using 6 of the 12 side buttons at most (I got one for WoW when it was released and went back to my g500 pretty fast)

Join the master race and get a Logitech g13 + any good Logi mouse (I've had a g500 for ages and that's pretty much the perfect mouse IMO).

I have a Logitech mouse right now, but it only has 2 side buttons, and then the right/left click and scroll wheel.

Ashodin

Crit chance that high is ridiculous and unnecessary. You need to have equal parts critical damage as well. The thing in this game is that when you crit, it doesn't do that much more damage than what you already do. Certain things are based on crits happening (procs) and stuff like that, but you MUST stack Crit damage % to make use of crit%. It's not just a standard double damage like other games.

I'm sitting at 30% crit right now with 20% crit damage. When I crit, I absolutely trash mobs. Add to the fact that I can pull 20% extra crit chance out of my ass whenever I want to really tear into stuff, and it gets ridiculous.

mephixto

Banned
How do you get hacked, to that extent anyway? Don't you have to authorize the logins if it's from a new location? Some way around that or did someones email get hacked, too?

Oddly enough, the game gets my location wrong anyway. It says I live in Oregon when I live in Washington, bizarre.

Many of the hacked accounts are before the authorize mail system. At least mine was.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Even the Deathadder sucked. I've had 3 of them die on me.

Ashodin

I don't think some people realize how tall the Norn really are.

You should see it when Wallach goes berserker mode. It's hilarious and awesome.

I want to make a warrior just for that elite. or an Engineer.

It's like zerker mode in Borderlands. You get a whole new skill bar based around just running up and punching shit in the face. It's amazing.

Torraz

I don't think some people realize how tall the Norn really are.

Yeah. I never realized how tall my Norn lady was until I stood next to a human. Asura and norn next to each other is even better :p.

It's like zerker mode in Borderlands. You get a whole new skill bar based around just running up and punching shit in the face. It's amazing.

This motivates me to gain 4 levels and access to elite skills, as I am playing a warrior atm.

Jack_AG

Banned
Ah. My crit has slowly been going down due to the level scaling. Really what that 100% crit trait for thieves.

I was 107% at 20 before activating For Great Justice - that was my best. Now I'm 29 and sitting 23% so I just went into Str/Disc - oddly enough I hit as hard as I crit with axe/axe now - although I miss the 33% to apply bleed on crit.

Also - I hope ANet works some better dual wield animations in. Chopping my "foe" with my right hand looks extremely awkward while my left sits dead at my side the entire time unless I use dual strike.

Damage doesn't have to change - just the animation to make it LOOK like I'm dual wielding.

30 hours in. I believe I have officially played this more than any MMO before. And I still haven't ventured out of the starting areas. Going to hit it hard this weekend with my brother and friend if the storms don't take out our internet.

Jack_AG

Banned
Jeez. I smell an incoming nerfbat, as that seems ridiculously overpowered. Though I suppose you're sacrificing vitality/toughness for crit.

AFAIK you can't get anywhere near that at 80. It dives VERY quickly once you get past lvl 20. My guess is that it's just scaling at low levels.

Yeah, I'm 7 skill points away from that elite. 30 skill points is so much. =.=

So I just logged in to the Guild Wars 2 website to change my password. Changed it, checked it, and wrote it down.

Site confirmed the password change. Right. So then I go to log into the game, and it tells me I've used the wrong password. Even tried putting my old one in, and that won't work either.

Surely nobody could have hacked my account through me changing my password on the GW2 site?

EDIT - Problem solved.

So I've finally decided my mesmer will be my main. She's the highest level I've got anyway. It can be tricky sometimes, but so much fun blinking and teleporting and cloning.

Gw2+2012-08-30+23-44-36-12.jpg

Gw2+2012-09-01+01-34-48-55.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
I'm sitting on 80 skill points right now because future me is demanding that I save for legendary weapons :( I want to try out the level 30 golem elites but my brain isn't letting me do it.

That's silly. You'll keep earning skill points even after 80, no reason to save up especially since you might be holding those on for a very very long time.

Gritesh

Im getting kinda pissed that Stormbluff Isle has been full since Tuesday.

I have not been able to Transfer over to you guys, and I have been checking it every so often even at random times like super early in the morning.

When do the free transfers end?

alphaNoid

Banned
I'm on the guild spreadsheet now, so I just need to PM a mod in game for an official invite or are mods adding people automatically?

Valnen

So the server I wanted to play on is full. Is there nothing I can do? I wanted to WvW with my RL friend but how can I do that if I can't even select the server I need...

Will support just let me roll there anyway?

alphaNoid

Banned
So the server I wanted to play on is full. Is there nothing I can do? I wanted to WvW with my RL friend but how can I do that if I can't even select the server I need...

Will support just let me roll there anyway?

You can do a world transfer later, and they are free (no gem charge) during the launch cycle.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Im getting kinda pissed that Stormbluff Isle has been full since Tuesday.

I have not been able to Transfer over to you guys, and I have been checking it every so often even at random times like super early in the morning.

When do the free transfers end?

Oh, wow. It won't even let you choose the server? My wife expressed interest in playing, so I was about to buy this for her tonight, but she won't be able to join the same server as me (I'm on Stormbluff Isle, too)?

Cronnie

Don't give up; it's very easy to get it with crafting. Just take up cooking and watch the points skyrocket.

Thank you good sir, that is exactly what I ended up doing, and along with the Crafting Booster item I got from a Black Lion chest the levels just flew past :)

Jrmint

So how are Rangers generally viewed so far?

Really not loving the first 2 tiers of unlockables skills. I will be unlocking traits later tonight so maybe that'll help too.

Not feeling the Charr starting area... it's dark, and the variety of enemies seems smaller, and it's all a little more... I dunno, grueling I guess. Maybe it's because I switched from my Human Thief to a Charr Elementalist, but I'm not digging it.

Absinthe

Oh, wow. It won't even let you choose the server? My wife expressed interest in playing, so I was about to buy this for her tonight, but she won't be able to join the same server as me (I'm on Stormbluff Isle, too)?

Pretty sure the server only matters is WvW. I could be mistaken.

KingKong

yay got 1.5 levels from cooking and didn't spend that much money. I found that discovery wasn't giving me that much XP, maybe because the only things I could discover were with low level ingredients, but I found the best way is just finding the easiest yellow recipe to make and just cooking that until it starts giving low xp. I used http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Roux because it just needs flour and butter which the vendor sells

the cooking levels are kind of dumb though, like mixing Pasta and tomatoes required level 400 cooking??

also, for warrior, is it a good idea to just use signets for the non-weapon spells? It seems a lot easier since they give me a constant passive benefit and I can still pop them for extra healing/rage/damage

Anno

So how are Rangers generally viewed so far?

Really not loving the first 2 tiers of unlockables skills. I will be unlocking traits later tonight so maybe that'll help too.

I feel pretty good about mine at level 30, but I don't have much to compare it to, either. I agree with you though that the utility skills might leave something to be desired. I don't think they are weak, just nothing very flashy or fun. I'm eager to see what some of the elite skills look like. The class itself feels pretty powerful all around, though, at least in PvE. i could see PvP being rough unless pets scale really well to 80.

PaulLFC

I wondered why I couldn't log in today (haven't played in a few days with work) and then realised my early access code will have ran out. How do I register the full game serial to my account so I can carry on playing? I can't see an option on the website, and the client doesn't ask me for a key, it just says I'm not authorised to play.

Do I have to register a new account? I hope not...

etiolate

Banned
Not feeling the Charr starting area... it's dark, and the variety of enemies seems smaller, and it's all a little more... I dunno, grueling I guess. Maybe it's because I switched from my Human Thief to a Charr Elementalist, but I'm not digging it.

It's post-searing Ascalon all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom