• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
I wondered why I couldn't log in today (haven't played in a few days with work) and then realised my early access code will have ran out. How do I register the full game serial to my account so I can carry on playing? I can't see an option on the website, and the client doesn't ask me for a key, it just says I'm not authorised to play.

Do I have to register a new account? I hope not...

Go to register.guildwars2.com

Just use the same email, password, and personal info as you did before.

docbon

I'm sitting on 80 skill points right now because future me is demanding that I save for legendary weapons :( I want to try out the level 30 golem elites but my brain isn't letting me do it.

If you do, don't bother getting the powersuit. it's absolutely terrible in every way imaginable. I wish i could refund the skillpoints.

SirKhalid

So how did Charr and humans eventually come to peace?
Centuries later, the descendants of Ascalon, exiled to the nation of Kryta, are besieged on all sides. To save humankind, Queen Jennah seeks to negotiate a treaty with the hated charr. One obstacle remains. The charr legions won't sign the truce until their most prized possession, the Claw of the Khan-Ur, is returned from the ruins of fallen Ascalon.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghosts_of_Ascalon

A group of adventurers went and got it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I hate that every time I try to use the GW2 wiki it seems to be down. Then they don't have any official forums up, either. Servers are full, instances overflowing, grouping and guild invites broken, laggy during prime time.

I really hope ArenaNet can sort their network issues out soon or people like myself will sort them out for them by quitting trying to play every night.

Jack_AG

Banned
Now I want to roll a warrior, but already have a 28 Guardian and 27 Thief. :(
Crit is OK - nothing special, IMO. Rolling power/crit would be huge together but you'd fold like a deck of cards under the slightest pressure. For me I'd rather survive an onslought of 6 mobs slowly than die to 3 while taking out 2 quickly.

Trey

So how did Charr and humans eventually come to peace?

Dragons killing everybody makes for a solid common enemy.

A group of heroes went into the ghost city of Ascalon to recover some Charr artifact as a peace offering to the Charr in order to make a bond between the two races.
I forget the particulars.

Edit: well, beaten by a whole twenty minutes. Ain't my face red?

2San

It seems that people are complaining about the Heart seeker spam thief build. Is it really that big of a deal? I play a pistol/dagger venom thief. I've never had problems dealing with them. Don't particular care if they nerf it, at least if they don't touch the p/d venom build. :<

Izayoi

Banned
So what's the deal with AA? Forcing it via nVidia control panel or inspector doesn't work, and the only option available in-game is FXAA. Supersampling is great but it doesn't get rid of the aliasing by itself...

Ferrio

Banned
It seems that people are complaining about the Heart seeker spam thief build. Is it really that big of a deal? I play a pistol/dagger venom thief. I've never had problems dealing with them. Don't particular care if they nerf it, at least if they don't touch the p/d venom build. :<

Why are they complaining? What's the build? I hope they don't start swinging the nerf bat around already. Thief is a very cut and dry class as is.. hate to see it get smashed into the ground.

Trey

A little picture recap of my 43 level adventure. Halfway there.

gw09782jj7.jpg

gw103s0jmx.jpg

gw112l1kpu.jpg

gw123dgkfu.jpg

gw137fejm3.jpg

gw141wzjgk.jpg

gw153tqjxu.jpg

Pretty game.

depths20XX

Man, I'm trying not to buy this...

Would someone who got burnt out on WoW and similar mmo's like this game?

It looks like they've actually changed the standard mmo formula.

2San

Why are they complaining? What's the build? I hope they don't start swinging the nerf bat around already. Thief is a very cut and dry class as is.. hate to see it get smashed into the ground.
I'm mostly seeing it in game during public spvp. It seems to be a build centered around heart seeker+haste(+Immobilize venom) and I'm assuming high initiative(thief's mp) regen. I doubt anyone would run that build in high level pvp since it doesn't even work that well in mid level pvp.

Ken

Crit is OK - nothing special, IMO. Rolling power/crit would be huge together but you'd fold like a deck of cards under the slightest pressure. For me I'd rather survive an onslought of 6 mobs slowly than die to 3 while taking out 2 quickly.

I guess. Enjoying my 3k HP Guardian. Lol.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm mostly seeing it in game during public spvp. It seems to be a build centered around heart seeker+haste(+Immobilize venom) and I'm assuming high initiative(thief's mp) regen. I doubt anyone would run that build in high level pvp since it doesn't even work that well in mid level pvp.

Ah, ya looked up the build. Total glass cannon.

Proven

The fact that it resets when you log out will be the death of me. I'm going to be doing WvW all night at this point. I'll be on in 15 minutes or so. Hopefully the queues will be nice to me.

whats the invisible bag about?

Items in the invisible bag won't be sorted when you do the "compact" function, won't be sold when you do "sell all junk", and won't be deposited when you do "deposit all".

The big thing for me is that that means your minipets won't keep getting deposited to your bank :D. Its also handy to use to sort out your current weapons/items you're using from other junk you collect for mass salvaging or whatever.

Wag

OK, don't laugh, I'm new to the game, but- how/where do you find crafting tables?

The game has absolutely no instructions. It sorely needs some. The Wiki is good in some aspects but fails to explain some simple things for us newbs (like- What does it mean when something is "soulbound"?). I'm just clueless when it comes to these things unless it's spelled out.

Zafir

OK, don't laugh, I'm new to the game, but- how/where do you find crafting tables?

The game has absolutely no instructions. It sorely needs some. The Wiki is good in some aspects but fails to explain some simple things for us newbs (like- What does it mean when something is "soulbound"?). I'm just clueless when it comes to these things unless it's spelled out.
There's different ones for each skill. They're usually behind/near the trainer for the said crafting skill.

vaelic

Banned
Friday update

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates

This is the current status of the most important issues we're tracking with Guild Wars 2 live service. (This page is updated by ArenaNet staff and protected against non-admin editing.)

Friday, August 31, 2012
Account Security
Protect your account! We've seen hackers systematically scan email addresses and passwords harvested from other games, web sites, and trojans to see if they match Guild Wars 2 accounts. We've taken steps to protect our players from this, but we need your help too. Make sure that you use a strong, unique password for Guild Wars 2 that you've never used anywhere else. For best security, use a unique email address too, and see our blog post for more tips.
Email authentication
We now have email authentication enabled for all players who have validated their email addresses. This feature sends an email whenever it detects a login attempt to your account from a location you haven't played from before, asking you to allow or deny the login.
We've learned of an incompatibility between email authentication and older versions of Internet Explorer. We're working on a fix, which we expect to deploy tomorrow.
If you're not receiving account verification emails or account authentication emails, please check your junk/spam folders, and add noreply@guildwars2.com to your safe senders list.
Parties, guilds, etc.
We've made significant fixes to parties and guilds. However, you may still see intermittent outages. These outages cause symptoms such as party members not appearing on the map, party members not staying in the same overflow servers as they travel between maps, and guild invites not working.
Trading Post
Yesterday we opened the Trading Post for a random, rotating 50% of users. After gathering data from yesterday's tests, we applied a number of fixes and performance improvements, and are preparing a larger-scale test today.
Tournament Rewards
We believe we've addressed the problem with tournament chests not appearing. Let us know if you still see any issues with this.
World v. World
We're aware the world v. world matches have not been resetting properly. We're preparing an update to fix this. Once the issue is fixed, we'll start running 24-hour matches to balance servers.
Worlds
We added three new worlds in Europe yesterday, three new worlds in America today, and increased the population limits on all worlds.
Overflow
During this initial surge of high concurrency, and especially while most characters are low-level and thus playing in the same starting areas, it's common for players to be directed to overflow servers. If you want to play with a friend, but you're not on the same overflow servers, you can form a party together, then right-click on your friend's portrait in the party list and click "join".
We expect the use of overflow servers to naturally subside as players spread out more through the world.
Botting
We suspended accounts of 750 players running bots. We're ramping up and will soon apply permanent bans for cases of substantial botting.
Exploits
If you discover an exploit in the game, do not exploit it or publicize it, but instead please notify us immediately at this new email address: exploits (at) arena (dot) net.
Forums
Our most important priority at the moment is to ensure that the game runs stably and flawlessly. So as to not create additional demand on our infrastructure and on our programming team, we made the decision not to open the forums until the initial mass influx of players has calmed down a bit.
Wiki
We increased wiki server capacity to address issues users are seeing. We plan to start posting these updates to the wiki, as long as the wiki can handle the traffic.
Next software updates
We're making non-disruptive changes throughout the day. We'll publish the next back-end server update tonight at midnight Seattle time. The game may be unavailable for approximately 20-60 minutes while we perform this update.

Trey

Crafting tables are usually right by the crafting instructor. Press alt (or ctrl, I can never remember which) to bring up titles. Crafting centers can be found in every major city, and there is usually one in every zone (up to level 45, at least. Only level threshold I can personally confirm).

Soulbound means that item is specifically for you -- no one else can use it. Some items are automatically like that, others become soulbound once you wear/use it for the first time.

Soulbound means you can't give it to anyone else, it's exclusive to your character. So say, a Soulbound on Equip item would mean, if you equip it, you can't sell it after that.

eek5

63y3u.png

Look for these puppies on your map

The trading area of Lion's Arch has everything you need: Trading Post, the bank, the mystic forge, and every profession and associated crafting tables (Protip: crafting tables function as banks as well).

It's free to go to Lion's Arch at any time. Just hit 'H', go to PvP tab, go to Heart of the Mists, and then go through the Lion's Arch portal.

Wag

There's different ones for each skill. They're usually behind/near the trainer for the said crafting skill.
That's the thing, I only was able to find some once and I don't remember where they were (I'm lvl 18). Are crafting trainers that rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom