• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shambles

Not sure what the odds are but I've only found 3 dyes so far and the 2nd one was "rare". I'm not sure if that means it's actually rare or there's three more rarer levels above "rare".

Llyranor

Nice mob session at Queensdale, GAF. Fun exploration. Too bad I had to bail early because of work tomorrow. Gaf Man signing out.

Izayoi

Banned
In Izayoi's case, he was saying he's anti-SMAA
Why use it when I have a video card that can do actual AA? It's ridiculous that resorting to third party applications is the only way to get something that's only kind of like real AA. Does anyone know an actual workaround? I'm not going to use SMAA. The game doesn't look bad, but it could certainly look better (especially the transparency).

gw22012-08-3120-52-292dikv.png

Jack_AG

Banned
Honestly, in your comparison shot above is FXAA supposed to be bad? Cause I really can't tell any difference besides the jagginess.

If that's the best screenshot you can come up with for anti-FXAA, I think you're looking too hard... there is basically no difference in the textures really.

<edit> looks like I'm not the only one who thinks your FXAA screenshot is fine
Nope. Not looking too hard. That's just how I see it - as an eye sore. Are you here to tell me how I see things? Are you channeling my eyesight? Scrying perhaps? I notice frame dips from 60-55 - I'm quite hypersensitive. I even turn post off completely since I don't like viewing my game world as if I've been swimming in a pool of chlorine bleach with no water for 24 hours. My eyes are my eyes - they see what they see and that will obviously be my own experience.

I'm not trying to be a dick - but you can't tell me I'm looking too hard when, to me, its a night/day comparison.

Nekrono

Why use it when I have a video card that can do actual AA? It's ridiculous that resorting to third party applications is the only way to get something that's only kind of like real AA. Does anyone know an actual workaround? I'm not going to use SMAA. The game doesn't look bad, but it could certainly look better (especially the transparency).

gw22012-08-3120-52-292dikv.png

Have you tried downsampling from a higher resolution? Say 1440p to 1080p with in-game supersampling?

I found that to be the best setup for me, I don't resort to 3rd party software and it's not too taxing in my system (only 3 FPS less).

That gets me this, best IQ for the buck!

iJzOMy6WFNDKG.jpg

Sethos

Banned
So as someone who quit TOR during the "early" start is this game worth a glance?

Definitely. I played TOR and quit barely a few days later with maybe 15 hours played in total.

This game, already put over 48h hours into it ( Headstart mainly. Been in surgery, recovery etc. the last few days ) Game is really amazing.

Definitely. I played TOR and quit barely a few days later with maybe 15 hours played in total.

This game, already put over 48h hours into it ( Headstart mainly. Been in surgery, recovery etc. the last few days ) Game is really amazing.

Fuuuuuuuck. I am in school and fulltime at work. :(

Izayoi

Banned
Have you tried downsampling from a higher resolution? Say 1440p to 1080p with in-game supersampling?

I found that to be the best setup for me, I don't resort to 3rd party software and it's not too taxing in my system (only 3 FPS less).
How would I force the internal resolution higher? I assume it's supersampling at 1.5x already.

Alex

the Asura storylines are so, so much more interesting than the horrible Norn ones. They're actually fairly fun to watch play out, something I haven't felt about any plot threads in an MMO since like bits of FFXI.

zlatko

Banned
A9Vpb.jpg

Earlier tonight for my character before I got a lot of new gear.(me on right)

Got to level 16 Guardian wooh.

Oh and fuck WvW ques. I tried for 5 hours!!!! No dice. :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lots of fun with the GAF Mob today, 100%'d Queensdale. I wish one of the world events had popped though!

So where is kayos..?

replaced sword in my second weapon set with axe. i forgot (as a ranger anyway) the axe is effectively a ranged weapon. Nice! Doesn't hurt the one i'm using has a chance to fire AoE on crits. Speaking of which, do the %'s go up later or is there a way to raise them? I want/need more than 10%..

also set up mumble and charging my rarely used BT headset so i might be able to join some of you guys properly for mobbing/WvW soon.

Having lots of fun with the game, and it's the first MMO i've really gotten into. Added my name to the signup list at GAFguild.com, too.

Elementalist is a lot of fun to play. I'm at level 16 right now, and have yet to spend any trait/skill points. I remember sorta hitting a wall in the beta around 13 or so because I just didn't have the control scheme and understanding for making use of all the attunements. Considerably better now, and I'm trying to see how far I can go whilst crippled. Then I'll spend those points and feel godlike for a brief span of time.

Level 28 warrior, which is straightforward (or at least easy to play in a straightforward manner? Heh) yet just underscores how fun the game is. and of course my completionist attitude has led me to having around 750 copper ore sitting around. Once TP is up I'll pop some 8+ slot boxes up to make bank. Or lose them forever to the TP gods/demons.

Wunder

Level 28 warrior, which is straightforward (or at least easy to play in a straightforward manner? Heh) yet just underscores how fun the game is. and of course my completionist attitude has led me to having around 750 copper ore sitting around. Once TP is up I'll pop some 8+ slot boxes up to make bank. Or lose them forever to the TP gods/demons.

Where do you put all your ore? In your bank? I've had so much trouble managing my space outside of the collection...

Mastamind

Where do you put all your ore? In your bank? I've had so much trouble managing my space outside of the collection...

After you hit the 250 cap in your crafting tab, move those items to your regular bank so you can continue using the deposit collectible button

Instro

Got to do the Giant Wurm event chain in Caledon Forest tonight, shit was pretty crazy. Didn't know what to expect with all the noise it was making and then it pops out of the ground all huge. Really fun, plus the huge chest afterwards was nice :).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So uh, I guess arenanet decided to be nice and let us carry over our August stuff into the september monthly? Did people who completed the August automatically also get September? :D

Ken

Thanks Vicious (don't know your GAF name but just saw your guild) for running AC with me and a bunch of other first timers.

Thoughts on first time AC:

No idea how to tank or grab aggro on Guardian.
Red circles need to be easier to see on bright blue/white glowing surfaces.
Hard to pull the duo away because I can't hold aggro at all.
Loot's lame.

Zeal

Banned
Guys, I'm not bitching but I have a legitimate question. Is it just me or does it seem that character movement is a bit sluggish? I admit I am new to the series, but I expected characters to move and be response similar to WoW, Tera and the others. I feel like it takes a minute for my character to get a build up to run and the camera is also extremely slow to turn. Is this intentional game design or is something wrong with my settings? I've just never really seen toons move this way in an MMO. Otherwise everything else is excellent.

EDIT: This thread is the exact issue I'm referring to:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1087049-Character-movement-gliding-effect

It's in no way my rig, it's top of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom