• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Guys, I'm not bitching but I have a legitimate question. Is it just me or does it seem that character movement is a bit sluggish? I admit I am new to the series, but I expected characters to move and be response similar to WoW, Tera and the others. I feel like it takes a minute for my character to get a build up to run and the camera is also extremely slow to turn. Is this intentional game design or is something wrong with my settings?

It's in no way my rig, it's top of the line.

Are you playing a giant Norn? Movement seems acceptable enough on a normal sized human to me.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I'm not bitching but I have a legitimate question. Is it just me or does it seem that character movement is a bit sluggish? I admit I am new to the series, but I expected characters to move and be response similar to WoW, Tera and the others. I feel like it takes a minute for my character to get a build up to run and the camera is also extremely slow to turn. Is this intentional game design or is something wrong with my settings? I've just never really seen toons move this way in an MMO. Otherwise everything else is excellent.

It's in no way my rig, it's top of the line.

I definitely agree that the controls and character movement do not feel tight. You can up the rotation speed for mouselook, but it only does so much.

inky

So uh, I guess arenanet decided to be nice and let us carry over our August stuff into the september monthly? Did people who completed the August automatically also get September? :D

Nah, it starts from zero again.
I'm like one achievement away from getting it, and it's not the 100k exp one, already got that, lol

mingus

Hit level 60 and tried to save 1 gold by skipping the master training manual and going straight from adept to grandmaster, except nothing happens when I double click the manual. Are we forced to go through all the training manuals?

Seventh

Earlier tonight someone posted in the guild chat a food item that gave +26% magic find, but I can't remember what it was called. Anyone know what it might be? Or if not, does anyone know of a similiar food item at gives a large boost to magic find?

Wallach

Earlier tonight someone posted in the guild chat a food item that gave +26% magic find, but I can't remember what it was called. Anyone know what it might be? Or if not, does anyone know of a similiar food item at gives a large boost to magic find?

Was probably a Peach Tart or some other variety of tart. I also know of Cherry Almond Bars which are both Magic Find and Gold Find for maximum bling, and there are probably higher lvl versions of those too.

Ashuron

Chocolate Cherries are +26% magic find while under a boon

Cherry Tarts are +18% magic find, +40 power

"EDIT: This thread is the exact issue I'm referring to:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gliding-effect"

It's just the game. Guild Wars 1 was exactly the same way.

Seventh

Was probably a Peach Tart or some other variety of tart. I also know of Cherry Almond Bars which are both Magic Find and Gold Find for maximum bling, and there are probably higher lvl versions of those too.

Thanks! I believe that was it. Also thanks for letting me know about the Almond Bars. So far I've pretty much been ignoring food in this game, but I'd like to start using it more often.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Nah, it starts from zero again.
I'm like one achievement away from getting it, and it's not the 100k exp one, already got that, lol

Are you sure? It shows the september monthly for me now and the bars are at the exact same spot they were at for August... oO Or does the spoiler mean you were agreeing and I got brutally whoooshed...

etiolate

Banned
Man, thieves in sPvP are annoying as hell. Heartseeker -> Heartseeker -> Heartseeker -> ARGHASDA!

hahaha yes

It's really annoying. It's not that you can't beat it, it's that it is real annoying. You get three thieves spamming the skill, eventually something dies.

Thanks to Adriane for joining me in Ascalon Catacombs. That was harder than I was expecting, but as I went along, I started to figure out the logic of the dungeon design. It seems you do have to pull mobs, separate mobs, and use disables versus bosses.

Staab

New update seems to have fixed the Trading Post.
Seems to be up now for everyone and fairly stable (albeit a bit buggy and still a bit of lag but, eh)!

Yay !

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dragonrot Domains is an awesome area.

I really hope Shatterer pops tomorrow. I'm eager to join in. Where does he spawn? Kessex?

Sephon

After the lastest update I keep getting booted from the server quite a lot saying that there's a network error. Am I the only one?

Dreavus

Ascalonian Catacombs in explore mode was wrecking my group today. We got past the first boss in the Asura guy's path, but couldn't beat the area where you must protect the the generators from the gravlings. It never felt like we could have enough AoE to deal with all of them.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The text in the trading post is all fucked up, almost as if it's rendering too small, and bits of the letters are missing.

I'm rendering at 1080 and the rest of the UI is just fine, maybe it's because my UI is set to "small"? Anyone else experiencing this?

eek5

The text in the trading post is all fucked up, almost as if it's rendering too small, and bits of the letters are missing.

I'm rendering at 1080 and the rest of the UI is just fine, maybe it's because my UI is set to "small"? Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. If you switch it to normal it's fine. The UI is bugged out for "small" in some other places too. I think the problem with the trading post in particular is it's displaying a website and instead scaling the UI for the website they use the game engine to resize it instead.

---

Also, what's up with people listing stuff for 1 copper over vendor price? They realize that it costs them more than 1 copper to list expensive stuff right? lmao

I wish the UI was more customizable size wise, I hate just having the few choices. I wanna make my icons even smaller, but my map is a good size.

SalomonA

Have anyone else noticed this bug?

The bug:
Im playing a Charr Mesmer with the Blink utility (yes I know, it's not really the best choice, no hate pls), and when I auto-run (pressing R) and then use my blink ability, my character still auto-runs but no longer has any animation, he's just gliding forwards. Looks fucked up as hell.
Should I report this? In that case, where?

Anno

Really? What's great about cooking. I'm thinking of dropping weaponsmith since I'm pretty focused into armorsmith ATM but I don't know.

I just like the variety of stuff that you can discover. Enjoying real world cooking helps, I presume. Plus the XP is nice and easy.

2San

I don't know, I can set it way larger than i'd ever want.

I like my UI small though.
I'm used to having a transparent map that takes a decent chunk of the screen. I'm now pretty much switching to the world map all the time, since the minimap doesn't show that much really.

Stuart444

My latest storyline mission, Bad Ice was bugged yesterday, I submitted a bug report that it was blocking progress yesterday and today, it isn't bugged anymore :D (must have been the patch since I tried it several times yesterday just to make sure it wasn't a one off bug)

Lyonaz

My latest storyline mission, Bad Ice was bugged yesterday, I submitted a bug report that it was blocking progress yesterday and today, it isn't bugged anymore :D (must have been the patch since I tried it several times yesterday just to make sure it wasn't a one off bug)

Yeah I submitted a report too, oh well off to explore it is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom