• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Gets attacked by hackers.

Blames someone else entirely.

Seriously, why yell at Arena Net for something that isn't their fault?

I created an email exclusively for this game with a ridiculous new password and they still got in somehow.

Yeah, this is ArenaNet's fault. Support an Authenticator or don't release your game.

Cronnie

I'd be careful with the trading post guys, very buggy at the moment, and it appears that it has eaten up over 2 Gold from me.

Placed an offer for an item, trading post took the money, now the item is not showing up under stuff I am buying or any other transaction lists.

Was hoping it was a bit of lag, but been well over 20mins now and no item/money.

Just a heads up.

Card Boy

Banned
I'd be careful with the trading post guys, very buggy at the moment, and it appears that it has eaten up over 2 Gold from me.

Placed an offer for an item, trading post took the money, now the item is not showing up under stuff I am buying or any other transaction lists.

Was hoping it was a bit of lag, but been well over 20mins now and no item/money.

Just a heads up.

It's defiantly bugged. I lost 30 silver 2 hours ago.

Brazil

notsureifserious.gif

He's probably serious. Oh, well.

Anyway: I still have both my account and my brother's account under control somehow. I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but... Please, ArenaNet, just release an Authenticator. Even Trion Games was able to launch one up in two or three days after release.

Coolwhip

Banned
A question to the people playing: When I played Wow a lot of areas and events stuck with me. I still remember Sentinel Hill in Westfall. Or the Hogger quest in elwynn. Do you think you will have this with GW2?

Stuart444

A question to the people playing: When I played Wow a lot of areas and events stuck with me. I still remember Sentinel Hill in Westfall. Or the Hogger quest in elwynn. Do you think you will have this with GW2?

I remember events and areas from GW1 (even more so when some of them pop up in GW2 like the ruins of LA and Lornar's Pass) so I have no doubt I'll have this with GW2.

Ashodin

Most definitely yes. There are so many key events and things that happen you will remember for a long time. Especially some of the secret areas, it really feels like WoW all over again. That kind of hidden mystery in the game, and it actually MEANS something this time.

Hoo-doo

Banned

That was because WoW was one of the first accessible MMO's out there.
Millions of people had their first experiences there, and you can never relive a first time. Meanwhile, it's 8 years later and experiences like that have pretty much been trivialized by dozens of other games, so it's never going to be that special for anyone unless for people completely new to MMO's.

So no. I do think it's the better game right now though.

Grokbu

Have anyone else noticed this bug?

The bug:
Im playing a Charr Mesmer with the Blink utility (yes I know, it's not really the best choice, no hate pls), and when I auto-run (pressing R) and then use my blink ability, my character still auto-runs but no longer has any animation, he's just gliding forwards. Looks fucked up as hell.
Should I report this? In that case, where?
I believe that I used to play around with this in BWE1. Maybe you could try the forums or e-mail.

Dunlop

man, the games seems to be getting worse with issues rather than better. I'm starting to think that Anet is completely overwhelmed

Anno

I think so. Yesterday I zoned into the Gendarren Fields for the first time. Messed around for a bit, eventually found a tunnel that lead out of the snow into a grassy area. Ran through a rock arch, turned right as the music was at a nice point to see the Vigil citadel stretched out through the mountains. Those are the kind of moments that I think will stick with me the most.

Well the game finished installing - is there a second North American server GAF is going to spill over to? I don't think I'm ever going to get into Stormbluff...

Stuart444

man, the games seems to be getting worse with issues rather than better. I'm starting to think that Anet is completely overwhelmed

Maybe so, this is the end of the first week (since head start which happened just over a week ago now), I think things will be fine in another week or two. They are probably working through the weekend again just to get the most important issues solved the best they can.

Anno

I feel like I must be really lucky. Some lag aside I really haven't had any issues whatsoever. It's a shame that others are having to deal with so many weird, seemingly somewhat isolated problems.

Stuart444

I feel like I must be really lucky. Some lag aside I really haven't had any issues whatsoever. It's a shame that others are having to deal with so many weird, seemingly somewhat isolated problems.

I wouldn't say isolated, I would say more random than anything. Some like you have 'almost' no issues but others have many many issues.

Lyonaz

Troll's End jumping puzzle solved! Jump Shot ftw.
Also how the hell did anyone find that entrance for the first time? Did that person just run that fast and by total luck fall into it?

Stuart444

How do you make money in this game? Granted I'm only level 10, but I feel poor - I can't get much from the vendors to help level cooking :\

Early levels are pretty poor in general. As for general money making, I don't know outside of the TP when it's up and I don't think many have gotten to level 80 so don't know how you make money then either.

Also on the TP:

@mayfields12 we are looking into the situation with the trading post. ^RD

edit:

Troll's End jumping puzzle solved! Jump Shot ftw.
Also how the hell did anyone find that entrance for the first time? Did that person just run that fast and by total luck fall into it?

Is it that hidden? I've only done two jumping puzzles and one of them is the most evil one ever (Sharkmaw caverns/the pirate one in LA)

Spookie

TP goes up so I buy the items I need for tailoring. Before I can go and pick them up it goes down again.

Absolute fucking joke.

Lyonaz

Is it that hidden? I've only done two jumping puzzles and one of them is the most evil one ever (Sharkmaw caverns/the pirate one in LA)

It's really well hidden. It's near the vista point up Traders Forum there.

Yeah the sharkmaw/pirate one was amazing. I was with a group looking for the vista point there and we stumbled across the pirate, my flamethrower was a big help.

Stuart444

It's really well hidden. It's near the vista point up Traders Forum there.

Yeah the sharkmaw/pirate one was amazing. I was with a group looking for the vista point there and we stumbled across the pirate, my flamethrower was a big help.

That one really got to my gf who is scared of pitch blackness and of heights...

Funny thing though, we had a nice engineer who used his flame thrower to help us out. Stuff like that makes the community stand out imo.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
i really want to buy this...sitting bored in front of the PC, having finished my backlog...but I just can't click that button...don't know why :/

Brazil

Is the email authentication system working for all accounts? I've been able to login without any problems to my account without ever having to verify my connection.

I wonder when GW2 will finally stabilize. No auction house, mail inconsistent, and the lag spikes on the servers were really bad last night. The worst so far for me.

Nymerio

I just ran into a bug with my personal storyline. I'm supposed to Caithe in Lion's Arch during the "Stealing Secrets" quest but when I enter the instance I can't do anything. She's where she is supposed to be but she won't talk to me. I submitted a ticket, I hope this get's resolved soon :/

Lots of camera issues. Also, I got stuck in two different places in Skrittsburgh while trying to reach vistas. Couldn't walk or jump my way out, had to teleport. That's what game testing is for, ANet.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Found this on Reddit, don't know if it has been posted already. It's about Trading Post eating money and items:
Myself and many of my guildmates have noticed that putting up offers for items or attempting to buy items has a tendency to eat your money half the time (or all of the time), causing nothing to show up in "My transactions", meaning your money / items are now gone. Avoid like the plague.

_machine

Found this on Reddit, don't know if it has been posted already. It's about Trading Post eating money and items:
I've received money for all items I've put for sale since the launch and all my purchases have worked properly, but it might be wise to be a bit cautious with TP currently.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Got an e-mail changed notification this morning at 4:52, nearly freaked out. Turns out, it's just a super delayed notification from when I switched them on the 28th.

ArenaNet, you know how to scare a guy.

With the story quests are they different for each class or each race? E.g. I'm playing human warrior atm but if I decide to play human guardian at some point will it be the same story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom