• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noaloha

I've signed up to the site and dropped my gamename, Dee Liminal, Gandara, UK, in there.

I see talk that the Guild officially hit 500. Does that mean a secondary GAF2 guild needs to be birthed?

Stuart444

With the story quests are they different for each class or each race? E.g. I'm playing human warrior atm but if I decide to play human guardian at some point will it be the same story?

Race and choices at character creation decides your personal story.

First 20 levels, your choices at character creation decides on your story for your character. After that, it's choices in the story.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_storyline

According to Jeffrey Vaughn, There will be 8 chapters, each with 3 branches and it will be one new chapter for each 10 levels.

That is the best way to describe it. Humans for instance, have a commoner, noble or street rat story for the first 10 levels, the second is the circus, sister or parents one (I think?), then it's the orders (Whispers, Priory and Vigil), and so on.

Kikarian

I've signed up to the site and dropped my gamename, Dee Liminal, Gandara, UK, in there.

I see talk that the Guild officially hit 500. Does that mean a secondary GAF2 guild needs to be birthed?
There is a second GAF guild you will be put into "GAFO" Gaming Age Overflowrce.

Race and choices at character creation decides your personal story.

First 20 levels, your choices at character creation decides on your story for your character. After that, it's choices in the story.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_storyline

That is the best way to describe it. Humans for instance, have a commoner, noble or street rat story for the first 10 levels, the second is the circus, sister or parents one (I think?), then it's the orders (Whispers, Priory and Vigil), and so on.

OK, thanks for the info

Hoo-doo

Banned
Is the GAF overflow guild at least going to be on Gandara? I heard EU peeps can't benefit from the bonuses when being a member of the US-based guild.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got an e-mail changed notification this morning at 4:52, nearly freaked out. Turns out, it's just a super delayed notification from when I switched them on the 28th.

ArenaNet, you know how to scare a guy.
Guess the same thing happened to me. Especially since the email came to the first email address I've been using for the account, before the change last week.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm not sure I'm currently in Gandara, but I want to change to Stormbluff Isles.

You are currently on Gandara (EU) and you want to switch to Stormbluff Isles (NA)?

Then what's the point of the EU GAF server then, if no-one there can benefit from joining the GAF guild?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You are currently on Gandara (EU) and you want to switch to Stormbluff Isles (NA)?

Then what's the point of the EU GAF server then, if no-one there can benefit from joining the GAF guild?
Are we 100% sure it's a feature, not a bug. It was said, that cross-server mail should work, but it hasn't been working at all until now, so I guess those 2 things might be related.
Also, no use in making guild cross-server if one side can't benefit from it, right?

Kikarian

You can still benefit (I think), I just want to change servers.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Are we 100% sure it's a feature, not a bug. It was said, that cross-server mail should work, but it hasn't been working at all until now, so I guess those 2 things might be related.
Also, no use in making guild cross-server if one side can't benefit from it, right?

I guess we need some clarification on that before shifting everything to the NA side.

idlewild_

Heh, just received emails from ArenaNet saying that the email address of my acct has changed...except I don't own gw2. Checked the links and paths on the original and the emails did in fact originate from the guild wars 2 site along with the links.

http://i.imgur.com/LzuDz.png

Wonder what's going on over there.

SirKhalid

Anyone know one if they post their patch notes somewhere?

Seems like they fix the small exploit about overflow server, log in and log out.

_machine

Cross-server will probably come with guesting, so apart from WvW and guild bonuses/influence lacking a bit behind SB I don't see why not roll on Gandara.

And I remember cross-server mail working during the betas so there's no reason it shouldn't work when things get a bit less busy.

Eh, they turn on some haste ability and spam the shit out of it and burst you extremely quickly. Probably fun for them. :p

Haste was one of my favorite abilities for a while. You can absolutely wreck single targets with it. I wish it lasted a little longer though.

What the hell. I've changed my GuildWars 2 email to address+randomword@gmail.com a few days ago and despite that got the "someone wants to change your address" email today. Changed it again, but am genuinely surprised.

I would contact ArenaNet about that. They want to be immediately notified of anyone that is receiving these e-mails that has a unique e-mail address only used for Guild Wars 2. They setup a specific e-mail address for it but I don't remember exactly what it was. I believe it was posted on Reddit.

Is the GAF overflow guild at least going to be on Gandara? I heard EU peeps can't benefit from the bonuses when being a member of the US-based guild.

There was some talk about splitting the GAF guild into NA/EU factions so EU guild could build their own bonuses but I think it was decided against for the time being and the overflow guild was opened instead.

Hopefully they raise the guild caps so we can get rid of the overflow at some point.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I would contact ArenaNet about that. They want to be immediately notified of anyone that is receiving these e-mails that has a unique e-mail address only used for Guild Wars 2. They setup a specific e-mail address for it but I don't remember exactly what it was. I believe it was posted on Reddit.
The exploits email has nothing to do with hackers trying to break into accounts, as it's reserved for in-game exploits like abusing the system, as it was with the karma weapons.

The exploits email has nothing to do with hackers trying to break into accounts, as it's reserved for in-game exploits like abusing the system, as it was with the karma weapons.

You're right about the exploits e-mail (I edited it out of my post) but they still want to be contacted about any accounts being compromised that have unique e-mail addresses. I would open a support ticket about it at least.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You're right about the exploits e-mail (I edited it out of my post) but they still want to be contacted about any accounts being compromised that have unique e-mail addresses. I would open a support ticket about it at least.
You're right, but I'll do it if I get another one of those emails. Reason being the fact that the one today came to my previous email address, so I guess it was just lagged.

Hoo-doo

Banned
There was some talk about splitting the GAF guild into NA/EU factions so EU guild could build their own bonuses but I think it was decided against for the time being and the overflow guild was opened instead.

Hopefully they raise the guild caps so we can get rid of the overflow at some point.

Decided against, why? I doubt any Euro-gaffers would have agreed with that. :(

Even though I transferred to Gandara specifically to join the GAF guild, it's pretty silly to think i'll be representing them when there's absolutely no benefit. If anything, there should be a separate EU guild.

_machine

EU bonuses also work now so that's not a reason anymore.

Decided against, why? I doubt any Euro-gaffers would have agreed with that. :(

Even though I transferred to Gandara specifically to join the GAF guild, it's pretty silly to think i'll be representing them when there's absolutely no benefit. If anything, there should be a separate EU guild.
There are benefits, we get our own influence, guesting and mail should work sometime soon. Like I said before, WvW and influence are the only things that are not shared and we've got plenty of influence, we're just a bit behind with the upgrades because we couldn't get them until yesterday.

Dolemitesooner

Neo Member
So I am playing an Engineer and I am now level 24. Since about level 9 I have seen no changes in my first 5 spell slots and no place to change them. I use duel pistols. Do you really only get those 5 powers for the whole game. You can only change Trait powers?

NIN90

So I am playing an Engineer and I am now level 24. Since about level 9 I have seen no changes in my first 5 spell slots and no place to change them. I use duel pistols. Do you really only get those 5 powers for the whole game. You can only change Trait powers?

Skills change with your weapons.

Dizzy-4U

Well, Stormbluff Isle seems to be full. Any alternative for the remaining gaffers? How much is the world transfer if I want to change in the future?

Piecake

Well, Stormbluff Isle seems to be full. Any alternative for the remaining gaffers? How much is the world transfer if I want to change in the future?

think 800 gems? Well, you could eventually save that up with in game gold if the TP ever starts working

erragal

Slots 1-5 are based on your equipped weapon. 1-3 are primary 4-5 are offhand in the case of one handed weapons. As an engineer you also have access to kits which function like an additional weapon and change your 1-5 skill slots; you don't actually lose a utility skill with this because you get a new toolbelt active skill in addition to the utility itself. Most classes are expected to switch generously between two weapon sets to achieve maximum functionality, the game has a high learning curve in that you have to learn to manage your weapon cooldowns as they relate to your weapon switching cooldown in order to function best; Engineers are actually a bit more versatile in that regard because of their weapon kits and may be a bit simpler early on till you unlock some of the kits you're interested in.

It differs sharply from the traditional hotkey method of making all your abilities available in one stance and giving you a large number of situational skills as well. If you're looking for a class that has more to worry about cooldown wise I'd reccommend an elementalist or ranger; both of them require the active management of more skills due to elementalist attunements and ranger pet swapping.

Won

Finally got some levels into the Engineer. Interesting class, but damn, I feel the need to change the UI and hotkeys just for the class.

Piecake

Slots 1-5 are based on your equipped weapon. 1-3 are primary 4-5 are offhand in the case of one handed weapons. As an engineer you also have access to kits which function like an additional weapon and change your 1-5 skill slots; you don't actually lose a utility skill with this because you get a new toolbelt active skill in addition to the utility itself. Most classes are expected to switch generously between two weapon sets to achieve maximum functionality, the game has a high learning curve in that you have to learn to manage your weapon cooldowns as they relate to your weapon switching cooldown in order to function best; Engineers are actually a bit more versatile in that regard because of their weapon kits and may be a bit simpler early on till you unlock some of the kits you're interested in.

It differs sharply from the traditional hotkey method of making all your abilities available in one stance and giving you a large number of situational skills as well. If you're looking for a class that has more to worry about cooldown wise I'd reccommend an elementalist or ranger; both of them require the active management of more skills due to elementalist attunements and ranger pet swapping.

Engineer's require a lot more active management of skills than rangers, especially if you equip weapon kits.

CAW

Is the game down? I'm at 100% on the launcher but the 'play' button is greyed out?

edit: apparently I wasn't logged in. :p

Yeah, I was really frustrated this morning since the game's first log in screen really makes you feel like you won't be able to play on your desired server. I was trying to get into Stormbluff all morning, and finally gave up and picked another server. I got the splash screen that warned me they will charge to change, but I just wanted to play the game at that point.

What the splash screen doesn't tell you is that it's free to switch homeworlds right now (they will start charging once the servers balance out). I actually just switched to Kaineng for my homeworld for the time being, and it was 0 gems and painless to do. It has low population and is easy to get into if people want to start playing there, and then just keep an eye out for Stormbluff and switch as soon as there's availability.

Try using grenades, and the flamethrower. (And a rifle instead of dual pistols).

Pratfall

Heh, just received emails from ArenaNet saying that the email address of my acct has changed...except I don't own gw2. Checked the links and paths on the original and the emails did in fact originate from the guild wars 2 site along with the links.

http://i.imgur.com/LzuDz.png

Wonder what's going on over there.

So I got this same set of emails at 1AM this morning and I did have an NCSoft account but not a GW2 account. Now NCSoft.com is telling me my email address isn't in their system, so I think it may have been a hack. It is amazing to me that ArenaNet/NCSoft allow people to change the email address associated with the account without clicking the link in the confirmation email.

putarorex

Anyone done the underwater puzzle in the bloodtide coast? The verification code part is apparently is "trollish" from what I can find online, but I have no idea what it could be. Tried with a couple other people for about 20 minutes before quitting just now to get some sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom