• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian, IT WORKS!!!

You and Weltall are simply awesome
I'm so so glad that workaround works and now everyone can enjoy gamepad bliss :D I wonder how much of a difference it is from using the original command, I wonder if we should just switch to that for the main package.

What's the status of Guild GAF? I'm on the server but didn't get in on the original list. Are there openings? I read the OP but it was kind of silent on this point.

Thanks

Spookie

There was some talk about splitting the GAF guild into NA/EU factions so EU guild could build their own bonuses but I think it was decided against for the time being and the overflow guild was opened instead.

Stupid idea. If we did that we'd loose the 20k we've already banked so far.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's the status of Guild GAF? I'm on the server but didn't get in on the original list. Are there openings? I read the OP but it was kind of silent on this point.

Thanks
Tragically we've hit the cap but you are more than welcome to join Gaming Age Overflowrce, send me a PM at Hawkian the Blade.

I'm so so glad that workaround works and now everyone can enjoy gamepad bliss :D I wonder how much of a difference it is from using the original command, I wonder if we should just switch to that for the main package.

Oh, this reminds me, how do you aim a ranged AoE attack? Like Volley, or a Meteor Shower or something?

Arcteryx

Okay if there is a NA guild good. Whats a good solo class? And if your euro and play on NA you get penalized? <--- curious

Good luck getting on the server though. You have to get EXTREMELY lucky, because I've been trying off and on for the past 2 days(basically checking every 10-15 minutes) and I haven't seen it open up yet.

As for class, I'm having a blast with Warrior so far(dual axes), seems to be working well for solo.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh, this reminds me, how do you aim a ranged AoE attack? Like Volley, or a Meteor Shower or something?
We've made an enormous amount of progress with this since my first feeble attempt. A script resets the mouse pointer to a fixed spot on the screen every time you move the camera, meaning you can consistently aim AoE based on that point just by moving the camera naturally. In windowed mode you even get a crosshair overlaid on your game. For AoE-heavy classes, you'll want to play a couple of clicks more zoomed out than otherwise.

You can still aim with an emulated mouse (by clicking the right stick or holding the back button, then moving the right stick) but I never have to do this anymore.
just caved in, the hell with it
It's quite unlikely that you will be disappointed.

Jack_AG

Banned
Guys, I'm not bitching but I have a legitimate question. Is it just me or does it seem that character movement is a bit sluggish? I admit I am new to the series, but I expected characters to move and be response similar to WoW, Tera and the others. I feel like it takes a minute for my character to get a build up to run and the camera is also extremely slow to turn. Is this intentional game design or is something wrong with my settings? I've just never really seen toons move this way in an MMO. Otherwise everything else is excellent.

EDIT: This thread is the exact issue I'm referring to:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1087049-Character-movement-gliding-effect

It's in no way my rig, it's top of the line.
Character movement is piss poor for an "action" title, IMO. The spongy, rubbery, soft, non-1:1 camera movement doesn't help either. I hate that sponginess of the camera with my entire being. Bouncy/spongy mouse movement should never exist in any game ever.

I understand its to smooth the movement out - but I hated it in the first GW and hate it just as much in GW2.

So I changed my email address for my login, and ArenaNet sends the exact same email with the exact same verification link to both the old and new email addresses. I didn't see any additional links in the email to the old address in regards to a possible hacked account.

Dolemitesooner

Neo Member
I am one point of interest away from 100%ing Plains of Ashford. I have looked at other maps and still can't find this point I am missing.

Maddening.

Jrmint

So I just got 100% in Metrica Province and hit level 15.

What's the best zone to go to next? I'd really like to see a different style of area now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i should have paid more attention. I didn't realize that when youre low on funds to fast travel it pulls from your account bank lol.
Hadn't even been depositing to my bank. I wish this was an option so I could deposit "safe" money...
I am one point of interest away from 100%ing Plains of Ashford. I have looked at other maps and still can't find this point I am missing.

Maddening.
One point of interest is tied to a Dynamic Event there. Can you show the one you're missing on a map?

What's the best zone to go to next? I'd really like to see a different style of area now.
Have you been anywhere else? I'd recommend the areas around Hoelbrak for the biggest shift in tone/style. :)

Sethos

Banned
I've come to the conclusion that I'm the only GW2 player who couldn't give a toss about '100%' and area. I take the lowest hanging fruits when it comes to XP, get a few of the easy pickings and then move on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't forget to click the Represent button on the guild screen so you can talk to your guildmates (of course, if you are in more than one, you can only rep one at a time).

Jrmint

So how do I get to Hoelbrak from Rata Sum?

Also as far as the Gaf guild will you guys be removing the inactive people who stop playing after the first month so active people can get in?

Also as far as the Gaf guild will you guys be removing the inactive people who stop playing after the first month so active people can get in?

There is an Asuran Gate to Lion's Arch. That puts you at the gate plaza - you can find the Hoelbrak gate there, look for one with Norn in front of it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

This hasn't been explicitly discussed yet but I wager that is quite precisely what we'll do.

Violet_0

Banned
tried and failed to clear Twilight Arbor story mode with two fellow Gaffers. The last boss is just, I don't know. But anyways, thanks for the help Kanai Avalhar and Saah Vy (don't remember the user names :p)

jA1FbLAYvIVqf.jpg

we did discover a great strategy for the second champion though - avoid the spiders and run in circles while firing at the boss!

3 hours in Twilight Arbor... Holy balls. I have to say that the groups of mobs in this dungeon are harder than the bosses. Especially the groups of Nightmare Hounds... screw those things!

Granted, our group was 2 Mesmers, 2 Elementalists, and a Necromancer, which probably wasn't the best composition... But we did well enough until the final(?) encounter. We just couldn't do it, lol.

Some notes from our adventure:
Spider - Stay the hell away from the poison AoE flower patch
First Champion - Knocks down and hurts... Kite/immobilize
Fish - Kite & kill
Second Champion - Everyone go ranged, strafe the boss in a group and attack. Ignore phantom poison spider things
Third Champion - Just kill him
Giant door guard thing - Just kill him
Final(?) battle - Eir shoots some crazy attack right off the bat that hurts for a crap ton. You have to KILL THEM ALL in this fight! If you burn one down and then your party dies, they all reset.

PS: omnomnom asura

Jack_AG

Banned
I've come to the conclusion that I'm the only GW2 player who couldn't give a toss about '100%' and area. I take the lowest hanging fruits when it comes to XP, get a few of the easy pickings and then move on.
You get a chest key for your starter zone (at least I did) and where I'm at now gives 25s for the zone. The pirate area took maybe 45 minutes (I wandered). You get bonus XP, loot, cash... what's not to like about exploring?

Jack_AG

Banned
If I buy from newegg do I have to wait for the physical copy? Or do I get my code via email or something?
If you buy boxed - you wait for the box. If you buy DD - you download it immediately. GW2 is no different than any other PC game in regards to DD/boxed.

Piecake

Brisban is awesome, but its somewhat similar. Havent tried any others, but Kessex looks like a bunch of rolling green fields and centaurs. If thats your thing, go for it. Norn and charr also have their own 15-25 area

Sethos

Banned
You get a chest key for your starter zone (at least I did) and where I'm at now gives 25s for the zone. The pirate area took maybe 45 minutes (I wandered). You get bonus XP, loot, cash... what's not to like about exploring?

The XP is minuscule and the rest I don't care about the "loot".

"Oh you reached this stupid point, here's 1% of your XP bar, weee".

Forkball

For a few brief moments, I used the trade post, and it was glorious. How do you know if an item sells though? Just check your pick up section? Also there have been times where I received more gold than expected, is this just my imagination?

I hate it when some areas are completely dead. I was in Harathi Hinterlands and couldn't do anything because it was so sparsely populated. What's a good level 35 region?

Sethos

Banned
I dont get why you do not just stick to pvp...

Because I enjoy PvE, just not doing 40 minutes of 'exploring' to get the most pitiful amount of XP mankind has ever seen. I do like exploring, however on my own premises.

If they want me to do it on their terms, they need to offer something significant. Imagine a big wallop of XP when you complete an area, then I'd go for it.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Stupid idea. If we did that we'd loose the 20k we've already banked so far.

Yeah, who cares about EU-gaf getting screwed, right? I mean, that's 3 whole days you lost there.

Although the game is apparently not that stringent with the bonuses for non-NA people, so I guess it's not that bad. But it kind of bothers me when people make comments like this.

lol51

For a few brief moments, I used the trade post, and it was glorious. How do you know if an item sells though? Just check your pick up section? Also there have been times where I received more gold than expected, is this just my imagination?

I hate it when some areas are completely dead. I was in Harathi Hinterlands and couldn't do anything because it was so sparsely populated. What's a good level 35 region?

Under My Transactions tab in Black Lion Trading Company (O) there is a dropdown that allows you to view: Currently Buying, Currently Selling, Items Sold, and Items Purchased.

inky

Because I enjoy PvE, just not doing 40 minutes of 'exploring' to get the most pitiful amount of XP mankind has ever seen. I do like exploring, however on my own premises.

If they want me to do it on their terms, they need to offer something significant. Imagine a big wallop of XP when you complete an area, then I'd go for it.

This is what I got for 100% a lvl 60-70 area:

D5ZtM.png

The ring is exotic too. I'd say that's a pretty damn good incentive for doing it ;)

Sethos

Banned
This is what I got for 100% a lvl 60-70 area:

The ring is exotic too. I'd say that's a pretty damn good incentive for doing it ;)

See, that's what I'm talking about. That would actually make me go pick up my missing areas.

Thanks for the insight man, hadn't heard a peep about decent rewards, people always seemed to do it to satisfy their inner completionist OCD tendencies.

"Wow at all that Magic Find. BTW, how do those runes work? Would you need 6 Superior Rune of the Traveler to get all those bonuses?"

Yes, it's basically like set bonuses in other games.

Jack_AG

Banned
See, that's what I'm talking about. That would actually make me go pick up my missing areas.

Thanks for the insight man, hadn't heard a peep about decent rewards, people always seemed to do it to satisfy their inner completionist OCD tendencies.
Earlier you said you didn't care for loot ha! Also - per your earlier comment about XP - unlocking areas of the zone IS bonus XP. It cumulative.

Sont just think about the final reward - think about what you accumulate getting that reward. Its significant. I don't do it for OCD (its why I don't achievement hunt on consoles - in GW2 I do it for all the perks that come with it: loot, cash, xp.

Sethos

Banned
Earlier you said you didn't care for loot ha! Also - per your earlier comment about XP - unlocking areas of the zone IS bonus XP. It cumulative.

Sont just think about the final reward - think about what you accumulate getting that reward. Its significant. I don't do it for OCD (its why I don't achievement hunt on consoles - in GW2 I do it for all the perks that come with it: loot, cash, xp.

I still don't care about loot. I saw the huge XP bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom